First Order Squad has been completely NEUTERED. Over 50% damage reduction to all FO basics.

blaz4me
16 posts Member
edited April 2016
I was unlucky enough to spend months farming this team that now has been made worthless. Why they were nerfed so hard I don't understand as they were never that good in the first place. Almost every char basic was nerfed by 50 % damage.

FO Officer He use to be my favorite character. He was so powerful with Phasma that if all 5 allies had Advantage he would crit for 9k. Now he crits for 3.5k with advantage. . Also since advantage runs out so quickly now he is just useless.

FOTP His damage has been nerfed by 50% I use to be able to crit for 7k on his basic, now it is 3500. . So best case scenario with 2 crits he will do 7k. He is not double tapping even close to the same amount. His special also doesn't crit as much ad deals 5k on a non crit. His biggest damage hit came from all the changes to advantage since it last one turn, and you only get keen eye now once per enemy. He is horrible now.

Phasma Her basic has also been nerfed beyond belief. With advantage is use to crit for 6k. Now it's crit'ing for 3k and now last 1 turn instead of 2. Her AOE now hits for literally 1k damage, and she lost all synergy with FO from changes to advantage.

Kylo Ren Just does horrific damage now it's so low I don't really keep track.
I think the shield affects his ability to use outrage as much now too.

I can understand nerfing a single character but a whole squad that weren't that good to begin with? What a waste of months I was specifically trying to make a team that most people don't use.
Post edited by blaz4me on

Replies

• djlott
    469 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm with you on my love for FOO but I don't agree with your numbers. He crits up in the 5k for me and mine is only 5 star...but Lv 73, full gear and skill. Msybe you were referring to crits w/o Advantage. But try him out with Boba as leader and you may just love your FO team again. You can achieve crits well above 6.5k.

On side note, they really do need to fix FOO Marching Orders. He loses a Crit opportunity since the Adv. Up to the random ally only lasts 1 turn instead of 2.
  • Options
    I just tested multiple times its 4k damage for me. He is 6 star Lvl 8 gear filled except furnace. I even retreated from battles whenever someone had defense up to make sure.
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    Options
    Hmm I'll take another look tomorrow. Maybe I was using Boba more than I thought today...that 50% crit damage increase makes a lot of the numbers look very nice.
  • Balth
    15 posts Member
    Options
    My FOO is criting at 5.5k but it's still pointless. You're right,they nerfed the whole FO Squad to the ground. Fotp is no dps anymore, FOO isn't a versatile dps/controler anymore,Phasma lost her punch and FO overall totally lost their synergies. I'm one of those fools who was spending 6 months into getting them all to 7*s as well and now be totally on the ground and very upset with this "balance" update. Nerfing one too is OK, taking some op stuff away, I'm fine with that. In order to change advantage you need to rework them, sure do it. But why in the world did they made one of those few less left synergistic Theme Team meaningless? I'm upset and not sure if I really wanna play anymore and invest so many time into the perfection of a squad anymore. 6 wasted months literally.
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
  • Options
    I've also been gearing mine since I started late December...almost have everyone to max stars and equipment/abilities as Im pushing through the 70's..

Not so happy....not so happy
  • blaz4me
    16 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Just tested once again in the arena. I crit'd I-86 with FOO for 3600 damage with advantage.

Then crit HK 47 for 3100 with advantage . These are live updates from arena

Lol FOO basic hitting for 1500 against CHewie

And draw time over
  • Options
    4 straight loses against droid team in the arena. Never lost more than 2 in the 5 months I've been playing
  • Balth
    15 posts Member
    Options
    I lost 4 battles, Drew 1 and won 1. It's pointless to stuck with FO. Time to go ahead with other peeps or quit,which I'm close to after wasting 6 months and money on this joke.
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
  • Options
    Same here. Spent forever farming FO team and now they are all pretty much garbage. My power numbers actually went up but dps is way down. Kinda demotivated to go farm a new team...
  • Options
    Yep. They killed First Order, and I was farming them like crazy.
  • Options
    I had been working on a FO squad for months as well. My Phasma and Ren were maxed out, 6 star FOO at 75/100, and FOTP and FOST at 5 stars. All of them were 4/6 to GL9.

What really bugs me about the damage changes are FOO and FOST. FOO's basic got double nerfed by both losing its scaling and lowered base damage. FOST was a decent hitter for a tank but nothing close to OP, now it's terrible.

Either way, a FO team is still terrible in the hands of the AI. I climbed up to rank 140 with my FO team yesterday and it was down to 360 when I woke up this morning.
  • Options
    Same for me. It was one of the best synergies of the game but now useless.
  • Options
    We must remember amor means something now.
  • Options
    You're telling me...
    I spent months farming all FO toons, all 7 stars and gear 8 only FOST left to star up, he's at 5. I even managed to take first rank a few times in Arena against a sea of speed metas and Dooku lead, using them with either RG or Daka.
    After trying them in Arena yesterday I know they are dead meat, no better than GW B or C team now...
    Who wouldn't feel frustration after that I ask?

Oh sure, let's move on and invest another 3 months on farming new toons...
    For what? After all the hard work they will also get nerfed or EA_God knows what?

Sorry but, I lost the motivation, I don't feel like it...
  • Options
    Time for everyone to have GS and Rey if thy didn't already - they were largely untouched.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Options
    Most of these sort of games make money in one of two ways.

1. Keep game balanced and do their best to keep players happy. Also make sure that their currency feels valuable so people buy more. More sales and specials make th average player happier and spend more.

2. Constantly nerf/buff systems and characters so people feel compelled to buy more shares for chances at characters that are the "new" op. Player satisfaction is less important than money grabs and they succeed because the game either has very dedicated whales or has a very powerful theme and/or property backing it up.

Really seems EA is living up to their reputations and going with 2.
  • Eaywen
    422 posts Member
    Options
    I too have been going first order since december, blew all my precraft ed furnace to gear each one at 74. It doesn't help nothing but 2k hits with 1.5k assists, meanwhile gs is still blowing 8 to 10k wads in my face and calling an assist, and rey is still slamming my toes for 11k
  • Options
    Dudes, it's not just first order characters. They **** everything up with this update. All of my characters are missing 75% of their hitpoints, all of their damage had been muted, and Advantage is just garbage now. I'm glad I spent the last several months grinding just so I could uninstall this now worthless game...
  • Options
    blaz4me wrote: »
    I was unlucky enough to spend months farming this team that now has been made worthless. Why they were nerfed so hard I don't understand as they were never that good in the first place. Almost every char basic was nerfed by 50 % damage.

FO Officer He use to be my favorite character. He was so powerful with Phasma that if all 5 allies had Advantage he would crit for 9k. Now he crits for 3.5k with advantage. . Also since advantage runs out so quickly now he is just useless.

FOTP His damage has been nerfed by 50% I use to be able to crit for 7k on his basic, now it is 3500. . So best case scenario with 2 crits he will do 7k. He is not double tapping even close to the same amount. His special also doesn't crit as much ad deals 5k on a non crit. His biggest damage hit came from all the changes to advantage since it last one turn, and you only get keen eye now once per enemy. He is horrible now.

Phasma Her basic has also been nerfed beyond belief. With advantage is use to crit for 6k. Now it's crit'ing for 3k and now last 1 turn instead of 2. Her AOE now hits for literally 1k damage, and she lost all synergy with FO from changes to advantage.

Kylo Ren Just does horrific damage now it's so low I don't really keep track.
    I think the shield affects his ability to use outrage as much now too.

I can understand nerfing a single character but a whole squad that weren't that good to begin with? What a waste of months I was specifically trying to make a team that most people don't use.

+1

I spent a while on FO also. Everything you said is so true. They nerfed all the wrong toons! They did opposite of what they said they would do. It's still the same toons being used bc they were nerfed the least.
  • Options
    Dudes, it's not just first order characters. They **** everything up with this update. All of my characters are missing 75% of their hitpoints, all of their damage had been muted, and Advantage is just garbage now. I'm glad I spent the last several months grinding just so I could uninstall this now worthless game...

Yeah, I would agree with that. Most characters took a damage reduction in some regard. Try running a Jedi team, your FO still hits harder than any Jedi.
  • Options
    Eaywen wrote: »
    I too have been going first order since december, blew all my precraft ed furnace to gear each one at 74. It doesn't help nothing but 2k hits with 1.5k assists, meanwhile gs is still blowing 8 to 10k wads in my face and calling an assist, and rey is still slamming my toes for 11k

Seriously! What the heck were they thinking! It's just so ridiculous that I have trouble believing that they are not mentally handicaped. They said balance and then amplified the imbalance that was already there!
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I think the change to advantage, and then the changes to FO because of it, are the worst part of this update. The whole thing is just not well done.
    They were worried about advantage being too powerful with armor now being more important, when in fact before advantage was useless for this very reason (except for special abilities based on it). The entire POINT of advantage was to, well, bypass armor! Advantage should have been left alone and FO chars tweaked down if necessary.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Balth wrote: »
    I lost 4 battles, Drew 1 and won 1. It's pointless to stuck with FO. Time to go ahead with other peeps or quit,which I'm close to after wasting 6 months and money on this joke.

I agree. It s really sad to have put all this resources for nothing.
  • Options

Yeah, I would agree with that. Most characters took a damage reduction in some regard. Try running a Jedi team, your FO still hits harder than any Jedi.

You don't understand. I am telling you all and only First Order characters took LITERALLY over a 50 percent damage nerf to their basic. Not one single characters damage was reduced even close to the amount, as everyone in this FO squad. You won't see that in the thread that list damage reduction % to each char because the main reason FO damage declined was because of the major nerf to advantage, on top of a 33 % nerf to FOTP, and 15 % to Kylo. They had synergy and really good basic bonuses with advantage that have been completely nerfed. So it was in fact a double nerf as their basic damages were reduced as well. IG-86 is critting for 10k with assist with 30 percent turn meter gain, and now FOTP is hitting once for 3.5k.

The scariest part is the whole squad got nerfed harder than every other character in the game. 4 characters I spent time farming rendered obsolete.
  • Options
    **** FO were nerfed harder than even I could have hoped for .