Please, reduce Rg's protection.

LaLiam
1589 posts Member
edited April 2016
I have gone through a couple of battles in arena, and found very quickly i need to make a sustainable squad rather than a damage squad.

Having said this, with the obvious decrease in offense across the board, Rg's health is too high. Currently a gear 9 Rg has around 40k health including protection. This as a result means any synergetic squad comp i can make is irrelevant- because the opposing team have Rg they will always win. (When they attack me)

Also, if I choose to ignore Rg, there's no scenario where I can take down the opposition without a severe whipping by the enemy.

Thanks.
{RotE}

Replies

• Options
    *tear*
  • Options
    This is not true, I'm beaten by teams with no rg, before and after update.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    This is not true, I'm beaten by teams with no rg, before and after update.

Yes, so have I. Well done. I said any 'synergetic squad comp' i.e factions - Rebels, Resistence, Jedi. All may as well pack their bags
    {RotE}
  • Options
    RG more meta than poe ever was.
  • LMYYYKS
    333 posts Member
    Options
    Please remove protection.
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    Options
    I've been battling RG's all day in arena and I can tell you it is very possible to beat RG teams.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Chef5 wrote: »
    I've been battling RG's all day in arena and I can tell you it is very possible to beat RG teams.

Congratulations. *slow cap*. Read the op.
    {RotE}
  • Options
    Clearly a troll seeing how he replies to people that disagree with him. Nothing to see here people, move along.
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    Options
    LaLiam wrote: »

I dont understand, I thought you were asking for a nerf because you can't win RG teams? unless I misunderstood?

My answer had to do with RG teams do not require a nerf they can be defeated. just not the same way it was done before, takes a lot more planning.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Clearly a troll seeing how he replies to people that disagree with him. Nothing to see here people, move along.

How do you rank? What team? Why are you defending Rg? You have him?
    {RotE}
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options

I dont understand, I thought you were asking for a nerf because you can't win RG teams? unless I misunderstood?

My answer had to do with RG teams do not require a nerf they can be defeated. just not the same way it was done before, takes a lot more planning.

Yes, this is a nerf request.

No, I said if i put a faction on defence, Rg teams will always beat me. Because, you know, Rg.
    {RotE}
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    have you faced the other tanks yet? Daka and STH.. those are difficult too. none of which can be taken down before they use their abilities?

I've faced RG Daka teams that keep reviving RG, or Phasma STH Daka teams that perma stun my team.

Facing a regular team with RG as the only tank is not so difficult after that.

Im a rank 1 player also and i played 20 arena matches today alone, 4 refreshes trying to learn how to take down these super tank teams. It is possible, I was facing tank teams of all types of comps all day today.
  • Irics
    98 posts Member
    Options
    I've had two battles against RG + glass canon (Dooku lead) teams and I've come to realize there is no scenario in which I could kill the glass canon without activating RG's taunt. The most logical thing to do therefore is focusing fire on RG from the very first turn. If you have enough firepower RG should have less than half health left or even die if you're lucky. The troubling thing is you should have tank/heal on your side so at the next round your squad won't be bombarded by the still alive canons. That's my observation.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    have you faced the other tanks yet? Daka and STH.. those are difficult too. none of which can be taken down before they use their abilities?

I've faced RG Daka teams that keep reviving RG, or Phasma STH Daka teams that perma stun my team.

Look, there have been a lot of creative teams appear in my top 10 im the last few hours. Truly.

Han? Currently Han's, Biggs', and Hrs's protection are less than Rg's. Mix this with a massive damage nerf across the board, we'vre entered the Rg meta.

Im not saying they're unbeatable. Im saying Rg teams Can't lose on offense against any team. Currently my gear 9 Daka has half the protection of Rg, so she's not an issue.
    {RotE}
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    Options
    Irics wrote: »
    I've had two battles against RG + glass canon (Dooku lead) teams and I've come to realize there is no scenario in which I could kill the glass canon without activating RG's taunt. The most logical thing to do therefore is focusing fire on RG from the very first turn. If you have enough firepower RG should have less than half health left or even die if you're lucky. The troubling thing is you should have tank/heal on your side so at the next round your squad won't be bombarded by the still alive canons. That's my observation.

pick the glass cannon your want to take down first, attack enough to remove the protection and about 20 percent or so of health, then run a high damage assist to OHKO before RG fires off his taunt.
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    Options

Look, there have been a lot of creative teams appear in my top 10 im the last few hours. Truly.

Han? Currently Han's, Biggs', and Hrs's protection are less than Rg's. Mix this with a massive damage nerf across the board, we'vre entered the Rg meta.

Im not saying they're unbeatable. Im saying Rg teams Can't lose on offense against any team. Currently my gear 9 Daka has half the protection of Rg, so she's not an issue.

I have an RG at gear 9 roughly 39k health. I still lose to the other super tank teams. Han is not good alone, you need to combo him with Phasma and Daka, I face one of those teams and I got the first 3 turns, I couldnt take down han in three turns and then the turn meter manipulations and shock combo prevent me from getting any more turns. I was basically stunned the entire match, thanks to Hans TM manipulation and dakas stuns and phasmas assists.
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    Options
    another example is the Daka RG combo, Ive had many matches where RG gets revived multiple times in a match.

Once you start facing these crazy super tank RNG nightmare teams, facing a regular RG team seems a lot easier.
  • Options
    What everyone is saying about Han.

I run RG, I'm going against RGs and non RGs and frankly you just have to think more now and plan tighter. You DONT have to OHK but you can't just run RG and some glass and think it's going to go the same it did pre patch. Heals aren't useless. Stuns matter. It isn't Daka rezzes because she's usually the first to go for me no matter how many languages I swear in. You can't just point GS at not RG and pick people off.

• Irics
    98 posts Member
    Options
    Irics wrote: »

pick the glass cannon your want to take down first, attack enough to remove the protection and about 20 percent or so of health, then run a high damage assist to OHKO before RG fires off his taunt.

I don't think the approach is reliable enough. I don't have Rey and FOTP maxed yet. So the only option to OHKO is either with QGJ or GS. In my case, RNG is not with me most of the time so if I try what you said and the OHKO attack does not kill the canon and activating RG's taunt, that's almost game over. Unless you can humble blow RG a round after that... Oh wait it's evaded again by Dooku lead. Game over.
  • Options
    For the love of god OP can you just learn how to adjust your strategy?? Don't complain if you don't know how to switch up strat as quickly as others. Beating RG is completely possible lmao. It's all about timing your attacks properly plain and simple. You should be glad that coin toss speed meta crap is gone and that arena matches last more than 30 seconds now. Speed meta required you to have a small amount of toons that will burn you down in one round...where's the strategy in that? Now that an avg arena match can last 3 mins now it requires you to not only have the right squad but to able to USE that squad as well. I bet if you shared your roster in the forum there will be a line of ppl explaining how many diff squads that you can build that can finish top 5 easy. I'm in a early dec server and I have clones, ewoks, all jedi, stun/counter, and still some jinn n dooku left in my top 10. All these teams we're difficult to beat more than ever and I lost 3 battles today. I didn't B**** and moan about it, I was glad that this game got more competitive and diverse. I may have to settle for rank 2 some days because some guy might throw a new team at me and I wont know how to defend it. Games are SUPPOSED to challenge you and if you don't like the challenge then just play pacman or some s*** cuz this game ain't for you
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    JermProof wrote: »
    For the love of god OP can you just learn how to adjust your strategy?? Don't complain if you don't know how to switch up strat as quickly as others. Beating RG is completely possible lmao. It's all about timing your attacks properly plain and simple. You should be glad that coin toss speed meta crap is gone and that arena matches last more than 30 seconds now. Speed meta required you to have a small amount of toons that will burn you down in one round...where's the strategy in that? Now that an avg arena match can last 3 mins now it requires you to not only have the right squad but to able to USE that squad as well. I bet if you shared your roster in the forum there will be a line of ppl explaining how many diff squads that you can build that can finish top 5 easy. I'm in a early dec server and I have clones, ewoks, all jedi, stun/counter, and still some jinn n dooku left in my top 10. All these teams we're difficult to beat more than ever and I lost 3 battles today. I didn't B**** and moan about it, I was glad that this game got more competitive and diverse. I may have to settle for rank 2 some days because some guy might throw a new team at me and I wont know how to defend it. Games are SUPPOSED to challenge you and if you don't like the challenge then just play pacman or some s*** cuz this game ain't for you

*wall of rant text* - i did notice 'more competitive and diverse', which makes me wonder how many of these Red Devils you've battled to think it's any different from the previous meta.
    {RotE}