My 1st GW Report after update.

By node 3 my primary team's protection bars were toast

By node 6 I began realize my primary team wasn't gonna cut it after the update

By node 7 I began having to run 3 healers & 2 DPS with Barriss as Leader

By node 8 I began having to use suicide squads for every node

By node 11 I began using B & C teams to thin their numbers

On node 12 I continued thinning their numbers and finished them off with a random group level 71 to 73 characters

My Verdict: it didn't seem to really be any harder, but it took alot longer and required alot more suicide squads. I didn't do as many retreats because there wasn't really any 1 turn kills against me or against my opponents. In the end GW was certainly not impossible, but it was different and kinda slow and mundane.

The team I ultimately found the most success with was

Barriss (L)
Luminara
Jedi Consular
IG-86
Genosian Soldier

All maxed at level 74 except Barriss who is only a 5 star level 73 with level 4 & 5 abilities. I am obviously going to have to upgrade Barriss more for continued success I think.

Replies

• Options
    It does take a little longer but the strategy for winning is pretty much the same, though on my main account (where I have enough characters to have more than one viable squad), I did ditch the healers until the Protection bars were gone (around node 4 I think), as there was no point in having them.

On my FTP account, which is lvl69 I used the same team as before (as it's the only one I have) QGJ(L), RG, Lumi, JC and GS and completed it with no issues.
  • Chiatw
    7 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I dun understand the protection.. It seems they took some amount of health for it, and once you lost the protection you actually have less total health than b4 the update?! Cos you cannot heal back the protection part?!
  • Options
    Chiatw wrote: »
    I dun understand the protection.. It seems they took some amount of health for it, and once you lost the protection you actually have less total health than b4 the update?! Cos you cannot heal back the protection part?!

Seems like you understand it perfectly.
  • Options

On node 12 I continued thinning their numbers and finished them off with a random group level 71 to 73 characters

My Verdict: it didn't seem to really be any harder, but it took alot longer and required alot more suicide squads. .

you used lot of suicide squads for every node, B and C teams, also random group of high level chars, and your verdict is "not really harder"?

just wow...

• Options
    DieInFire wrote: »

My Verdict: it didn't seem to really be any harder, but it took alot longer and required alot more suicide squads. .

you used lot of suicide squads for every node, B and C teams, also random group of high level chars, and your verdict is "not really harder"?

just wow...

Nah it wasn't harder. I probably didn't have to use B & C teams to get by node 11 & 12 but since none of my characters had died (except suicide squads) I figured I could just sacrifice some characters to make the last 2 nodes easier. This is something I would often do before the update as well. As for the suicide squads I needed to use it on node 8 for sure after that I just automatically used 1 for every node to force then to use their best abilities and even out the playing field because they had protection bars and I didn't. I have ALOT of low level characters I can use for suicide squads so it wasn't a big deal for me.
  • VVS
    52 posts Member
    Options
    Just one team for whole GW...Barriss (L), Lumi, Yoda, dooku, QGJ
  • Options
    VVS wrote: »
    Just one team for whole GW...Barriss (L), Lumi, Yoda, dooku, QGJ

Yeah Barriss seems much more important than before the update. I hardly ever used her in GW before.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    I went through it with barriss, lumi, qgj, yoda and Rey. Took a bit longer than normal but otherwise it was okay. I think barriss might be more important now with her lead because it makes up for not having protection after the first few nodes
  • Options
    DV_27 wrote: »
    I went through it with barriss, lumi, qgj, yoda and Rey. Took a bit longer than normal but otherwise it was okay. I think barriss might be more important now with her lead because it makes up for not having protection after the first few nodes

Agreed and probably also because she will be needed to counter Sidious more than before as well.
  • Options
    Barris (L)
    Lumi
    Daka
    GS
    5's
    Didn't lose a toon, no harder than before just takes me 10-15mins longer.
  • Options
    Is there any point in using healers for the first fee rounds, since you aren't losing any health and therefore have nothing to heal at that stage?
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options

Agreed and probably also because she will be needed to counter Sidious more than before as well.

The one awesome thing about the battles being a bit longer, for my team, is that now I can use yodas BM every battle because the cool down would be ready by the next one. I couldn't do that before
  • ChrisJBB8
    57 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I do think healers are the way to go at least for GW. I'd ideally like to add Barraris to my team but don't have her even unlocked. http://imgur.com/a/pGbC4. This team was really the only team I used today. Had to do a few suicide run to take some of the heavy hits out, but overall not much different from the same team I've been running in GW for 2 weeks or more. Ackbar > Sid
  • Options
    I am slowly working through GW now. I am lvl 74 and unfortunately got an RG in node 1. With his high health and protection he drags out the match and i already lost my barris protection 1 node in. I probably should have restarted and put in a B team but ah well. Only at node 5, facing lvl 72s roughly and i will be swappingin my tanks to slowly chip away as all my A team has lost it's protection. I agree that GW should still be doable but it will be painful when facing fully protected teams with RG, ST Hanh, and 5s together.
  • VVS
    52 posts Member
    Options

The one awesome thing about the battles being a bit longer, for my team, is that now I can use yodas BM every battle because the cool down would be ready by the next one. I couldn't do that before

Yeah Yoda finally gained his usability. Everywhere.