Update not so bad

Flame away, but I don't get why the game being a bit of a challenge is a bad thing. Everybody at the upper lvls is still managing to beat GW. Everybody who isn't at the upper lvls just needs to get there. Is it mostly the F2P people that are complaining? If they made it even harder for the F2P players to compete then I agree that it isn't fair. Otherwise, the changes are just fine.

If you don't want to take the extra time to play the game, then don't. If tweaking your strategy/team to beat the challenges is a problem, then don't do that either. You probably don't enjoy the game much anyway. Move on to something that you do like or cross your fingers that the next major patch is more to your liking. Keep in mind that all major patches in all games come with changes that negatively impact some players. It just can't be helped.

Replies

• Options
    For me and my style of game play this game was a very comfortable fit before the patch. After the patch however has not been as much fun. I have seen other comments where the longer battles feel more like a chore than a quick fight. I have to agree with many other posters here, who share the perspective that the game isn't impossible or too tough. It simple is not as enjoyable. I believe the meta data for the dev team will likely show a significant drop in the average users actual time playing the game, despite it being a patch of slowing things down. I think most people will simply play less. I know that is the case for me.
  • Options
    The biggest issue I have is the time suck. I get and understand the slog of farming shards, farming gear slowly to level up your toons. That part of the game sucks, but at the same time once your toon is powerful it pays off and you feel good about that.

Unfortunately, now the actual fun part of the game feels like a slog. 6 rounds just to get past 3 battle droids, to then go against 5 battle droids, to finally get to the challenge boss. To then just get a couple pieces of gear, with only 1 that you actually need. It's tedious. No fun.

Now I have to farm battles, just like I do everything else. Yuck.

With GW, sometimes I wouldn't finish it all simply because I didn't have time to get to it. Now I really doubt I'll finish it. Now I'll have to choose, do I spend my time on challenges, or do I go for GW.

Now it takes so much longer to do everything, I can't sim some of the challenges anymore so I either have to play them or not do them. I'm less likely to complete all the daily activities now, so I'm less likely to play.
    Eventually I'll go a day or two without playing, and then I'll stop altogether.