who to go for after update

Hi everyone, total noob here. I'm level 44. Been playing for a couple weeks only to now realise i don't really have a clue - so far have farmed lumi and luke, halfway to sidious, and have 35 shards of daka. I have 4-star chewie, 3-star JC and about to promote talia because I've just been summing all the hard missions for shards rather than summing for gear.

I mainly just want a good pvp team post-update. Im rank 400 atm. I realised daka is probably a poor choice for arena, so am going to start going for QGJ. I also read that GS is really powerful and have got him to 2-star, and stopped on 3-star luke.

so I guess the plan before the update was to go for this, as it was all about hitting, and pretty much everyone thought these were all OP:

Sid 45/80
Lumi 10/30
Chewie (i know he sucks, but you can only really farm four players at a time right?) ill eventually get poe or RG
GS 6/25
QGJ 0/25

I was happy scratching what i've done with luke and daka up to this point and trying to get that team before the update, even though I know i'lI be left behind having wasted farming time, because I know if I start farming right now I can catch up. but then everyone absolutely lost 100% of their **** at the update and now are saying everyones useless now. Theres no synergy in there, theyre all just big hitters. I can't figure out a team with good chemistry that can impose effects on the other team, work together, and reliably win and get me somewhere in arena short or long term because idk what works in the game after the update. But if just getting these guys as hitters is still a good enough strategy please let me know. There's too many characters with too many abilities and i smoke too much to figure out who is gonna use their abilities to work together to control other combinations of characters. I've even been considering stopping with lumi and getting phasma, because of advantage giving crits now and the fact that healers don't seem to be as useful any more, and I don't know whether going for QGJ is a good idea now as I'll be stuck farming him for ages with four star chewie as a tank, rather than poe. The fact is I dont really know **** but want to play the game.

Once I start farming someone now, I can't really stop with them until I get to 6 or seven stars right? Like in the arena i can't farm sid and then just switch before he get 7 stars can i? I have to make those characters as good as possible or will just not be able to do a thing in arena right?

Essentially at this point I'm really confused and just need someone to tell me the best options to go for until i figure out how the **** this game actually works. Apologies for a moany essay - essentially my question is given the update, my situation, and the combinations of players you can farm F2P, what is the best team to go for from here that is a winning combination in arena given the update