Yoda - Hardest character to get

MasterOneHit
170 posts Member
edited April 2016
So let me get this straight. The announcement that you could get yoda through a special event was very exciting. So because I wanted yoda so bad I stopped what I was doing to farm 5 7* jedis. I put all my resources into it, spent money on crystals for refreshes and when the second yoda event came around I was ready with 5 7* jedi. I spent 5 straight hours battling yoda and finally luck was on my side and I got my 7* yoda. I was so excited. He was a good toon worthy of a top tier rating. THEN HE GOT THE NERF HAMMER! now he is a mediocre toon and has been benched. All the time money and effort I put into getting him and he gets turned into a worthless toon. Well, lesson learned on my part. I will not make that same mistake again. Not another penny from me will be spent on this game!

Replies

• fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah I put getting the rest of my 7* Jedi on hold. Don't really care anymore since I don't use 6* Yoda now and probably won't use nerfed 7*.

How dumb was EA for doing this? People were spending money for the Yoda event to get enough Jedi and gear.

I hope when the event opens again there are multiple threads warning people it's not worth spending money on.
  • Options
    Atleast he is going to get time to put the abilities to use.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I am still going to get him. I have two jedi left to get to 7*. Meh. I've spent my time on worse things. Like this forum, for example.
  • Options
    Yoda 7* is not the hardest to get. A 7* Grievous, Vader, or Chromium exclusive is. Plus, with the Yoda challenge, all the work you put into it nets you 6 jedi at 7*.

Yoda has always been defined as "support". Other support toons, like Poggle, have a specific support role to play. Yoda can still steal buffs, manipulate turn meter and stun, get evasion, give tenacity up, and then pass all those buffs to your team. That is very useful. Previously, he was both a great attacker and and support, which was fun. I wouldn't give up on him just because his damage has been decreased. I think the Yoda drama needs a little perspective. He is still fun to use and useful in a number of situations.

One sided assessments of his value is just going to discourage people who have been working on him to give up. That is a bad decision.
  • Options

So let me get this straight. The announcement that you could get yoda through a special event was very exciting. So because I wanted yoda so bad I stopped what I was doing to farm 5 7* jedis. I put all my resources into it, spent money on crystals for refreshes and when the second yoda event came around I was ready with 5 7* jedi. I spent 5 straight hours battling yoda and finally luck was on my side and I got my 7* yoda. I was so excited. He was a good toon worthy of a top tier rating. THEN HE GOT THE NERF HAMMER! now he is a mediocre toon and has been benched. All the time money and effort I put into getting him and he gets turned into a worthless toon. We'll, lesson learned on my part. I will not make that same mistake again. Not another penny from me will be spent on this game!

I sympathize with your frustration on spending the money to attain Yoda the second time around only for drastic stat changes to be made to him. I do however hope you maintain positive mind set down the road when comparing him from before. Try not to think about his stat changes and look at his in game impact compared to before when determining if he has become a "worthless" toon. If you still maintain the same opinion after some trial and error than i feel sorry for you to have invested so much into him for nothing.

Good luck!
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    HeloPrime wrote: »
    Yoda 7* is not the hardest to get. A 7* Grievous, Vader, or Chromium exclusive is. Plus, with the Yoda challenge, all the work you put into it nets you 6 jedi at 7*.

Yoda has always been defined as "support". Other support toons, like Poggle, have a specific support role to play. Yoda can still steal buffs, manipulate turn meter and stun, get evasion, give tenacity up, and then pass all those buffs to your team. That is very useful. Previously, he was both a great attacker and and support, which was fun. I wouldn't give up on him just because his damage has been decreased. I think the Yoda drama needs a little perspective. He is still fun to use and useful in a number of situations.

One sided assessments of his value is just going to discourage people who have been working on him to give up. That is a bad decision.

+1
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    So let me get this straight. The announcement that you could get yoda through a special event was very exciting. So because I wanted yoda so bad I stopped what I was doing to farm 5 7* jedis. I put all my resources into it, spent money on crystals for refreshes and when the second yoda event came around I was ready with 5 7* jedi. I spent 5 straight hours battling yoda and finally luck was on my side and I got my 7* yoda. I was so excited. He was a good toon worthy of a top tier rating. THEN HE GOT THE NERF HAMMER! now he is a mediocre toon and has been benched. All the time money and effort I put into getting him and he gets turned into a worthless toon. Well, lesson learned on my part. I will not make that same mistake again. Not another penny from me will be spent on this game!

well don't you feel foolish now. Isn't that what a game should be, making you feel foolish.
  • Options
    Yoda is still extremely useful. Pre-update, it could be used offensively for a great effect, and deffensively was garbage. Now... it's basically the same. And every character has been nerfed in a similar fashion, so I suspect you will stop playing every nerfed character as well? (inb4 masterstroke 60% nerf, the devs already explained it's the lvl 80 reduction, at lower levels the impact is much, much smaller)
  • Options
    Title is wrong....Vader is the hardest character to get...it probably took you less than 6 weeks to get a 7* Yoda...and you certainly don't have a 7* Vader :)
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I think people are misinterpreting the update as yoda being flat out nerfed. His nerfs to damage were a decent amount, ut we all knew that anyway as fast characters damage was getting reduced

However, the update is also a buff for Yoda.

With protection, fights last longer. With longer lasting fights, yoda has a lot more time to spread powerful buffs to his team. Making the entire team immume to one hit is (#deleted seriously what the ridiculous filters consider curse words on here I always forget xD#) good, let alone what he can add from stolen buffs and tenacity to stop being stunned.
    Post edited by Akster on
  • Options
    Nerfed so badyhwpb6k.jpg