Anyone else got used to the new health + protection bar already?

I said it looked naff last night, but I take it back. It's just different - and probably necessary to make things clearer now that we have three bars. So kudos to the devs :)

The only thing that vaguely bugs me is the little gap between the health and protection bar, when there's no gap between the health and TM bar. I know it's intentional, but it looks like a graphical error...

Replies

• Finity
    309 posts Member
    Options
    I am still not a fan of the health bar design. The reduction in the number of divisions makes it very difficult to figure out HP. I know the previous one had too many divisions, but they helped to show you the different in HP. Characters with a 2k HP difference can have the same number of bars right now, so not a fan of that.
    Love SWGOH and want to keep it great! YouTube: Reality Skewed Gamers
  • Options
    I'm noticing that the health reduces more on the outsides of the health bar and less in the middle.
  • Options
    Finity wrote: »
    I am still not a fan of the health bar design. The reduction in the number of divisions makes it very difficult to figure out HP. I know the previous one had too many divisions, but they helped to show you the different in HP. Characters with a 2k HP difference can have the same number of bars right now, so not a fan of that.

I know what you mean, but the more you keep playing the more you know the HP differences between toons and can rely on intuition rather than counting bars. Kinda like using the force lol
  • Options
    @TheMadTwadder really? hmm... I've done all my activities today but I'll look out for that later.
  • Options
    I'm not 100% sure but I was noticing it. The same amount of damage when they're at 50% health moved the health down one tick while the same amount took them down two ticks when below 50%. It was really noticeable in the ewok challenge when my characters did so little damage, instead of high damage variance like with level 73 guys.
  • Options
    @TheMadTwadder hehe I wonder whether that might be psychological. I.e. your toons appear to lose more health as they approach death :open_mouth:
  • Options
    No this was on the enemy toons. I wasn't concerned with my own guys' health because the one ewok I have leveled up is my Elder so revives aren't an issue, but they all do so little damage it took like 10 minutes. That's what made it easy to notice.
  • Options
    I liked it better right out of the gate.
  • Options
    I said it looked naff last night, but I take it back. It's just different - and probably necessary to make things clearer now that we have three bars. So kudos to the devs :)

The only thing that vaguely bugs me is the little gap between the health and protection bar, when there's no gap between the health and TM bar. I know it's intentional, but it looks like a graphical error...

Nah, everyone else is using their time to steam up the forums and complaining about it rather than giving it a fair shake and adapting. It's better for the most part. The people that don't think so, or refuse to give it a chance can leave now and I wouldnt be upset at all.
  • Pelle
    20 posts Member
    Options
    Its **** tbh. GW impossible without bariss and everything takes so much longer. Defo sux. Could have done something else. Im out and when i come back theyve probably fixed their game.
  • Options
    The new health bar is no problem for me. Took time to understand, but once i realize that before the bars ment 1K of health and now the mean 2K, it become easy, and understandable, taking into account that we will gonna have even bigger HPs when we reach lvl 80-90...
  • Options
    Pelle wrote: »
    Its **** tbh. GW impossible without bariss and everything takes so much longer. Defo sux. Could have done something else. Im out and when i come back theyve probably fixed their game.

Barriss was a key toon for GW right from the start...and it was made very clear. If you don't have Barriss at this point (lvl 70) it's your own fault
  • Options
    chainsaw wrote: »

Barriss was a key toon for GW right from the start...and it was made very clear. If you don't have Barriss at this point (lvl 70) it's your own fault

I chose to spend my time with Lumi instead as when I was choosing a healer to replace Black Jesus, Barriss had just gotten a big nerf and Lumi seemed like a better option all around (evasion instead of bonus health, better attacking, ability block, and much more available). So i'm still working to unlock her but might not even use her in my Jedi Squad when I do. Maybe GW.
  • Options
    chainsaw wrote: »

Enough with this myth! Barris is not necessary. Plenty of people have never used her, including myself, and we get by fine in GW. Just because she is indispensable to you doesn't mean everyone must get her.

Also, shoo! This wasn't meant to be a 'GWaaaaaaaaaah' thread :p
  • Options
    I was instantly used to the new health bars and actually feel it represents the health display a LOT better. Not to mention once everyone is maxed out at 80 it will look even better. Could you imagine people with 25k+ hp on the old bars lol
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    I can get used to the new health bars and protection.

On Bariss: I never used her in my main GW squad, but by the time I started to regularly win it, I was unable to farm her anyway (I either hadn't advanced far enough in campaign/squad cantina, or wasn't a high enough level to do so). Lumi served me well; Sideous' Health Immunity was never a huge problem for me.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.