Update is awful

The computer characters have gained so much defense, you'll have to spend a lot of time and money to get back to where you were before. I've spent a lot, but not another dime until you fix this. As a player level 73, I'm facing computer players that have defenses at levels I have never seen before. It is impossible to beat them before they wipe out your VERY expensive squad of players. I really enjoyed everything you'd done up to this point. But you've ruined it. Make it fair guys. The computer players should have the same (maybe a little higher) defense as your squad. Not this monolithical super defense you've see fit to give them, probably in hopes we spend another $500 to try to up our characters. Not happening. I spend more money, you increase their defense more. Costs you nothing. Costs me a lot of time and money. If I pay you 10 times the amount of a normal video game (like XBOX, or PlayStation), you should have the common courtesy to not develop computer characters that cheat you out of supporting the company.

Your destruction of your own game is sad. I wanted so much to continue playing, but not like this. YOUR characters need to be fair... not artificially inflated with defenses that you can't battle through. When the update first came in, I was excited. Now I feel like I want to vomit. What a waste of time and money.

Replies

• Youthv2
    270 posts Member
    Options
    It would be prudent to have gear sets 1-6 as health, and gear sets7+ for "protection"... at the current state of the game.

As for the term protection.... it's absolutely pointless. Protection doesn't actually do anything except handicap each and every character. Simplest example is:
    pre update, a character at 70% health can be healed to near 100% if not 100%.
    Post update:The handicap takes away from overall health. And protection can not be replenished. So protection should be called handicap.

This handicap makes it impossible for me at my current lvl and resources to proceed further in story mode. This handicap has make galactic war too challenging. And doing the daily battles for resources at recommended lvl is equally frustrating.

Back in late January or early February the galactic war set up was a massive upset for me. Before that, I dropped 100 US a month. Since then, I've been less than enthuastic about GoH. And instead of donating to an app game, I've reinvested in tangible games like black ops3 & Division. You're losing my money to microsoft/Activision/Ubisoft
    ~Y O U T H v2
    Guild: Paradigm of Virtue (PoV)
    Line: GohYouth
  • Options
    I totally agree that this last update messes up completely the game. Battles that I have already won with three stars are now so hard I can't beat them unless I use a sim. Such a modification of the game makes no sense. Now feels like my players are too weak for the status I have in the game. And since I'm using 7 stars players with Gear Lv VIII there is not much to update.

Do you realize how frustrating is the game right now? Do you play yourself? Are you actually testing changes you make?

The only reason I'm not dropping the game is that I hope in a patch very very soon.
    Antonio

• Options
    Agree with all previous comments, the updates pretty bad. Galactic war was a slog before but relatively achievable and good to try out new tactics/teams, however with the protection addition it just gives you a portion of your health that can't be recovered yet the teams you come up against are always at full protection. At least before you could juggle healers and tactics to try and keep your characters ready for the next match, but no matter what you do your team will be handicapped as protection gets whittled away never to be recovered. It's pretty much game over if you come up against a couple of dooku, sidious and luminara combo teams, throw in a couple of poggle, droids plus a tank teams and your character resources become thin on the ground. I have 12 7* characters to mix and match but this daily event is not fun anymore, neither is the reward worth the slog.
  • Options
    Apreciate your comments... So much, As I am addicted to this game and ivesting many time and $$. But Still I don't understand then, why the Star up affects to the character skills quotient per level. As much starts the quotient increases, but... it seems doesn't affect at the end. Then why they increase the ratio quotient per each star? Should be fix and apply some fix quantity of POWER per start and don't make up those quotient ratios... Don't you think so?
  • Options
    Just here to wholeheartedly agree. The game started off as a cashgrab, but at least it was fun before. Now it's just a blatant cash shop. You Pay 2 Play or you lose. And even if you pay, you might still lose...because EA.
  • Options
    Developers listen! This is not hard to understand. I don't want to go into the galactic war with level 74, 7*, gear VIII and come across a toon squad tha gets 20 hits to my 5. They are fully loaded with protection and don't even need it. They kill my characacters with 3-4 hits and I need to hit them 20 times. Not even possible when the hit ratio is out of whack. I brought for 7* healers and couldn't even get one of them before you destroyed my entire squad. FIX THIS. FIX THIS! FIX THIS! Why do you possibly think it is fun to have a computer programmer beat you? Duh? You can win every time, you program it. Why be at odds with your customers? You can't be that stupid can you?
  • Options
    Mardowan wrote: »
    The computer characters have gained so much defense, you'll have to spend a lot of time and money to get back to where you were before. I've spent a lot, but not another dime until you fix this. As a player level 73, I'm facing computer players that have defenses at levels I have never seen before. It is impossible to beat them before they wipe out your VERY expensive squad of players. I really enjoyed everything you'd done up to this point. But you've ruined it. Make it fair guys. The computer players should have the same (maybe a little higher) defense as your squad. Not this monolithical super defense you've see fit to give them, probably in hopes we spend another $500 to try to up our characters. Not happening. I spend more money, you increase their defense more. Costs you nothing. Costs me a lot of time and money. If I pay you 10 times the amount of a normal video game (like XBOX, or PlayStation), you should have the common courtesy to not develop computer characters that cheat you out of supporting the company.

Your destruction of your own game is sad. I wanted so much to continue playing, but not like this. YOUR characters need to be fair... not artificially inflated with defenses that you can't battle through. When the update first came in, I was excited. Now I feel like I want to vomit. What a waste of time and money.

So updating this... Galactic war is better, but the tank raid? I bring 5, yes 5 teams of 80+ level players, most fully modded and geared up (8+) and do less than 1% in the first roud. Do you realize the time and money invested? I get excited when you release new battles (like the tank raid), but when I play it, I get furious that you've determined that it will be fun for me to spend a month in the first round. It's not fun, and I feel like you've cheated me out of my time and money. I want to be excited about the ships, but I can only imagine the same sadistic overlord is managing the roll-out. I am sickened at the lack of empathy you have for the people who pay you... who pay you a lot!
  • Options
    antsnn wrote: »
    Battles that I have already won with three stars are now so hard I can't beat them unless I use a sim. Such a modification of the game makes no sense.

Don't take this the wrong way, but why wouldn't you just use sim tickets?
    I am the Reaper