Post Update Jedi to Farm

Hello, long time reader on these forums. I have been farming jedi in hopes to eventually get a 7* Yoda (Yes i understand the recent nerfs, but I'm going to continue the grind). I'm currently running a 7* Lumi, 5* QGJ, 6*JC, 5*AJ, and 5*EK.

Once I'm done with the cantina farm for 7* JC, i was curious which jedi would be best to start farming between Mace, Old Ben, or Anakin. With the changes to protection, would running a tank jedi be the way to go? if thats the case, Mace vs Old Ben?

Replies

• AskAak
    13 posts Member
    Options
    I tried to get Yoda with 7* with that exact team all level 70, gear 8, and after 4 hours and getting close, but not getting him (even tried the barriss as one of side kicks and letting her use up Yoda's health), couldn't do it. I had been working on barriss as well, once she was 7*, I won first try. I know she wasn't listed, but barriss is great in GW as well, just something to think about. . .
  • Options
    I have Mace maxed and Old Ben at Gear 9 and nearly 7* as well. They're incomparable.

Old Ben has an awesome special that will debilitate your opponents. He hits for about 2500 damage and gives himself evasion up with that (great with Lumi lead). However, his leader doesn't work and his passive never kicks in because people and AI both leave him for last. Ben also has about 17K health and an impressive 15K protection. He's much more tanky with the latest update.

Mace hits a bit harder. He has smite which debuffs and hits for about 3000-3500, then his regular either does 50% more damage or heals for 70% of damage dealt (depending on whether Mace has more or less than 50% health). His leader ability adds offense up and critical chance up, which I'm hoping becomes useful at some point but not against current arena teams. His passive ability, Shatterpoint, gives a chance to randomly expose an enemy. Great for boss battles and taking down anyone with large health, but it needs a buff (I'd like it to be AOE chance) to be helpful on defense/AI. Finally, his health is about 14K but his protection is only 6K.

Both have about 112 speed. Overall, Old Ben is more defensive and Mace is more offensive tank (like a Jedi Savage, versus Old Ben who's more of a Jedi Vader).
  • Options
    Also, I still don't have Anakin yet (or Barriss, Ima Gun Di, or Plo Koon) but I'm told the recent update killed Anakin as a character. I was slowly unlocking him along with IGD and Barriss, but apparently they killed his already low damage and basically nerfed him. I'm going to work on getting Ahsoka starred up once I'm done 7* with QGJ, because she has gotten some love with a buff and this last update gave her even more damage plus she has 10k health and 10k protection.
  • Options
    Don't know about you guys but I'm probably going for Ima-Gun Di :)
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Joe_Cus
    152 posts Member
    Options
    I unlocked Yoda and he sits at level 1. I figure I'll eventually have Bariss, Lumi, QGJ, JC and Ashoka to 7*. If that don't work he stays where he is!
  • Options
    I wouldn't run Old Ben against a Yoda, if Ben dies and steals those Buffs it's curtains
  • Options
    Ima... that leadership ability + his defense up special.. oh yars.
  • Options
    I'm going for IGD and Barriss to possibly replace Yoda and QGJ on my squad (big maybe).

Noone is going to spend their effort working on 40k health+prot on Old Ben just to steal his death passive. He's a tank to try and work his health down, especially while the rest of the squad is attacking.
  • Options
    @TheMadTwadder This is for the yoda event. If Boss Yoda kills and steals Old Ben's buffs, is game over he was saying.
  • Options
    M9silent wrote: »
    @TheMadTwadder This is for the yoda event. If Boss Yoda kills and steals Old Ben's buffs, is game over he was saying.

I suppose I could've worded it better but yes.
  • Options
    I beat the event the second time they brought it back with a QGJ lead, lumi, jc, Ashoka and mace all maxed. The key for me was getting mace to expose yoda because he has an insane amount of health in that event. Plus the only buff yoda can steal is lumi's health regeneration

But besides using him to get yoda I never use mace. None of his stats or abilities are special and are better utilized in other players.

Currently I am farming old Ben to use in the arena because in my opinion he is the best pure support toon in the game.

As to wether yoda is a viable toon for the arena, if you run him with QGJ lead and Daka on your squad, you have a high probability to stun/remove turn meter off two opponents before they can attack. My favorite thing to do is against a team with kylo you can give your entire squad his counter buff on your third turn if you set it up right