The Noteworthy Damage Changes - Master List + Opinion

For those of you that don't know, http://swgoh.gg/ is a site that provides stats/datamined info/etc, and they have recently released a spreadsheet listing ability damage ranges compared side-by-side to the pre-patch damage ranges. But I assume most people on the forum know about that already.

What you might not have noticed, is that most of the changes detailed in that list seem to go against everything we were told leading up to this update. The general idea was that slower characters should have seen a damage increase while the speedier guys should have seen a decrease. This was stated multiple times in multiple posts by EA/CG staff.

After reading through the entire list of changes, I found myself a bit confused, and decided to compile a couple lists for everyone. So, without further ado:

Things that made me scratch my head or audibly say "What, why?":

-GS wasn't touched. He's one of the fastest, hardest hitters in the game, and amidst all the heavy handed nerfs to other damage dealers and his peers with similar speeds, he remains completely unchanged.

-Resistance Pilot saw massive nerfs to damage. RP is incredibly slow and has a small health pool. Complete contradiction to expectation given the context.

-Resistance Trooper - same situation as Resistance Pilot.

-Asajj lost 10% damage off her AoE. Asajj is the 7th slowest character in the game - 6th because Ahsoka doesn't count anymore.

-Ugnaught got nerfed. Need I say more?

-Maul and Savage both saw small reductions in damage. Both of them are known snails, but Maul is especially surprising considering his abysmal health pool.

-Mace Windu lost a good chunk of damage. He's slow. Nuff said.

-FOTP and FOST saw big reductions in damage. FOTP in particular drew the short straw this time around. Both of them are in the final speed bracket. In other words: they're very, very slow.

-The sluggish droids (while not a big nerf) got hit. Most notably HK, who is the 5th slowest character in the game.

-Luke saw ~9% reduction in damage. Never in my life have I thought "dang, that Luke just does too much damage - especially considering his blazing fast speed and high health pool!". Because if I had thought that, I would be an idjit.

-Kylo, a well known slug, got hit pretty hard with damage nerfs.

-Cad Bane, with a whopping top speed of 107. He was Cad Bane before the nerf, and now he's still Cad Bane, only somehow even worse. Why and how did the idea to make Cad Bane worse come to fruition?

-Nightsister Acolyte lost ~12% of her damage on her special. That's just kind of funny actually. Why on earth would you nerf Nightsister Acolyte of all people?

-Datcha and Jawa got hit - and while they're fast, I don't think anyone has ever thought that either of them were OP.

-Finn, the legendary wet noodle with a depressingly low speed, lost almost 9% damage on his basic attack. Finn. I can't be the only one that finds that wrong on multiple levels.

-Old Ben, who has already earned himself a reputation as a liability in most cases, lost 20% of his basic attack damage. Then again, subtracting 20% of 0 from 0 still leaves you with 0... Carry on, gents.

-Mob Enforcer. I really don't need to write any more.

-Kit Fisto. Relatively slow, relatively light hitter, relatively "meh" character overall, saw a noteworthy damage reduction.

Things that I believe make sense given the pre-patch context we were given

-Rey lost damage across the board. This makes sense. She's tied for the fastest character in the game and hit like a truck.

-Princess Leia got her fair share of damage nerfs. She's the one that's tied with Rey for the fastest character in the game.

-Dooku saw some decent reductions in damage. Fastest character behind Rey and Leia. Makes sense.

-QGJ saw damage reductions in all his abilities. Crazy fast guy with a crazy fast leader ability.

-Luminara, who is a staple in everyone's lineup for one thing or another, was never slow, had high utility, and hit hard to boot. A small/medium nerf to her damage makes sense.

-Phasma gained about ~20% damage on her basic attack. I say this makes sense only because she just lost a bonus 65% damage from having advantage.

-Sidious got hit with nerfs across the board, and I can only guess that it was due to his high speed. Although, given that most of this list doesn't seem to care at all about speed, it's surprising that they decided to tone back Sid, who any seasoned player will tell you is most certainly not OP.

-Jedi Knight Guardian got some pretty big buffs to damage. Hahaha... she still won't be viable. However, she is literally the slowest character in the game, and as a result this probably makes the most sense out of anything they changed today.

-Yoda lost 70% of his AoE's damage. While this is in line with the pre-patch expectations, I don't think it was a good idea. 70% is pretty extreme IMO.

End Notes

This is based entirely off of a database that I don't contribute to or have any idea how they get their numbers. I have no reason to assume that they aren't entirely correct, which why I wrote this to begin with. In the event that these numbers are incorrect/changed, obviously this list would become, well... moot.

I tried to list as many of the noteworthy reductions/buffs as I could, and perhaps this could be a TL;DR to anyone not willing to scroll through the 7 pages on the site. Most of the toons I mentioned here were dealt buffs/nerfs that began somewhere around 10% and went upwards from there. There are a few exceptions, of course. For example, Maul only lost .6% of his basic attack damage. I added exceptions like him to the list because they contradicted my expectation. Eg: Maul is so hilariously slow that I thought he should see an increase in damage.

Replies

• Options
    The big problem is the nerf to Yoda's single target attacks. He hits like Bariss now.

Had to be a mistake. 34% nerf to a single target attack?????