Lando team

I currently am working on a Lando team. After the update STH is great to work alongside him (even though he should be a scoundrel instead of a rebel). However, I am trying to choose some other characters to help pull off Lando's Double Down. Here are my thoughts/options on the teams i could build.

Team 1: Damage Team
Sidious (L) - gives Crit damage increase for Greedo and Lando
Lando
STH - turn meter, tank and taught
Lumi - heal and solid damage (thoughts about Daka for stunning ability)
Greedo - extra crit damage (thought about GS, but Greedo's crit works better with Sid)

Team 2: Evasion and Turn Meter Gain Team
Old Ben (L) - gives turn meter and evasion
Lando
STH - turn meter gain, tank and taunt
Daka - stun and heal (works well with OB's evasion increase)
GS - with turn meter up, his swarm hit more often (Boba or Phasma could have gone here too)

What are y'all's thoughts? I might be willing to try and get RG in there somewhere too. These aren't based on synergies obviously, more on leader and unique abilities and specials.

Any tips or suggestions are very welcome!
My 2¢

Replies

• CWent
    241 posts Member
    Options
    Boba (L) lando, phasma, Han, Lumi. It works. And It's early, but I have no problem with the dooku or Jinn teams that used to pain me. Ranked 14 on mature server... The only boba in a sea of dooku bags. I've never been more proud.
  • Options
    @CWent Very interesting... Looking forward to trying that.
  • DeseltheMiner
    27 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @CWent just out of curiosity, is boba the lead purely so you get the 50% increase on crit?
    my guess is the strategy here is to:
    -survive the first round
    -heal/ability block with lumi
    -advantage with phasma
    -ability block with boba
    -taunt with han (getting turn meter gain for lando's second and third double downs)
    -lando raining down upon my enemies

is that correct?
    My 2¢
  • Options
    You choose Greedo instead of GS? Seriously?!?!? Wow
  • Options
    Why not a rebel/crit squad?

1. L - Lando
    2. Luke Skywalker
    3. Stormtrooper Han
    4. Biggs Darklighter
    5. Possibly Phasma because of advantage? If not, Ackbar, Scout, or Soldier
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    CWent wrote: »
    Boba (L) lando, phasma, Han, Lumi. It works. And It's early, but I have no problem with the dooku or Jinn teams that used to pain me. Ranked 14 on mature server... The only boba in a sea of dooku bags. I've never been more proud.

I'm building something similar. Unfortunately, I will not run it until furnaces are available. Gear 8 is too squishy in my server.
  • Options
    CWent wrote: »

I'm building...
    +Dooku (L)
    +Lando
    +Phasma
    +RG
    +Old Daka
    What do you think about it?
  • Options
    Lando is rebel and scoundrel now, which leads to some new inreresting combinatons and synergies
  • Options
    What about pairing Leia with Lando? She would go first and likely give Lando a 25% crit boost before his first turn.

Has anyone tried a team with those two?

It seems like something along the following lines could be very powerful:
    • Leader - Boba (crit damage) / Sid (crit damage and chance) / Ackbar (speed)
    • Leia (crit chance; DPS)
    • Lando
    • Tank - ST Han / RG
    • Utility - Lumi / Daka / 2nd DPS
  • CWent
    241 posts Member
    Options
    @DeseltheMiner you nailed it. It all works better than I planned on paper. You really won't believe the effectiveness until you run it. lando is the keystone... he starts dropping bombs and the bars melt away. It's a slow start so as long as AI doesn't focus on him, You're golden.

@RJ__Brando I started mid December and I'm swimming in shark infested water (10-20). Not sure how many are P2P, but there's plenty of maxed Leia's, Rey's, and RG's. I have nothing above gear 8, but it's working. I'm also the only player with this build in the top 100. Part of me wants to shut up and let all these fools keep running dooku fodder. The other part wants to tell you forum readers that the Fettman and Lando are legit.

I've also been waiting for months to chop off dooku' hands and **** slap his a$$. And yes... It feels good.

• CWent
    241 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @Dani_PvP as you can probably tell, I'm not a dook fan. But he is obviously good, and that build looks decent. I'm working on RG as well, he is absolutely clutch in this system. I have no experience with Daka, but like dook, I know the stuns are pain in the **** when your on the receiving end. All I can say is jump in... Try these new builds and don't shy away from experimenting.

@Ace97302 I think Leia would be perfect with boba and Lando. I'm just not going to pay for her. But anyone that does.... I'll cross the street if i see you coming.
  • Options
    Why not a rebel/crit squad?

1. L - Lando
    2. Luke Skywalker
    3. Stormtrooper Han
    4. Biggs Darklighter
    5. Possibly Phasma because of advantage? If not, Ackbar, Scout, or Soldier

@ReyIsTheOnlyBae4Me Lando doesn't make sense as leader there though, you'd be better off with ST Han leading. Lando's leader would only apply to himself as it only affects scoundrels (not rebels). Cool squad though!
  • DeseltheMiner
    27 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @CWent I love this team! I still working on boba 4* (always focus on QGJ, Daka and Ahsoka in cantina packs) and phasma 5* (i always just borrowed her). But this team works! the only downside is when lando doesn't crit 2x on double down...then you in the woods for 2 turns trying to survive and ability block. but the good news is that doesn't happen often.
    My 2¢