Its official, RG is BOSS in arena now.

Prev13
Chef5
369 posts Member
edited April 2016
Just finished an arena match.

If you don't have RG, you're going to have a really tough time in arena.

RG is now one of the tops in this meta even moreso than before. No wonder CG gave him away in cantina. Non-RG teams wont be able to compete.

RG plus protection = all types of ridiculousness. If you don't have RG now, get him on your arena team.

Replies

• Options
    Any tank really. RG is just like an auto tank lol. He's been a staple since I started for me. Looks like he'll stay that way.
  • Options
    I am at 4* and am half way to 5* with him. He has been in my arena team ever since I got him to 4* Gear VIII. :) I should reach 5* before too many people start farming him in Cantina so I should have a solid head start on most people that exist on my Leaderboard....clearly, not other Leaderboards though. I only started the first week of January.
  • Options
    Yep. He had some of the best game in town before the update.
    Now after only about 10 minutes into the update, it's looking like he'll be the ONLY game in town.
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I have a 6* RG with prefrafted gear 9, the stats are

health 19.3k health
    18.5k protection

my arena opponent had the most difficult time taking down my RG combo'd with my lumi heal over time. I had most of my team left standing and this was a top 3 arena battle.

Post edited by Chef5 on
  • Options
    always fun when you need one specfic character to be competative. at least before you had QGJ and Dooku, now there's just one
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    Options
    Since RG is now in cantina, he's an easy farm. Most players probably have RG at 5* already anyway, by the time everyone unlocks cantina 7, most will alreayd have him at 7* or will have him at 7* shortly after the unlock.

It's like GS, a strong character thats easy to farm and completely Free to Play.
  • Bossk
    89 posts Member
    Options
    I do not get the huge boost in protection. He was already having a crazy amount of health early game.
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    Options
    Any tank really. RG is just like an auto tank lol. He's been a staple since I started for me. Looks like he'll stay that way.

not any tank because RG has 80% stun on basic, and passive health and turn meter gain, along with a seriously frightening amount of health and protection.
  • Options
    Chef5 wrote: »
    Since RG is now in cantina, he's an easy farm. Most players probably have RG at 5* already anyway, by the time everyone unlocks cantina 7, most will alreayd have him at 7* or will have him at 7* shortly after the unlock.

It's like GS, a strong character thats easy to farm and completely Free to Play.

except most f2p are lucky to even be at lvl 74 right now so 77 is still a few weeks away before that farm can even start lol
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    Options

except most f2p are lucky to even be at lvl 74 right now so 77 is still a few weeks away before that farm can even start lol

you won't need a 7* RG to stay competitive.

• Options

hopefully not. seems likely though. 40k+ health if count protection while auto taunting through
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options

Pretty much. I'm a bit above average F2P (I finish below rank 50) and am currently at level 73 with end of Saturday for 74. I cap out at about 1800 xp per day. So it'll take me another 16 or so days to hit 77.

They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    Options

hopefully not. seems likely though. 40k+ health if count protection while auto taunting through

my RG is near 40k health, and it took forever for my opponent to knock him out of the team. While he was attacking RG with auto taunt I was able to pick off his team one by one. He had RG too, but a lower level one so I KO'd his RG first.
  • Options

my RG is near 40k health, and it took forever for my opponent to knock him out of the team. While he was attacking RG with auto taunt I was able to pick off his team one by one. He had RG too, but a lower level one so I KO'd his RG first.

exactly my point haha seems like arena will come down to who has the strongest RG so that precrafted gear comes into effect more as well
  • Options
    Hmm I just fought a team with a purple 7* RG on it and had no trouble with him. Maybe it's my gear on the team. Protection is amped at gear 9.
  • Options
    That's why there are characters who can remove taunt.
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    Options
    exactly, if you have QGJ humbling blow will help you a lot in arena.
  • Options
    My 5*rg gear 8 rg was a boss in yesterday. Now he gets 2shot. Lol.
  • Options
    For an extra PITA, use him with ST Han leader for a defense buffed 2 tank nightmare.
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    Options
    I have STH, interesting.. Im worried that my DPS will fall too low if I add two tanks. I already have Lumi as a healer. So adding STH would mean I only have two DPS characters.
  • Options
    Lumi isn't bad at dps. Plus that ability block has saved me headaches on the regular. I have her in my squad too right now.
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    Options
    Lumi isn't bad at dps. Plus that ability block has saved me headaches on the regular. I have her in my squad too right now.

running GS, Rey and QGJ as my DPS, all of which I think are valuable to the team, I can't imagine replacing any of them at the moment. My Han is still low level, I've never really put any resources into him.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    I sure am glad I geared up my RG to purple the other day. Looks like Protection only applies to purple gear levels.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options

An easy farm huh. He's not unlockable till level 77. And with the increase to battles... He's not even close to being an easy farm.
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    Options
    any thoughts on adding Phasma to a QGJ RG, Lumi team? Phasma can give advantage while QGJ gives the team offense up, Imagine every character on your team with Advatage guarantee crit with offense up?
  • Options
    Oh and... **** precrafted gear. Noone can give me a reason why the devs felt that was a good **** idea
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    One way to beat this without a leveled up RG is to use dispellers. QGJ takes that taunt away pretty much every time. I may be using him and Asajj to combat this.
  • Options
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    For an extra PITA, use him with ST Han leader for a defense buffed 2 tank nightmare.

True, Except on defense. The AI will not use the two taunts in good sync.
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    DarthBalls wrote: »

An easy farm huh. He's not unlockable till level 77. And with the increase to battles... He's not even close to being an easy farm.

Its a lot easier then it was before, I was refreshing the nodes daily and spent a lot of crystals, and buying his shards in the shop leveling up RG, but now that he's in cantina, this is far easier, IMO its realistically attainable now for free to play when in the past it wasn't.

If I wouldve known he was going to be in cantina, I wouldn't have spent all those crystals.

Im at level 74 also. I think if anything free to play may only be behind a few weeks or so, once they hit 77 they can probably level up RG fairly quickly. I think most will have RG at 4-5* already.

Post edited by Chef5 on
  • Options
    DarthBalls wrote: »
    Oh and... **** precrafted gear. Noone can give me a reason why the devs felt that was a good **** idea

Nor have they allowed us who didn't precraft gear to even farm the new gear. It is STILL unavailable...