Energy refills vs Pack buying?

Which is the best use of crystals? I used my first load of mainly free crystals on an 8 pack and managed to get a couple good pulls including Maul plus 10 shards for him. But I can only upgrade him from packs it seems so in the long run, Farmable units will be much stronger.

So is it worth buying packs unless you're a regular spender? Or better off using free crystals on refills for gear and shards?

Replies

• WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Refill and shards is a much better investment. I got a 4* Lando from cards on my first day and stopped spending on cards at that point and just focused on leveling so I can unlock more areas to unlock more characters and gear. If you just focus on cards you will have an awesome crew stuck at low level with crappy gear.
  • Options
    Energy Refills are the way to go.
    Packs aren't that great unless you're gonna put in $1000 to 7 star heroes.
    Most of the good pack heroes aren't farmable.

I'd go buy as much energy as you can and focus on farmable heroes you can get to 7/7 stars.
    Haider Level 60. Active player add me: 793-693-543

• Options
    Packs aren't worth it because there is no way to level up the exclusives, basically makes your team weaker. Spend it on energy and your team gets stronger.
  • Options
    I never buy packs. All energy.
  • Options
    only energy, packs are too random for a F2P player
  • Xhere
    80 posts Member
    Options
    I say buy few packs until you get characters you would use for arena and then commit to farming them up. For example - you unlock Rex and you want to farm him... but you notice he aint farmable unless you buy his shards in shipments. Then you save your crystals for Rex in shipments. But never start collecting shards of a hero unless you unlock him from chrom packs because you will save a ton of shards if you unlock the hero from chrom pack.

But keep in mind to focus on Arena squad because that will be your bread winner.. higher the rank in squad the more rewards you get and the more rewards you get the faster you will be able you farm and to maintain squad ranks.
  • Wulfdane
    24 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Buying card packs works great for getting new characters, but once you've obtained most of the characters you start getting a lot of duplicates..
  • Options
    I've stopped on both fronts...savings my crystals for the pending furnaces...
  • Options
    Saving all my crystals for furnaces...
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    MaxiPriest wrote: »

Probably best move
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    MaxiPriest wrote: »

Probably best move

Yup! Furnaces are incredibly annoying to craft. I hope they lower the price from 1615 to 1400
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Daezl
    177 posts Member
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    Yup! Furnaces are incredibly annoying to craft. I hope they lower the price from 1615 to 1400
    No need to adjust the price of furnaces in shipments -- it is WAI.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Daezl wrote: »
    tRRRey wrote: »
    No need to adjust the price of furnaces in shipments -- it is WAI.

I bet you datamined that explanation :confused:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    First bit of crystals I got I saved for 8 pack. Then refills ever since.