Revert patch changes

OniRenkai
103 posts Member
edited April 2016
Do you think they should Downgrade version and study a bit more before applying it?

Revert patch changes 93 votes

Yes
52%
SlythRinnKTroy24benacrowGobear5555EricsonXRyAshOniRenkaicosuDarth_vratyzac_25JohnnySky2much4uAltoon33supachaiTau_LambdaMikaPatman6632NoSpoilclawsofhonorCalanosMeese_Rancher 49 votes
No
47%
scubaBarrokNaecabonBerdilioEM650solderboyjx25SeryaAwakened1130Megadeth3700RiggsinatorEleiemInternetSwagLordRathDarken26Nikoms565PetrozzaSNAKEMANGaurJohnnyudesPanna 44 votes

Replies

• LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    No
    I don't think they can do that, because people who are ready to roll with the changes are already busy working towards new goals. They already spent credits, mats, etc, towards new ends.

w/e obstacles you are facing with the new update, there are ways around it. W/e you spent towards the last "meta," those characters are potentially still viable. You may find it possible to temporarily branch off and gear/level up some different toons in the interim, though, in order to do the new training battles and PVE.

I dunno. I'm not even lvl 70 yet. I still remember being face-slapped by challenges, and leaving them alone until I could cultivate the right groups to do them.

The way I see it, this new patch provides reasons for spending resources on what used to be trash toons. Now there's a reason to gear them to level 7. And to give them a few stars. Yes, it's a detour, but if you look at the bright side, at least this is some level of fast achievement. Rather than the day in, day out, autobattle and spend all your energy to get 2-3 pieces of gear to get 3% closer to filling a gear slot of one of 8 toons that is all you needed for the last meta/PVE.
  • Spartan2013
    8 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Yes
    Yes,

I don't mind rebalancing characters and making more teams viable. I do mind making former characters that were good/decent garbage. I do mind taking 2-3 times longer to complete daily events for what's was supposed to be more of a casual mobile game--hence I've stopped playing/paying until a drastic reversion/revamp occurs.

EDIT: Btw, if you haven't noticed, they also reduced the rewards for arena. 200-500 now only gets 500.
  • Panna
    210 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    No
    No, the update isn't perfect by any means but with a few tweaks it will be good. Besides, we haven't even maxed our toons at level 80 yet so all these balances will make a lot more sense when we do hit that threshold of gear/levels.

Pros of the update:

- More teams/toons/synergies are now viable in all aspects of the game
    - Longer gameplay instead of just playing 20 minutes to an hour to do everything (some may disagree with this)
    - More strategy in the game as it's not just a DPS fest ending battles in 40 seconds anymore
    - More competitive arena instead of just sniping each other at the right time (it is essentially the same but there will be more people pushing for higher ranks now)

Cons of the update:

- Protection not regenerating in GW, made it so it takes almost too long to complete (but not game breaking)
    - Revamped challenges being a little too extreme (it wasn't bad for me but for a majority it was)
    - Some adjustments to certain toons have been a little too harsh (Dooku, yoda, and others)

All in all it was a good update but will need further tweaking, which is nothing out of the ordinary. Give it a week to play out and then we can all come to a consensus on what needs to be changed and how.

ARK - Alliance Of Rebel Knights | Editor & Graphics Designer | https://swgoh.gg/u/panna/
  • Panna
    210 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    No
    EDIT: Btw, if you haven't noticed, they also reduced the rewards for arena. 200-500 now only gets 500.

They changed arena payouts to be 100 less, but if you cared to read closely it said that it was giving 100 extra with completing your 3 daily arena fights. They did that so that people in the lower end of the arena would get more fair payouts.
    ARK - Alliance Of Rebel Knights | Editor & Graphics Designer | https://swgoh.gg/u/panna/
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    No
    Panna wrote: »
    No, the update isn't perfect by any means but with a few tweaks it will be good. Besides, we haven't even maxed our toons at level 80 yet so all these balances will make a lot more sense when we do hit that threshold of gear/levels.

Pros of the update:

- Longer gameplay instead of just playing 20 minutes to an hour to do everything (some may disagree with this)
    - More strategy in the game as it's not just a DPS fest ending battles in 40 seconds anymore
    - More competitive arena instead of just sniping each other at the right time (it is essentially the same but there will be more people pushing for higher ranks now)

Cons of the update:

- Protection not regenerating in GW, made it so it takes almost too long to complete (but not game breaking)
    - Revamped challenges being a little too extreme (it wasn't bad for me but for a majority it was)
    - Some adjustments to certain toons have been a little too harsh (Dooku, yoda, and others)

All in all it was a good update but will need further tweaking, which is nothing out of the ordinary. Give it a week to play out and then we can all come to a consensus on what needs to be changed and how.

Agree with this 100%. Excellent and fair points all. I was going to type something similar, but this captures exactly what I was thinking so well, there really is no need. Well said. The only thing I would add is that I would rather live with the cons of the update as opposed to the cons of the pre-update game. I applaud the devs for listening and implementing the changes that players have requested for a long time.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    No
    Also, I think the devs put a lot more thought into the changes than you suspect. For F2P, the GS and GQJ are still super viable. The RG is slow to grind for everyone, but everyone gets him to start. And he was pretty boss even before the update. I think anyone who studied him was gearing him up, already. Adding a new cantina battle for him also is nice.

In some ways the patch represents a new game. The whales still have a headstart. The F2P are still viable. But anyone that wants to spend $30.00 on a "new game" actually has a lot of opportunity to gain some ground, once they wrap their heads around the new changes. Whether F2P or whale or in between. I don't think it's unreasonable for the owners and employees of the game to want people to spend a little cash on crystals. If you were a long time player (invester), you may have even saved up resources/energy/crystals in anticipation of the new patch.

The only thing that really, definitely sucks, so far, IMO, is the new health bar.
  • Options
    No
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Panna wrote: »

Pros of the update:

Cons of the update:

Agree with this 100%. Excellent and fair points all. I was going to type something similar, but this captures exactly what I was thinking so well, there really is no need. Well said.

I can jump on this train. Overall, it's a tad bit too time consuming. I wouldn't mind a minor reduction in challenge difficulty and some tweaks to gw to make it a little quicker.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    No
    So in some ways, it's sink or swim time. If you're sour grapes because you were working towards a specific goal, just stop and think for a bit...

What were you going to do when you got there? Quit?

I was a SWG player when they did the major update that made everyone quit. As did I. This isn't even close.

I hope the reception is a little more open-minded on this game. Because I want space ships!

Complaining and negativity can ruin the game in heartbeat. All this crying over "everyone was nerfed" is stupid. If everyone is nerfed, then no one is nerfed...

I know it sounds like I'm an EA shill, but I promise I am not. I am just someone who sees my "investment" as "I will pay 30 bucks here and there as long as I am entertained. And I will not case about this money if/when I quit." It's not like I'm building a portfolio, here.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    No
    Oddly, I don't see a big difference in Dooku, yet. (Still a lot of mid 60's teams on my server, including me). Dooku teams are hardly evading me. Maybe some shards/servers are bugged? He is still not dominating my server, at all. Maybe things change at 76... but then again, maybe they will be different at 80.

And yoda seems to be have more time to do his thing, now. So in some ways he has been buffed by the protection bar. Buffs, in general, are a bit more powerful with a longer battle (well, minus the poggle/droid onslaught and done, which is now reduced a bit).
  • Panna
    210 posts Member
    Options
    No
    LastJedi wrote: »
    Oddly, I don't see a big difference in Dooku, yet. (Still a lot of mid 60's teams on my server, including me). Dooku teams are hardly evading me. Maybe some shards/servers are bugged? He is still not dominating my server, at all. Maybe things change at 76... but then again, maybe they will be different at 80.

And yoda seems to be have more time to do his thing, now. So in some ways he has been buffed by the protection bar. Buffs, in general, are a bit more powerful with a longer battle (well, minus the poggle/droid onslaught and done, which is now reduced a bit).

Fair enough, I just thought that Dooku's post-update damage is drastically lower then before. Yoda I felt the same way but you made a good point.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    No
    LastJedi wrote: »

The Dooku issue isn't his leadership, it's his counters and base damage. I actually pulled a 7* Dooku out of my arena team - he's just to "wet-noodly" now.

The issue with Yoda isn't his specials - those still work well and make him a nice utility hero. But with the big drop in damage, he really doesn't shine anymore. He's just "one of the guys". Sadly, I think spending on Jedi packs won't jump like it usually does the next time Yoda is available (at least it shouldn't) - unless they give him back some pop on at least one of his attacks. His AoE is VERY weak, his turn meter-down attack is okay and Aturu was dropped too.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    No
    Oh, I was looking at it the wrong way. After the update, I was reading bloody murder about how Dooku's increased evade was going to make him a must-have on every arena team. I even started to level him from scratch, lol.

As for yoda, he seems to be a huge gamble, now. (I am at least 6 years away from actually having a yoda for myself, mind you). If you can pull off a huge buff steal, it will be game over. But if you put a QGJ on your team as a non-leader, you can position yourself to steal the steal...

Overall, arena feels a lot more random, now. But in a good way. There's always a chance. Today, I beat a "standard" HK(L),86,88,poe,poggle team with a half-baked HK(L),86,88,GS,poe. Even though the other poe went first and my poe was dead before he even acted. Lots of fortunate RNG for me to have my GS as the sole survivor, but the protection/longevity increasing the RNG factor makes for more "oh cool" moments, so far, IMO. It's not exactly more fun when you know you have to grind for 6 months to have even a CHANCE of sniping any team above you.
  • Options
    No
    The biggest change affects GW in my opinion. Makes it more difficult. And i think that's a good thing. Some may disagree.
    The change makes GW more of what it's supposed to be. A test arena to play around and try out multiple teams while at the same time offering a challenging atmosphere. Forces players to build multiple characters up in order to reach the top tier pay outs.
    I LOVE the protection attribute.
    It has had an immediate impact on the arena and I see a bunch of different teams in there already. AWESOME!!!
    Definitely more strategy involved now.
    I HATE the fact that GS is still viable though. Can't stand that **** bug.
    Will more changes come?
    Of course.
    Will we like them all?
    Of course not.
    But we all love this game or we wouldn't put time into voicing our opinions.
    I'm enjoying the ride.
  • Options
    No
    No. I really dislike the update, but move forward. Take what you've changed and focus on character rebalances (weak characters got weaker - Anakin is worse than before, Old Ben is still terrible, etc). Please don't let worthless characters linger, and please do something about the easy mode Dooku + RG.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    No
    BTW, there will ALWAYS be people that get shafted by a rebalancing. But if you look at it, EA spent a lot of money to buy the game. And they have a lot of hard working software engineers on their payroll. They made some hard decisions, and they simply cannot make everyone happy with a rebalancing.

I say if you're a fan of Star Wars games, to give this a chance. If you're F2P, you didn't lose anything. If you have a few bucks to spend and you want to support future developments, now's a good time to figure out the new changes and to drop a few $$ on crystals. Refresh the abilities challenge once a day while it's here? (I did that today, and I'm not even lvl 70, just for the 2 stinking purples, lol) Blowing 10 or 30 dollars on crystals can be fun, and if you don't still don't like it... meh. Then quit! I have spent $60.00 on countless console games that I never finished or even spun up more than once.

NOT spending money is voting, sure. But honestly, it's not going to improve the game. It's straight ahead or nothing. It will be too expensive to roll it back. EA can't admit defeat, but it's not arrogance. It's a done deal. Forward or nothing. So if you want space ships...

• Thire
    111 posts Member
    Options
    No
    Some things need to be rebalanced for sure, perhaps gameplay sped up a bit and quite a few characters buffed to become useful again, but I fear that if they roll it back and try anew this will just happen all over again. At least they're learning what's wrong with this one from their player base, so they can hopefully tweak it into playability. The longer this stays out hopefully the more they'll learn about what's unbalanced
  • Options
    Speed it up