"Why So Serious?"

dtmike1
242 posts Member
Just quoting the joker... "Let's put a smile on that face..."

The outrage and outrage over the outrage is rather amusing.

I've been discouraged, disappointed and bummed by certain decisions and timing of certain things but never outraged. I was a teenager the last time a game outraged me to the point of breaking a controller. I couldn't figure it out, yet even then I had spent hours if not days trying to. Not minutes.

I get it. The rules keep changing. It's like playing with a six year old. "This is the power sword! Ok I got it you're dead. That's not the power sword that kills he who hold it. Wait what? Yep I win. Why you little...."

It's annoying when you build up something for what feels like nothing. It's also annoying being told you're a child for feeling that way. That all your hard work didn't pay off. It would be like chess changing and who has queen like abilities. Yes we changed the rules the queen can do the same as the bishop and rook but now only half the distance. Uh ok... Next week ok King and queen are the same.. Uh wha? No, now we don't want the single character to be most important so now every piece has the same abilities as the queen except King and knight...

It's frustrating for some to try and keep up. I remember Mario and game you bought that stayed the same. I sometimes still play the game on my mod Wii. Mario never got a buff or a nerf just the same old Mario. How you used him mattered.

One of my favorite games to play now is injustice mobile. Sure it's outdated, I have every character, it's maxed but I still play it. They kept the characters the same. Plus or minus a few major changes. Like from e5 to e7, gear, and with augments recently. Get new characters in the online challenge which is the same as the arena here. Yet I can't buy the ones I want it just a rotation of content. Which allows me breaks when I have that toon maxed or just don't wanna get that toon. Plus I get three week to get a challenge done to get a new character.

I didn't sleep because of this update. Now after seeing everyone throwing fits or throwing fits about the fits I have came to the conclusion that everyone (me included) has been taking a game too seriously. For months now I have had an unhealthy addiction to this game. It was new, I wanted to give it a try. Then I wanted this character, then that character, then OMG I have to have this one.

It was taking two to three hours a night to get certain things finished. Most people only have two to three hours of lesure time. I'm one of the few that can have more if I want it. I have a disability and the government pays me for it, I also still try to work even though I don't have to.

I guess my point is you folks should be nicer to one another. It's a game. However my comment to ea would be to stop changing the rules of the game. Create story modes or something instead of meta shifting. Provide history to the characters or Star Wars facts. I mean it's a game about an intergalactic arcade.

I don't mind a change in content but changing if a player is worth a poop one month to the next gets old. The grind to get a shard or hairdryer burns me out. Then after I go through the trouble that character isn't as,good as he or she was last week because they were indecisive with how they want the game to go.

Really I think protection bar is silly. They could have just used the same bar and made green the whole bar and once gone it changes to yellow on the refill and red at half that bar. Then again the protection would be great against one hard hit wonders that kill toons right away. If it would allow no more damage than that meter from a single hit that would be great. So even if you had a bar left and some poorly timed super damage move wouldn't do much unless protection was at zero first.

So let's say I had chipped away at one characters protection and it was gone but the rest weren't. I use a mass damage and kill that character but not the others. Darth maul couldn't end me right away. Yay I get a few extra turns and a slightly higher chance to win.

Games that have high replay value to me are the less stress and time consuming ones for simple daily rewards. I should be able to login and out in five minutes to get the daily rewards. So if I'm pressed for time I can still get rewards. On days when I have more time I can dig into a time based challenge with a week or two for completion.

It's just my two cents don't get outraged by it.

Replies