Savage opress will be meta calling it now.

With damage reduced and overall defense increased making it much harder to kill people savage one shot ability is going to be extremely valuable.

Replies

• Options
    But you have to take down the enemy protection then take down their health before the one shot ability works
  • Options
    Ekucha wrote: »
    But you have to take down the enemy protection then take down their health before the one shot ability works

I love this captain obvious post it make me rofl
  • Options

Everyone always says that about Savage, but his ultimate has a reasonable cool down (3 turns?) and can do massive damage, not just on a finishing blow. Before the update I would often open with a Savage special on a dooku or qgj
  • Options

Aoe characters might be important now cause it will help you take out the protection faster but I'll have to test this out myself.
  • Options
    Currently I'm running Sidious (L) Vader, Kylo, Phasma and savage, I am crushing people. The other team I was running was Chewie (L), Sidious, Vader, Phasma, Savage, also a crusher
  • Options
    unit900000 wrote: »
    Aoe characters might be important now cause it will help you take out the protection faster but I'll have to test this out myself.

This is 100% on target. AOE to take down the thing that can't be healed (yet).
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    Options
    if savage is still handing out free offense up on the first turn to QGJ, I don't think he will be much of a threat at all.
  • Options
    i never worry about him. after 50%, a toon in soon doomed anyway. I love buffing QGJ off him.
  • Options
    Chef5 wrote: »
    if savage is still handing out free offense up on the first turn to QGJ, I don't think he will be much of a threat at all.

Poke at him to force his turn meter up, so he hits My ST Han, works wonders for the rest of my team getting extra turns. So by all means keep him and dooku on your team. My team appreciates the extra turn meter gains and easy offense up from qgj.
  • Options
    Until they fix the QGJ bug it's not worth it to use Opress in arena.
  • Options
    I just ran into a cool team with SO. Phasma (L), Sid, QGJ, ST Han, SO. That was a pretty sick squad and SO made it tough on me for sure. Kinda' makes me want to grind him out in the near future.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Even with the QGJ bug, I run SO in arena. He is tough to take down and usually the one at the end of the battle with the most health left. His execute is clutch as well.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    I ran some combinations with maxed Savage, and he's unspectacular. Can be useful in a tank team, but far from meta. RG is meta.
  • Options
    Until they fix the QGJ bug it's not worth it to use Opress in arena.

It's not a bug, not to me
  • Options
    Nah, he's not meta but good in the right squad. From what I can tell, there's no time to waste a Humblin Blow on SO to get Offense Up. You need that for RG or whatever tank or tanks are being used, SO's buffs are fairly safe I think.
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Savage has no place in arena, QGJ will wipe out any team with savage on it. I do find Savage a decent attacker in GW though. He's garbage in arena however.
  • Options
    I don't think anyone in the top 200 runs oppress on my server. He is ok but not great. You must be on a newer server.
  • Options
    I don't think anyone in the top 200 runs oppress on my server. He is ok but not great. You must be on a newer server.

No idea, been playing since late December.
  • Options
    I see him on a few top 20 teams but I've never had a problem with him. He's been more annoying to me in GW.
  • Mrek0
    188 posts Member
    Options
    With damage reduced and overall defense increased making it much harder to kill people savage one shot ability is going to be extremely valuable.

I bet you have him
  • Options

Mrek0 wrote: »

I bet you have him

I have him at 3 stars gear 7 level 60 so I'm working on him.
  • Options

AoE teams I don't ever see being important. If people started running AoE teams, then people would start running counter teams.

IMA gun lead
    Aayla
    Fisto
    Lumi
    Dooku.

That would destroy AoE teams. Sure they don't hit hard, but you would have 3-5 attacking the toons that would attack the one AoE toon, and only a couple have the health the live through that, as most AoE toons have low health
  • Options
    For the record, I started playing in late December, and I have a 7*, gear 9 Savage I've been using in Arena. I finished 1st on Sunday and have been in top 10 all week. At gear 9 he has 18K health and 14K protection, plus gets defense up buff. He soaks up a ton of damage and hits hard too. Also can get to gear 10 without much trouble.
  • Options
    Against teams that hit hard he isn't all that great, I would just leave him second or third to last and hit him with Rey and GS then switch to someone else for Dooku Daka and RG, repeat until he dies. Do the most damage with the fewest hits.

If AoE teams or others that favor more hits vs damage, something like ewoks, ever becomes meta he might be useful.