4/15 Update Megathread

1234568Next

Replies

• HappyWompRat
    2 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Long-time player, first comment. I'm going to keep it simple. Post-update, the game went from being an enjoyable diversion to a time-consuming job. When a game becomes a job, is it still a game? Repetitive challenges, ever-diminishing returns on investment of effort and now the characters I spent so much time working on have been dramatically diminished in their capabilities. The only reason I'm winning more (after longer, more arduous battles) in the Arena is that people who focused on some once-great, powerful characters have had their defensive capabilities decimated - and that's when I don't experience a time-out draw.

Let's put the update aside for a while... What about a REAL promotion ladder for things like gear, shards, etc., instead of "sim tickets" to fight the same battles over and over, dozens if not hundreds or even thousands of times? When a game has an "auto-play" button, why am I even participating? It's like a bad movie fight scene squeezed into a handful of several seconds, played out over and over ad nauseum... Challenges? They're nearly identical, time after time, same scenery, perhaps a slight change in the minor characters - what kind of challenge is that? Am I being challenged to keep from falling asleep or am I being prepared for life on the factory assembly line? I have literally fallen asleep on some of the challenges in the past, they've become so boring. So instead of making them more creative and inventive, you simply make them harder to win?

I was considering spending some cash on GoH for the first time when I saw that Ewok package for the very first time. Now, after playing and reading the comments of other players, I'm thinking I might just send WWF some cash directly and put the game down for a while - perhaps even for good.

Congratulations, EA, on destroying what could have been a really enjoyable, long-lasting piece of fun.
  • Options
    I wonder if Bob the the builder can fix this problem that EA have created i just did a GW with no protection yes i have 5 x 73 characters with all stars but when you have 5 x 74 with full protection a battle i have now goes for like 15 to 20 min like cmon EA at least refuel this only on GW to make it a fair fight......
  • Elinad
    179 posts Member
    Options
    I was considering spending some cash on GoH for the first time when I saw that Ewok package for the very first time. Now, after playing and reading the comments of other players, I'm thinking I might just send WWF some cash directly and put the game down for a while - perhaps even for good.

Congratulations, EA, on destroying what could have been a really enjoyable, long-lasting piece of fun.

Bye, you won't be missed. Let us enjoy the lot more interesting game as it is right now, and go back to the limbs with the other crybabies !
  • Options
    Update still sucks! squad arena matches are terrible. Played one on full auto and it came to a draw! This should not be happening. CHANGE BACK PLEASE!
  • Options
    JulenGales wrote: »
    I appreciate the gear but it's just gear that would be accumulated anyway. The fixing of the difficulty of the challenges is the right start, but there's still a major issue with the way that health and the protection bar are used in the Galactic War.

The Squad Arena is fine because each match is obviously unique and all the protection resets. However, the GW is now almost as hard as the challenges were. I used to complete it nearly every day, or at least get to the 2nd to last battle before losing. And keep in mind, hundreds spent, and a great lot of characters. I actually have almost all of them; only two and a half rows at the bottom of darkened ones. And no, I don't level every single one up. Like most advanced players I have 2 rows of "studs" that are level 7-8 gear and 5-7 stars. Presently I'm at level 61.

Something has to change in the GW with the protection bar. Either we get it renewed each match, or, the opponents should not have it. I lost my protection bar after the first or second match both of the last two days. Yes the health remains about the same, but with the nerfing of most all of the characters, the battle is practically unwinnable without having 20 7* lvl8 Gr players leveled up, and that's probably being conservative. Nobody has time for that!

I will update my apple store review from the 1 star to 3 stars, pending some kind of addressing the Galactic War. Thank you for listening though, and getting something done along the right track...

This is pretty much exactly where I am. I like Protection for Arena. It balances out the meta a bit. All of my characters that were good before are still pretty good, but it's no longer a speed-burst meta. High damage characters are still useful, fast characters are still useful, but now other types of characters are good.

GW absolutely sucks now though. I have 11 7 star characters, all of which are full Gear VIII. I have another 5 characters that are 5-6 star with some Gear VIII. Even when I beat GW now it's a horribly frustrating and ridiculously time consuming affair of trial and error. And given that GW is where I spend most of my time actually playing the game in a day, ruining that is a major blow indeed.

• Options
    Did they delete your thread post again @cosmicturtle333 ?