Galactic War: HP and Protection should regenerate for characters 'on bench'

So there's this thing in GW. Now that damage has been readjusted, and protection is in, it raised the barrier because a worn out team will face an enemy team with protection.

So here's my take:

For every turn that a character stays in the bench, it regens some hp and protection.

That would encourage players to do more character rotation and have larger, viable roster of characters, which is a very valuable trait for the longevity of the game.

Replies

• Narzis
    34 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I can support this idea. As far I see, the dev's goal is to let the players get more toons (not just grinding and upgrading the existing A team). This way the game will be more complex, because we can have more high level squads, we can try out more tactics, etc.
    Your idea exactly maches with this long-term goal.

Big up for this!
  • Kobi
    77 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Basicaly, i agree with you guys, but here's the thing - i win battle, i want protection again, so i put in, lets say, my 2* star level 1 leia ALONE and boom protection restored :-) and believe me, i have got enough level 1 useless characters to do this after every battle ;-)
  • Options
    Kobi wrote: »
    Basicaly, i agree with you guys, but here's the thing - i win battle, i want protection again, so i put in, lets say, my 2* star level 1 leia ALONE and boom protection restored :-) and believe me, i have got enough level 1 useless characters to do this after every battle ;-)

You have a point here. I think the regen should work based on progress. I mean, if you don't progress towards the ladder, your toons won't get any HP or Protection regen. As soon as you got further for example 1 matches, your not used toons will get some HP or Prot. back.
  • Kobi
    77 posts Member
    Options
    That would make sense, actually that would be just great for galactic war ;-)
  • Options
    Narzis wrote: »
    Kobi wrote: »

You have a point here. I think the regen should work based on progress. I mean, if you don't progress towards the ladder, your toons won't get any HP or Protection regen. As soon as you got further for example 1 matches, your not used toons will get some HP or Prot. back.

good idea
    TNR Rey of Hope, Heroic Raid 36/50
  • lunarwolf
    357 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    it should regenerate between each node.

you cannot heal the protection. and if you aren't close to max lvl it becomes absurd when you were already struggling with all star teams 10+ lvls higher than yours. now you basically need such a deep roster, and with the low credit payouts and exponentially increasing cost to lvl and gear the gap is getting huge.

considering GW is the only event worth grinding for credits and mats, it makes it a catch 22 where you need the rewards to progress but are locked out since your toons are not high enough lvl and roster too light

GW matchmaking was broken and only worked for high lvl players. problem is GW unlocks at lvl 40 and you are unable to play it because at lvl 60 you face multiple teams of lvl 74 all star teams. I have a high account where I can manage, but on my alt account still trying to get to lvl 70 it has become 2x as hard, and it was already a struggle on that account prior to update.

• Narzis
    34 posts Member
    Options
    Protection actually heals automatically between each round in GW (just like HP), but just IF it's not depleted already. If you lost a toons protection during a match, it won't heal. That's a problem too, because it's makes GW much more difficult for teams which are not full of high HP toons, like Savage or Chewie.

If developers won't make a change soon, GW will nothing more than game of tanks, of game of healers. I have a squad with 5 maxed our toons (all lvl 73, 7*, with all available upgrades), and GW becomes very hard after the 3-4 match. My toons lacks of hp, all my toons got a nice DPS decrease, so I have problems tearing down the Protection of enemy team.