Are defense leaders viable now?

Such as Eeth Koth, ST Han, Chewbacca, Fives etc?
| John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |

Replies

• Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    5's feels much stronger now, his counter attack is killing me on gw!
  • Options
    Looks lik 5s in now the man! Just wiped me!!! Hard too
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    Fives is a beast, although I don't have him.

I have max ST Han, going to run him as leader today and see how it goes.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I haven't seen any change with defense. They said armor would be more important after update. Lies. My magmatrooper hits for same damage with AOE (that ignores armor), which btw, it can't crit.
  • zerizut
    425 posts Member
    Options
    So, it's Friday. No change in defensive efficiency detectable. :|
  • Options
    It's too early to tell. This update will break something loose in the cookie cutter teams. Someone will experiment and find a new combo that will work to dethrone dooku. It could be defense leaders, could be TM manipulation, could be healers. Just have to experiment and find out.
  • Options
    Hobnob wrote: »
    5's feels much stronger now, his counter attack is killing me on gw!
    Sparky83 wrote: »
    Looks lik 5s in now the man! Just wiped me!!! Hard too

Hmm, interesting. :) I was specifically referring to him being used leader though'

But I'm glad fives is in a good spot.
  • Options
    Phipps wrote: »
    Fives is a beast, although I don't have him.

I have max ST Han, going to run him as leader today and see how it goes.
    Cool, let me know. I have ST Han as well, but only gear 6. A lot of people said he would be meta after the patch.
    zerizut wrote: »
    So, it's Friday. No change in defensive efficiency detectable. :|

Heh well between the dps decrease and new health bars I'm having issues noticing a difference.
  • Options
    CPMP wrote: »
    I haven't seen any change with defense. They said armor would be more important after update. Lies. My magmatrooper hits for same damage with AOE (that ignores armor), which btw, it can't crit.

That's bad, I specifically remember reading a dev saying advantage would trigger crits and then said AoE would crit on all targets, then used Magmatrooper as an example. Tsk tsk, naughty dev.
  • Options
    It's too early to tell. This update will break something loose in the cookie cutter teams. Someone will experiment and find a new combo that will work to dethrone dooku. It could be defense leaders, could be TM manipulation, could be healers. Just have to experiment and find out.

Yeah I agree, the dust must settle. The forums are crazy right now!
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options

That's bad, I specifically remember reading a dev saying advantage would trigger crits and then said AoE would crit on all targets, then used Magmatrooper as an example. Tsk tsk, naughty dev.

They also said slow heroes would get a buff. Can you really trust EA?
  • Options

I seem to remember someone posting that magna trooper specifically does not crit. It is always basic white text damage.