AI and Special Ability Bugs

Alrighty so I'm having a variety of issues which are making me so frustrated I'm almost about ready to drop the game.

Firstly I'd like to point out that the Clone Sergeant's special ability - which is supposed to reduce enemy turn meters by 30% - doesn't seem to work unless the AI is doing it. When the player does it, the enemy turn meter appears to drop slightly but then almost immediately bounces back like it did nothing. This also goes for a lot of critical hit bonuses and other sorts of squad buffs which don't always work when they're supposed to for the player but always, ALWAYS works for the enemy AI.

I cannot get past dark side 4 - F because as soon as I enter, without any sort of delay, the entire squad of stormtroopers attacks first, and all they seem to do is spam grenades. All of them, without fail, use the same ability, and after 4 of those, it's basically another turn or two until my team of six (even with a strong ally choice) is completely wiped out.

I should mention that my squad is larger than the enemy and all my squad members are considerably higher in level than the lvl 30 stormtrooper enemies, and I'm at a decently high gear level, too. This shouldn't be happening, most of my team is getting wiped out before I have the chance to even counterattack. One grenade is overpowered enough, but four or five in a row before the player is allowed to input their first command is a real mood killer.

This is especially because, as I've said before, various things work for the AI but not for the players.

I've found that the enemy AI seems to be pre-scripted rather than based on RNG factors or a virtual dice roll, so a good 90% of the time every enemy AI team member will target the same single opponent - usually a healer or whomever is the weakest squad member - and gang up on that one single target before the player is able to mount any kind of defense. This is really, really annoying, and if my squad is higher in level my toughest characters should not be getting killed off in the first two rounds because of special ability spam and stacking critical hit bonuses.

It should go without saying that the grenades need a nerf, especially if the AI won't be rescripted so they don't all copy the same thing the last AI character did.

I also think it's kind of stupid that the Dark Side starting set is one character fewer than the Light Side starting set. The achievements reflect this as well; there is an achievement for unlocking a 6th light side member whereas there's an achievement for unlocking a 5th dark side member.

I get that the business model of any F2P game relies on microtransactions, but making things so imbalanced this early to force players to pay for the better characters makes me just not want to. I'd rather be immersed in the game experience so much that I really want to give money toward it, rather than it becoming an impossibly difficult barrier unless I open my wallet to get past a pay wall.

If a game is this unfair I won't pay a dime.

Replies

• Options
    Everyone went through the trouble of an enemy bot grenade team and prevailed eventually. Consider it a greater challenge, change tactics or train heroes even stronger.

And if you complain about bot team focusing weakest hero/healer, try thinking what would you do if you went against your team. Pretty sure you would take down wounded or healers first.
  • Options
    Idk man I was just in a match against a squad of AI clone sergeants and they had special attacks which never seemed to need a cooldown, turn meters that instantly went to max and did an unreasonable amount of critical damage compared to my much higher level squad and gear lvl V Phasma. That is no trial by fire, that should not be happening. Methinks the game is bugged.
  • Options
    I don't mind them attacking wounded or healers first, but i do mind that the PLAYER auto AI is so **** backwards(especially in arena) if
    You don't set a target for them they just either go bat **** and attack random targets or they attack one until it does and move to the next(usually ends up wasting time taking the highest HP boss/miniboss first instead of the weak ones. As for the nade/AoE team, it's rough but it's doable just grab someone with a dooku leader to assist you for dark side lol. And for DS achievements being lower than LS, consider how long you played and how many LS characters you got before you got your first DS, and how much further you progresses in the light campaign before you even got to touch the dark one.
  • Options
    Ghostkat9 wrote: »
    I cannot get past dark side 4 - F because as soon as I enter, without any sort of delay, the entire squad of stormtroopers attacks first, and all they seem to do is spam grenades. All of them, without fail, use the same ability, and after 4 of those, it's basically another turn or two until my team of six (even with a strong ally choice) is completely wiped out.

The dark side missions for me were much harder than the light side missions. More than anything to me it seems to be a lack of any decent healers. There are no dark side healers except daka / talia.? I'm currently not doing any dark side missions until i unlock and level up daka. I did get passed the mission you're talking about but it only gets worse in 5. On the light side though I have everything unlocked up to 7 hard.