Made it! Thanks to the community

Finally finished arena at #1 on my server - one of the soft launch ones with SeroZero, Kylven, JoraMDarkade etc - and wanted to say thanks to the community for all the help and advice getting there. The huge number of posts from people like Sero and Whipit are a huge help for new players, and Jora's SWGOH Cantina is an amazing, invaluable resource put together impressively soon after launch.

Oh yeah... and FTP players take heart: have never spent on char packs, my only $$ purchase was the daily crystals pack, and my current team is all FTP grindable. So it is possible to compete, even on soft launch servers, without dropping a load of cash. (Although for the record, JoraM's current team is a flippin' nightmare!)

Cheers all and good luck out there!

Replies

• Options
    Glad for you, mate. You are an inspiration to all the naysayers and people who feel hopeless without spending money. We might not be on the same PvP "shard" (it was described by staff as the same server with partitioned segments, using that term), but I appreciate how difficult it is to play at a high level without buying your way in with characters like Old Ben, Kylo and Lando. Heck, even farmable characters at max stars, due to excessive energy refills. Wish you further luck in the competitive ranks of arena. :)

"Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Options
    Congratulation on your achievement! Can you tell us how your current arena Team Look like?
  • Options
    Glad to hear that! I have achieved it also today lol. Have spent 25€ with Dooku pack, daily crystal and a 10€ cristal pack, but all my characters are ftp.

Lame is there is no achievment bonus. I think they should give some Darth Vader shards as you progress in the ladder.

By the way how do you know the server you are playing on?
    Ally code 632-517-719
  • Options
    Sure why not - it's 7* Sidious, 7* Luminara, 7* IG-86, 6* Consular and 4* Dooku. All ground out through GWar, Cantina, hard modes and Arena shipments. I'm now working on slightly less mainstream chars for synergies, but took #1 with about the most vanilla team possible :)

I had lucky bronzium draws which sped up Lumi and IG a bit, so I wound up 7* on them both a couple days ahead of schedule.
  • Options
    AFAIK the only way to identify the server is by browsing arena rankings and seeing who's in there. So I know mine is one of the old pre launch servers because I can see @SeroZero, @JoraMDarkblade, @kylven etc on there - i.e. a bunch of the prelaunch guys who've done so much work helping others stay competitive :)

Would be really useful to have server names tho imo.
  • Options
    Again, there aren't multiple servers per platform. Only the groupings of players you identify by who you compete with.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Options
    Sure why not - it's 7* Sidious, 7* Luminara, 7* IG-86, 6* Consular and 4* Dooku. All ground out through GWar, Cantina, hard modes and Arena shipments. I'm now working on slightly less mainstream chars for synergies, but took #1 with about the most vanilla team possible :)

I had lucky bronzium draws which sped up Lumi and IG a bit, so I wound up 7* on them both a couple days ahead of schedule.

Nice, I pulled an IG-86 earlier this week, but it starts at 1*, so I put it on the back burner for a little while. Post some screenies to verify this glorious day!
  • Options
    I'm really hoping for some cross server functionality. Ally mock battles, raids, guild wars, etc.
    SWGoHCantina.com - Database of everything SWGoH. Fear the Boot |FTB| - One of the 1st Elite Alliances.
  • Options
    Kylven wrote: »
    I'm really hoping for some cross server functionality. Ally mock battles, raids, guild wars, etc.

This.

Please this.

This x 1,000.
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Options
    Congrats.
  • Options
    Kylven wrote: »

What's an ally mock battle? Like a practice mode? Sorry, I don't really understand.

• Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Woooooot grats!!
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options
    Cool what do you win? A million dollars? No one really cares. Move on please
  • Options
    Excellent job Irwan! I see you in my group!
  • Options
    Oh wait, I see you now. You're using the same name here as in the game.
  • Options
    Ohhhh! Grats! I see you now too! Thank God you don't compete for the same cutoff as my group, it's alrd tough enough with Joram.

*A little tip to those who bothered to read so far: Poggle :wink:
  • Options
    Congrats! i just ranked #1 on my server yesterday too.

I'm still no match to win against the real number 1. But when he was taken out by someone not too far stronger than me it was my chance. Plan to do that again today.
    :D
  • Options
    @Stormscythe how long you been playing?
  • Options
    Finally finished arena at #1 on my server - one of the soft launch ones with SeroZero, Kylven, JoraMDarkade etc - and wanted to say thanks to the community for all the help and advice getting there. The huge number of posts from people like Sero and Whipit are a huge help for new players, and Jora's SWGOH Cantina is an amazing, invaluable resource put together impressively soon after launch.

Oh yeah... and FTP players take heart: have never spent on char packs, my only $$ purchase was the daily crystals pack, and my current team is all FTP grindable. So it is possible to compete, even on soft launch servers, without dropping a load of cash. (Although for the record, JoraM's current team is a flippin' nightmare!)

Cheers all and good luck out there!

This is awesome to hear!! And you did it with no money. Much respect.
  • Options
    Appreciate all the rank 1 players and those that are really intrigued by the various combinations sharing their thoughts. Has been very insightful. How effective has IG86 been for damage output say as compared to Luke or Pilot or IG 88?
  • Options
    i'm on this server and have recently made it up to #18. slowly but surely lmao. Being on the shard with the most leet people is tough
  • Options
    Congrats! Well done.