So how do we feel about Old Daka in the new meta?

I'm debating giving her one of my precious pre-crafted Mk 5 Arakyd Droid Callers.

Replies

• Options
    I feel QGJ and RG are both better for the droid caller but Daka defintely is useful and benefits (more potency in gear ix!). What are you other option to use it, and hiw many do you have?
  • Options
    That's what I think about as well.

So far I never not used her. Was the first toon I got to 7* from cantina shipments.

But now I'm not sure anymore..

Two potential stuns with basic is still great, plus the chance of revives, but healing isn't that valuable anymore, because some toons will still have protection and won't need any healing, while just one is in the yellow or red zone.

And switching in RG and/or han already reduces the damage output of the team, with Daka that team won't hit that much.

Plus she doesn't bring anymore synergies to the team.

For example Poggle, who also could use the caller, brings ability block on basic, which can be almost as valuable as a stun, plus offense up (he goes early), plus you can use him with gs and 86.. So you got the damage you need..

So I won't jump the gun with equiping the droid callers till I have an idea of what team I wanna run.

Luckily I won't make 74 before Sunday ^^
  • Options
    I have her on my Ewok team and she adds an extra layer of annoyance to those that attack me in arena and some serious utility on offense. I can remember battling a #1 and winning because she allowed me to stun lock the counter strikers 5's and dooku with teebo and Ewok scout draining their turn meter while they were stunned. It was great.
    Ally Code 285-115-111
  • Awakened1130
    220 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    It was a difficult decision for me. I had 2 Droid callers - I gave them to QGJ and RG but really wanted one for Daka. Next one goes to her for sure (whenever that may be).
  • Options
    I only have one, toss up between Daka, RG and Poggle, I run droids with GS, I'm starting to lean heavy towards Poggle and he's not maxed out yet. . Second choice would be Daka.
  • Options
    Daka is still awesome in Arena, even a little better, takes slightly longer to kill her so she possibly can revive somebody. At that moment Poggle isn't in Arena but too many possibles I could run with him.
  • Options
    I had one droid caller and happily put it on daka. i use her in both arena and GW on a variety of teams. I think defense in arena is headed to a timeout meta if everything in this update sticks where ppl will put incredibly high health tanks with stunners like daka to force draws.
  • Options
    Had 4, gave Daka, QGJ, and RG one and kept one as a spare though I could give it to poggle. Now I'm faced with the question of replacing rey on my arena team with Daka just because she has that extra 5k protection and 4k of health, even though I'm afraid I won't have enough damage output without Rey, who already has RG to help defend her.
  • Options
    3 here, 1 each to QGJ and Daka. Saving the last one since RG is 5 stars only.
  • JbizzyG
    304 posts Member
    Options
    Old Daka all the way, she gains +60% potency at gear lvl 9
  • Jpoom105
    167 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Her basic goes up 15% stun at lvl 8, seems legit if her potency goes up too.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Does anybody know if there is a list i can see with the characters that require droid callers?
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @DanTheMan Thanks a lot Dan!
  • Options
    @Alexone no problem