Just Dropped

Just dropped the game because of this ridiculous update. Never, EVER, fundamentally change the character of pre-existing play (moving the goal post). Extending the game with new challenges is fine but this was foolish. Bye EA!

Replies

• Options
    I feel like people who post these posts on the forum aren't actually quitting but want a really dramatic way to to complain and make sure people hear them... I guess we'll find out if @DavidFosterWallace responds because he must not have actually quit...
  • Options
    When a bucket of water has a hole, sometimes patching it won't do. Sometimes you need to get a new bucket. Goodbye DavidFosterWallace.
  • Zetto
    178 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Well, water in this case is the players. And this new bucket just got a huge hole in it.
  • Options
    Zetto wrote: »
    Well, water in this case is the players. And this new bucket just got a huge hole in it.

I was actually referring to David's tears being so heavy that my bucket has a hole in it. Now he owes me $5 for a new bucket.
  • Options
    Pacdiggity wrote: »
    I feel like people who post these posts on the forum aren't actually quitting but want a really dramatic way (blah blah blah)... I guess we'll find out if @DavidFosterWallace responds because he must not have actually quit...

Quit the forum no because it's a great case study about consumer behavior and I'm morbidly curious to follow its outcome. Game deleted from my device this morning.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Fascinating. Another player who registered on the forum yesterday.

David, if you would have been on the forums for the past several months, you would have noticed that several of the changes that were made were actually asked for. There were a great many discussions about game play, adding aspects to the game so heroes wouldn't be one-shot killed in arena, making game play more strategic, etc. (i.e. things that were actually brought about by the update).

Sadly, you (and a great many others, judging by the newly-registered forum users that are complaining) chose not to voice your opinions until after EA/CG spent months listening, discussing and developing these changes.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    LoL ...if I got everything right the first time I'd be Wizard or some shizzle. **** EA & CG for not being clairvoyant ...lOl
  • zerizut
    425 posts Member
    Options
    When I saw the thread title, I thought: "How nice, somebody got a interesting hero from Bronzium, let's see some positivity" :|

I just finished my "protection bar" GW without any sacrificial squad. That was fun! All hail the update! >:)
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Fascinating. Another player who registered on the forum yesterday.
    Sadly, you (and a great many others, judging by the newly-registered forum users that are complaining) chose not to voice your opinions until after EA/CG spent months listening, discussing and developing these changes.

Nikoms,
    Have you ever considered that a huge silent majority of players would rather play than spend time in this forum? And have you ever considered that these same players never thought to join a forum which brings design advice to the developers because they thought the game was just fine as is? I joined the forum to register dissent but what I've read from the factory seems to indicate it's a fete accompli. So now for me it's no longer a game and just a business case study.
  • Options
    PS
    Snarky departure notwithstanding, I don't wish ill to EA or still enthusiastic players. I just find the change so remarkably bad I don't like the game anymore. Maybe I'm the minority. We'll see. As I wrote, money talks. If the new game is profitable it's sustainable and it will survive.