Suggestion: Talent Trees

Just a suggestion to throw out there.

This could be a great way to allow character customisation. I'd definitely prefer it to different skins or gear choices.

At present there is a lot of upgrading you can do to characters, but nothing to make yourself different.

Talents would be a cool way to build a lot of synergies between your favourite characters, so you could go for your true dream team made up of your favourite Star Wars characters and still have them complement each other.

Replies

• Options
    This is a Nightmare for developers who have to figure balance. Much easier for them to simplify it as much as possible
  • Options
    Shizmoo wrote: »
    This is a Nightmare for developers who have to figure balance. Much easier for them to simplify it as much as possible

Well they sell individual characters for more than the cost of most full pc or console games, so I think we can be allowed high expectations :)
  • Options
    Shizmoo wrote: »

It's definitely true that less customization(or in this game's case zero customization) makes balance easier. However it's going to get stale very fast when every maxed character looks identical, and even barely a month in I find myself maxing out most of my A team.

I don't know about talent trees that might be too far in the other direction for the devs to stomach. I could see something like equipment enchants though(simple ones such as +3% health or +10 tenacity.)
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    I've considered this idea too. Some form of customization would be nice! Talent trees wouldn't have to branch out too much. Just a choice of two different paths once in a while, for example resulting in one more AOE focused Sid, or a more debuff/self heal focused Sid.

True, there are always balance issues to take into account. There WILL be players who are **** about having gone down the wrong path with their character. But these are pretty much constant concerns of any gaming community I've ever been part of anyway.
  • Options
    No talent trees thats simply another reason for the to add more iap for OP branches & give ftp players the basic branches. Its currently balanced I can guarantee that would only lead to more unbalanced gameplay.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Lol... If those are your genuine feelings about this game then maybe you should find another? This one is definitely less PTW than the old Star Wars app game that I spent a small fortune on, btw. But that would be a discussion for another thread.