Game changes ....why?

AK5x5
11 posts Member
The game was fine....every game I play I end up quitting because they make some huge mechanic change that isn't as fun as the game was before, or like this change, make my playstyle un-playable...My chewie, while not a superhero, was pretty good...now he seems to be a giant damp sponge...just getting beat to hell. My toons are constantly missing now...arena is way too tough now...what gives? Why do companies mess with a perfectly good thing? I'm sure there were some minor balance tweaking needed...but I'm having a hard time doing anything arena related...

Replies

• Eleiem
    334 posts Member
    Options
    Because it was needed. Plain and simple.
  • Options
    Eleiem wrote: »
    Because it was needed. Plain and simple.

+1
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Because damage was too high relative to health. Does GW and Challanges need to be 10% easier yes. Do they have character balance right? No quite.

Is it nice that whether or not the assist attack landing and killing Rey before RG goes off doesn't determine the battle? Yes.
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    Options
    Arena will feel hard because the game just changed, I got destroyed when the update hit and I just changed things up a bit. Your toons are constant;ly missing now has nothing to do with the update just bad RNG.

Just as some think the game was fine before the patch, others did not enjoy the same GS + IG teams built to oneshot kill people.

The meta changed, as it has before and will do in the future, things get buffed/nerfed/changed and you try something new and work towards building new characters and going about the game a different way.

In regards to chewbacca he has always seemed to be one of the worst or at least underused tanks. That is just what people generally use though, maybe he does work with some teams better and is just underused.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    Because damage was too high relative to health. Does GW and Challanges need to be 10% easier yes. Do they have character balance right? No quite.

Is it nice that whether or not the assist attack landing and killing Rey before RG goes off doesn't determine the battle? Yes.

+1 This is why.

ETA: And has someone whose name is Greg, aside from an excellent point, you also have an excellent name. :)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Smite
    259 posts Member
    Options
    It's a common fact that people don't like changes...
  • Options
    "Missing" is due to Dooku bug fixes and most players agree it's crap. Protection, sure.. I like it.