My thoughts on the update after one day of play (long post)

Alexone
3646 posts Member
edited April 2016
So i want to start off by saying, that i really like the fact that we can get some gold mats now and some additional credits and pink mats. Well not all days in my case, but still! It's a nice thing to do. Second, i also appreciate the Ewok event for the IOS. Even though i haven't got a chance to play it yet, i am sure many many people are happy about it!

Continuing in a positive note...ARENA. I would just like to say wow! Why? Because Dooku isn't OP anymore!! And for this, i THANK YOU a million times. I was just about ready to quit because of him and he was destroying all of my fun in arena. Now, i am not 100% sure that Dooku isn't OP anymore, i will have to see the following days but so far....thanks a bunch for this! QGJ...he was never a problem to me.

Continuing with Arena, i don't understand exactly what most people here are saying...GS doesn't one shot anymore!! That was his big thing right? Well now it's GONE! The RNG has been diminished by a great deal only by giving us these 2 things...no more Dooku lead (possibly) and no more one shots. Now, i still have to fight Rey and i think she can still one shot people and if that's the case, then i think you should do something about that! I've also fought two 7* RG teams and i don't understand what people are saying. The only 2 fights i lost were against Poe. He just became insane imo! His defense seems to be really high compared to RG which i put down easily. Or was that just RNG? I don't know. Also Han...wow he is a nightmare now! Haven't seen any Chewbaccas but the balance between these 3 tanks so far, is undeniable to me and only an ignorant will say RG is the best! In fact, some high damaging toons hit in such a way, that RG taunt isn't even triggered and you can lose your toon on the very next attack with RG having his taunt still down.

Also droid teams...uh oh. I cannot beat them 100% like i used to till now with my QGJ, GS, Lumi, Sid (by the way Sid seems to be applying Healing Immunity a lot of times now, so he might become useful in some situations) speed B team, which i used exclusively as anti-droid. I think i need something else, i haven't found the definitive answer to them yet, BUT...you know what?? I would rather spend my time in arena coming with ways to defeat a good team, rather than have a look at another one of Dooku's dodges. Again, really grateful you, (potentially), solved that!

All in all, arena was a wonderful experience today, the fights were not as long as i thought they would be and best of all, no more Dooku dodge ==> lose game as a consequence!

GW: it was 20 minutes longer last night, but i was paired up with players that weren't that tough. Only 3 level 73's like me on the last nodes. The fortitude goes away after the 3rd node in arena though, so it might be a problem for some, maybe for me too. But hey, i will come back here to complain if that happens :smile:

Now to the not so good/not good part:

Challenges: Ok, after 2 hours today i finally completed one AGI challenge, then i managed to complete the rest. Against Savage Opress on steroids, there was only one guy from my team standing at the end every time lol. If my team were just a little bit worse, i don't think i would have done it. And i am sorry, but if the STR and TANK challenges are like this AGI one, then i will not be able to finish them. Ever. Especially the tank one. I was barely completing it 1 in 5 as it was. So, in my opinion, something needs to be done here to balance them out. STR challenge is VERY important to us, because it holds all the MK4 keypads which all the characters need.

Worst part imo: You nerfed YODA!! Noooooooo! For this reason alone, i think you are seeing 90% of the hate on the forums. No...just no! Yoda was life yoda was love! And you turned him into Barris-frog! Why? I loved fighting against opponents that had Yoda i love the little ninja turtle!

All in all, this is a good update but you need to solve a few problems. Also the HP bar is kind of confusing now. There have been a number of times where i chose to auto with my GS, just to only get my opponent into red!

Replies

• Options
    Dooku is still OP as my leader.
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    Options
    A lot of positives to the update. Best balancing yet that I have seen. Adjust and live on.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    YugeJazz wrote: »
    Dooku is still OP as my leader.

So i take it you liked the update and not quitting anymore? :smiley: I think the forum should get ready for you, because you will be here longer than most of us, i presume. Quitting every day of course! :smile:
  • Options
    First it's nerf dooku now we moving on to Rey huh? Sorry man but players like you are the real reason online games are starting to suck. People spend so much time and effort building up a character and then people like you come along with your complaints and your nerfs.

If you spent half as much time diversifying your squad as much as you complain about dooku then you wouldn't have any problems facing him. Better get yourself ready, you think dooku or Rey is bad? People are gonna be equipping those omega materials then you really are gonna face some problems lol.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I am not off of Dooku. Not yet anyway. I will be when they remove his leader ability. For now...i am just calm about him, because dodge doesn't seem to have such negative effects anymore.

But yea now i am moving on to Rey. Because she will be alone in her own galaxy soon. Want to join me in my quest? And **** about how much time people are spending on farming characters, if Rey can one shot most important characters through fortitude. Name another character that can do that and that will have 164 speed. I've spent 2 months unlocking her, yet i can't let this go? Can you believe it?
  • JediMindTricks
    1077 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    I am not off of Dooku. Not yet anyway. I will be when they remove his leader ability. For now...i am just calm about him, because dodge doesn't seem to have such negative effects anymore.

But yea now i am moving on to Rey. Because she will be alone in her own galaxy soon. Want to join me in my quest? And **** about how much time people are spending on farming characters, if Rey can one shot most important characters through fortitude. Name another character that can do that and that will have 164 speed. I've spent 2 months unlocking her, yet i can't let this go? Can you believe it?

If Rey can one shot you then your squad/gear/or your target selection is seriously flawed...lol. I guess that's why Rey has her own 18 page Nerf Rey thread right? Let's nerf whatever gives you trouble cause it's obviously OP cause your team is the best I guess.

You don't even have enough characters to do the omega challenge everyday but you know what toons need nerfs? Lol give me a freaking break.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Cool. Except for my 4*RG everyone is at 7* gear level 8 missing 1 or 2 pieces, level 73. Last night in gw, she 1 shot my IG-86 and about 75% fortitude left RG (maybe it was a little less fortitude i am not sure). Sure, she had offense up but it was a 5* Rey...At 164 speed and additional gear this isn't going to be trouble anymore. It's going to be Rey vs Rey! Who goes first nobody knows...At least now when she has 143 speed there's Sidious. Who may or may not apply healing immunity on her. What other counters does she have right now? GS? Can't kill her fast enough. Yoda? Maybe, but the number they did on him makes you consider whether or not to have him on your starting line-up. What else? QGJ? Lol...ye good luck with that. I saw an youtube video and someone posted the damage to speed comparisons between characters post-update for level 80. Rey was all alone up there. So i am not the only one seeing things...This isn't balance!

Let's be clear about one thing...I do not care how she does in defense. I am only worried about offense. I don't think i will be able to beat 164 Rey teams in offense! I would have no problem if her AI was one of the worst in defense, if they plan to leave her as she is. But the AI is quite smart on her!