2 quick questions for devs

Weezy34
117 posts Member
I wanted to say thanks to CG_johnsalera for a nice update and some communication between the game devs and the community. I do completely agree we need to give it some time to figure things out and acclimate to the new meta.

i have 2 quick questions I hope someone can at least shed some light on.

First, It was mentioned that this direction the game was intended to allow for more squad builds rather than speed teams dominating. I was curious if during testing of this new game design you guys truly found this to be an accurate result. We're your developers able to use a wide variety of characters to beat high leveled teams? The instant reaction I have is the opposite, this seems to have narrowed the field of viable characters and squads.

secondly, with the addition of protection, I feel characters with counter attacks have a natural built in advantage. In order to attack these characters, I have to sacrifice my non renuable protection. Previously, you could strategically attack these toons based on several factors, now, the only factors is, which of my characters loses their protection first.

I'm sure you saw these questions in the mayhem yesterday, but I'm not sure if a response was given directl, and I'm hoping and curious to see the answer to these questions.

Thanks guys!!

Replies

• Weezy34
    117 posts Member
    Options
    Case study:

Dooku.

Biggs does special against Dooku.
    Lumi called as assist
    Dooku hits Biggs twice
    Biggs lost all protection
    Dooku hits Lumi twice
    Lumi lost all protection and is now stunned misses turn
    Other teams Lumi hits Biggs with force Blast
    Other teams Sid kills Biggs

Summary:
    I have one turn, exposing Dooku, opposing player hits me 6 times, kills a character after one turn and exposes another one of my character

Dooku is able to remove 2 players protection on counter attacks alone. Do you guys consider this fair and balanced? Improvement over old meta?
  • Weezy34
    117 posts Member
    Options
    Really? No thoughts from anyone? No one else feels that people with counter have an advantage?

Man I'm weird
  • Options
    Add to the point fives.

I started a post on him here pre update
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/26759/fives-multi-attack-on-basic-when-speed-down-active-level-8#latest

Now he has 50% more damage on a counter plus double tap on lv8 if speed down is active add an insane level of protection to his already insanely high health and what do you have? On paper he sounds like an absolute monster
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    This was my thought as well; the counter attacks should provide an advantage. This is why I was thinking magnaguard could be good because he counters and has both tons of health and counters. People feel he is too slow though and the game does still seem to be about speed / damage.
  • Options
    On paper. I added him to my arena team yesterday when i got up to 4 after the update. Woke up at 21. So he was beaten.
  • Options
    You have the same choices when facing dooku as you did pre-patch. Leave him for last. Stun-lock and focus him down. Focus him first and get 18 counter attacks. You now have the option of using debuffs/buffs to counter his counters. You can apply offense up or defense up to yourself. You can apply offense down or defense down to dooku. You can choose to only attack him with players that have foresight. (yoda can give this to the entire team). But to answer your point, yes it is a terrible idea to outright attack dooku at the start of the match. I dont think anyone actually does this.
  • Options
    On paper. I added him to my arena team yesterday when i got up to 4 after the update. Woke up at 21. So he was beaten.

That's good to know. If I were you I'd be glad to have him as I think if you build the right team around him (phasma and FOST for example ) with more speed down you'll do well @HershBathens
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    People with counter already had an advantage. Is this really new? Attacking more often or attacking more people at once does have a utility in the new meta, but it's not just counterattacks. Speed helps with that, as does AOE.