This game needs balance badly...

CPMP
974 posts Member
edited April 2016
What happened to the "Slow heroes will get a buff" ? Is it normal to see heroes like GS and droids, doing 10k damage and attacking 3 times more than slow heroes? Is it normal that heroes like ig88, that the only counter vs them was to kill them fast, to become harder to die? (especially with a slow/low damage team that was promised to be made viable after the update? Is it normal to punish people who decided to waste resources, yes waste, not spend, on heroes like Stormtrooper/Boba fett instead of QGJ and heroes that everyone in top 10 has?

I am one of those who decided not to max QGJ, and go for Stormtroomer and boba, because of your blatant lie that slow heroes will get buff.
Here is an example of what i am referring to :

STORMTROOPER
Imperial Marksmanship (Basic)
Tier 8
Deal physical damage to target enemy. this attack has high damage variance.

STORMTROOPER HAN
Wary Shot (Basic)
Tier 8
Deal physical damage to target enemy with a 55% chance to gain 35% turn meter. this attack has high damage variance.

Ok what is this? The same basic but Han's got an upgrade? Is this balanced? Let's ignore it for now. Maybe Stortmtrooper will have something better than Han on his other attacks.

STORMTROOPER
Stormtrooper Bravado (Special)
Tier 8
Cooldown : 4
Taunt for 3 turns and grant empire allies defense up for 3 turns. in addition, stormtrooper gains a 50% chance to remove 10% turn meter from each enemy whenever he is damaged while taunting.

STORMTROOPER HAN
Draw Fire (Special)
Tier 8
Cooldown : 5
Han taunts for 3 turns, and all other allies gain 30% turn meter. in addition, all other allies gain 20% turn meter when han is damaged.

Again, is this for real? A trade off of defense up for a 30% turn meter gain? While this doesn't seem unfair at all (sarcasm), lets see the rest of the ability. 50% chance, am i reading it correctly(?) chance(??) to remove 10% turn meter? While ST Han has 100% chance to give allies 20% turn meter? Seriously?

STORMTROOPER
Wall of Stormtroopers (Unique)
Tier 7
Stormtrooper gains 13% defense for each living empire ally.

STORMTROOPER HAN
Bluff (Unique)
Tier 7
Han has a 25% chance to remove 30% turn meter from each enemy at the start of each of his turns. in addition, han has a 25% chance to remove 10% turn meter from each enemy when he is damaged.

13% defense for each empire, vs what? More turn meter manipulation! How is this even balanced? Also what is defense for stormtrooper? (if that even work, because i tried a lowbie full empire team just for this, and my stormtrooper was getting hit for the same damage as before)

Leader abilities: Only ST has one.
Plan B (Leader)
Tier 7
All allies gain 35 defense while above 50% health and 35% offense while below 50% health.

Let's check the rest tanky stats a bit :
STORMTROOPER : Speed : 113 / Health : 14258 / Protection : 12818
STORMTROOPER HAN : Speed : 126 / Health : 16624 / Protection : 18774

Is this the big balance update that you hyped so much? Fix nothing and break everything? People hoped that slow heroes like Stormtrooper, Boba, Plo koon, would get some buff. Why? Because that's what you said! That's what @EA_Jesse said.
Also @CG_JohnSalera , you said to give it time. How much time exactly i need to give to the update, to realise that my Stormtrooper won't ever be as good as ST Han? That some heroes aren't even remotely balanced? Slow heroes got a huge nerf with this update. Since the game lasts more now, heroes like GS and droids will attack a lot more often. As the time of battle increases, fast heroes get a bigger advantage. Also do i have to mention RG? How slow/low dmg heroes can even have a chance to kill this monster? All this update's hype was that slow heroes would get a buff. Instead, they got a nerf? Would dev care to give an official reply about this imbalance? I know i ask a lot, since these are the official forums and not reddit.
PS. Sorry for the long post.

Replies

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Why haven't you been farming for Han? Didn't you hear everybody saying he was going to get good? What did you think was going to happen when he would get basically more hp? Plus, Han was already slow, so of course he will get better no? Rey? She will never be bad in this game. Ever. What you did here, was trying to out-smart the meta, which is never a good idea.

From what i've seen the rule is this...if a hero starts mediocre, he will be mediocre. If a hero starts good he will be good. If a hero starts out to be terrible from the start, he might get a buff - RG. Why were you farming mediocre toons? Is Stormtrooper really your favorite character in this game? Why were you trying to out-smart the meta, instead of at least saving your cantina shipments/arena shipments/gw shipments. I never saved myself but still, it's an idea! Now you're stuck waiting to see what's happening with your guys!
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    Why haven't you been farming for Han? Didn't you hear everybody saying he was going to get good? What did you think was going to happen when he would get basically more hp? Plus, Han was already slow, so of course he will get better no? Rey? She will never be bad in this game. Ever. What you did here, was trying to out-smart the meta, which is never a good idea.

From what i've seen the rule is this...if a hero starts mediocre, he will be mediocre. If a hero starts good he will be good. If a hero starts out to be terrible from the start, he might get a buff - RG. Why were you farming mediocre toons? Is Stormtrooper really your favorite character in this game? Why were you trying to out-smart the meta, instead of at least saving your cantina shipments/arena shipments/gw shipments. I never saved myself but still, it's an idea! Now you're stuck waiting to see what's happening with your guys!

Really? Choosing to farm Stormtrooper and Boba, instead of QGJ and Daka, so you guys can see some diversity in this game, and this is you answer? "Why you didn't farm what everyone else farms?"
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Haha! Bobba Fett is bad? I thought he was good, didn't know this. Weird! But i believe you. Fact is, this is a game. If should farm for what you desire. But don't expect to have the same results without having a large pool of characters that can actually do something. And what does Stormtrooper have over Han or any other tank in the game? Nothing. It is pretty funny to me though that characters like Old Daka or CT 5s don't appeal to you. They are so awesome! Bobba i understand, but Stormtrooper?
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Han is rebel. Rebels have TM synergy hence the extra TM stuff on his attacks. You can't compare it to those
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Meanwhile try Bobba Fett lead with Phasma. You have to have her since you farmed for Bobba right?
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    I agree about the slow thing though. They told us slow toons would get stronger and fast ones worse but it seems just random in the change
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Haha! Bobba Fett is bad? I thought he was good, didn't know this. Weird! But i believe you. Fact is, this is a game. If should farm for what you desire. But don't expect to have the same results without having a large pool of characters that can actually do something. And what does Stormtrooper have over Han or any other tank in the game? Nothing. It is pretty funny to me though that characters like Old Daka or CT 5s don't appeal to you. They are so awesome! Bobba i understand, but Stormtrooper?

I wanted to try an empire team. And i don't even know who CT 5 and Daka are. I didn't even know of that Star Wars cartoon until this game. Never played nor advertised in my country.

@DV_27
    Empire have TM synergy too.

@Alexone I have Phasma maxed. And she is better on leader because i also have Kylo. Boba is extremely slow and has extremely low hp and damage. Also, he requires both Furnace and Arakyd droid to get IX + 2 other gear slots that require 50 + 50 pieces.
  • Options
    Well, one is a hero of the Rebellion that went up against Vader, Fett, Jabba, and scores of Stormtroopers and won while the other is a faceless automaton protected by a suit of compressed tissue paper that can't hit anything smaller than a Sandcrawler from 30 feet.
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Oh yeah you're right they do have TM synergy. Yeah it doesn't make sense in that case then
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    Well, one is a hero of the Rebellion that went up against Vader, Fett, Jabba, and scores of Stormtroopers and won while the other is a faceless automaton protected by a suit of compressed tissue paper that can't hit anything smaller than a Sandcrawler from 30 feet.

Well, since you chose this as your argument, let me ask you this : What does GS do in the god tier?
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    CPMP wrote: »

I wanted to try an empire team. And i don't even know who CT 5 and Daka are. I didn't even know of that Star Wars cartoon until this game. Never played nor advertised in my country.

@DV_27

@Alexone I have Phasma maxed. And she is better on leader because i also have Kylo. Boba is extremely slow and has extremely low hp and damage. Also, he requires both Furnace and Arakyd droid to get IX + 2 other gear slots that require 50 + 50 pieces.

Well yea but i think, you are missing out on getting the max out of your damage, especially from Kylo Ren. Doesn't Bobba have additional 50% crit damage as leadership?
  • Options

Well, since you chose this as your argument, let me ask you this : What does GS do in the god tier?

Fair point but if they'd nerfed GS 90% of the customers would have stormed the offices of CG with pitchforks and torches.
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options

@DV_27

Well yea but i think, you are missing out on getting the max out of your damage, especially from Kylo Ren. Doesn't Bobba have additional 50% crit damage as leadership?

50% crit damage vs Sid leadership which is 14% crit chance and 20% crit damage. Also sid is much better than boba, even though he is mediocre. The problem with boba lead is that allies don't crit enough, and boba is a dead weight.
  • Algren
    306 posts Member
    Options
    I hear your point, they did basically lie about the slow toons getting buffed, I don't get why.

BUT the game is SO more balanced now. I am currently 3rd in arena with EWOK team, EWOKs! Sitting next to speed teams and dodge teams and phasma teams.

It is balanced, but you have to be smart now. You have to find the right SYNERGIES. My ewoks on their own in a non ewok team are poor, but i put them together, and boom. So, how is st better than st han? In an empire team with empire synergies.

On bobba, yeah his speed is crap, and his damage is crap. But 50% crit damage?! That is huge. Play him lead with phasma and go advantage with phasma and every one of your next ahots are criticals with 50% boost. Maybe put in luke who stuns on a crit hit too. Its like all those people who complained about yoda being nerfed, then realised with the prevalence of buffs which he steals he his awesome and is in most top arena teams.

You must look beyond the stats, at the synergies and use your imagination pal. It is MILES more balanced.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    Folks, it's not about ST or BF in particular, the real question is why they announce that slow toons will get stronger and vice versa, and then roll out an update that does something completly different?!?
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Algren wrote: »
    I hear your point, they did basically lie about the slow toons getting buffed, I don't get why.

BUT the game is SO more balanced now. I am currently 3rd in arena with EWOK team, EWOKs! Sitting next to speed teams and dodge teams and phasma teams.

It is balanced, but you have to be smart now. You have to find the right SYNERGIES. My ewoks on their own in a non ewok team are poor, but i put them together, and boom. So, how is st better than st han? In an empire team with empire synergies.

On bobba, yeah his speed is crap, and his damage is crap. But 50% crit damage?! That is huge. Play him lead with phasma and go advantage with phasma and every one of your next ahots are criticals with 50% boost. Maybe put in luke who stuns on a crit hit too. Its like all those people who complained about yoda being nerfed, then realised with the prevalence of buffs which he steals he his awesome and is in most top arena teams.

You must look beyond the stats, at the synergies and use your imagination pal. It is MILES more balanced.

And this is exactly why Stormtrooper is a joke! ST Han fits better in empire team than Stormtrooper! This is outrageous.
    Also about boba as leader. Do you have him? Because i do. The damage benefit you gain by 50% crit damage, you lose it in the long way by having boba in your team. Swap him out for any other AOE hero, ig88 for example, and the damage that ig88 does, outweights by far boba fett and his lead. Especially with Phasma's advantage. And don't get me going about Dooku lead (my current leader) not only gives evasion, which cancels lots of damage, he also gives offence buff which is better than 50% crit damage. There is a big reason that none ever uses Boba. Even whales.
  • Algren
    306 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Vodo wrote: »
    Folks, it's not about ST or BF in particular, the real question is why they announce that slow toons will get stronger and vice versa, and then roll out an update that does something completly different?!?

They said stronger, not deal more damage. Relatively now in the new meta than in the old one they are stronger. Again i point to my slow **** ewok team who are 3rd in arena.

The slow toons are now STRONGER because they can use their buffs and debuffs to effect which they couldn't do before. Conversely the fast ones no longer beat you on pace alone, they deal less damage and typical (gs is a great example) can't buff or debuff, so in longer battles are at a disadvantage.

BF is slow and does low damage, but he ability blocks, self revives, and has a decent leadership. I would now choose him over gs in an arena team. Heck last are a battle i left gs to the very end to kill because he doesn't hurt me anymore.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options

They said stronger, not deal more damage. Relatively now in the new meta than in the old one they are stronger. Again i point to my slow **** ewok team who are 3rd in arena.

The slow toons are now STRONGER because they can use their buffs and debuffs to effect which they couldn't do before. Conversely the fast ones no longer beat you on pace alone, they deal less damage and typical (gs is a great example) can't buff or debuff, so in longer battles are at a disadvantage.

Yay, my Plo koon now has time to use his defense up! Oh wait! Pre update he also could! Because everyone tend to ignore him!! Even the AI! Lol. Which heroes were the ones that didn't had time to use their abilities? Those that had to be put down asap because they were Strong as F. Ig88, Yoda, Phasma, GS, Rey. Thanks for buffing them in this update. GS is now impossible to die behind the RG wall. Have fun bringing slow toons vs Rey, GS, Leia, while they hide behind RG. I tried that with medium speed tanky heroes (Kylo, Vader, Phasma vs Rey, GS, Daka, Dooku lead, RG team. RG died while i had left only kylo standing.
  • Algren
    306 posts Member
    Options

Yay, my Plo koon now has time to use his defense up! Oh wait! Pre update he also could! Because everyone tend to ignore him!! Even the AI! Lol. Which heroes were the ones that didn't had time to use their abilities? Those that had to be put down asap because they were Strong as F. Ig88, Yoda, Phasma, GS, Rey. Thanks for buffing them in this update. GS is now impossible to die behind the RG wall. Have fun bringing slow toons vs Rey, GS, Leia, while they hide behind RG. I tried that with medium speed tanky heroes (Kylo, Vader, Phasma vs Rey, GS, Daka, Dooku lead, RG team. RG died while i had left only kylo standing.

Can't talk about rg cos hes one of the toons i try not fight, but bring someone to take the taunt away like teebo or qgj? Also don't have plo so can't comment. But looking at that rg team it sounds poor, only 2 people can deal damage their really. Set up a team to kill them and you've won imo, that will probably mean bringing a taunt remover like teebo or qgj, if you haven't farmed them then its not the metas fault, you just don't have the calability to beat that team so ignore it. You have to know which teams you can beat with the toons you farmed, you won't be able to beat them all.

No hero had time to use their abilities when you were all dead after one round as before. Now defence up has an affect where it didnt use to, i have time to use ee revive twice now because it lasts long enough to cooldown.
  • Options
    If you chase the Meta you'll always be behind.
  • Algren
    306 posts Member
    Options
    Sir_Whooty wrote: »
    If you chase the Meta you'll always be behind.

There is no meta. I'm just worried that is so true that its gonna be too easy to beat the AI. I've not lost (though have drawn a few) since the update, and i keep dropping rank also. I'm worried with the longer battles human superiority is showing too much.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options

They said stronger, not deal more damage.
    Wrong:
    Speed will now be important in calibration of a character’s damage output. Generally speaking, faster acting characters will see a damage reduction and slower characters will see an increase.
  • Algren
    306 posts Member
    Options
    Well i took a punt :,) don't ask me why they lied then, that is very odd..

I hope that doesn't cheapen my other points that i thought were quite good. :,)
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    It appears no one cares about weak heroes like stormtrooper, because no one farmed them. I guess I made a huge mistake by giving them a chance. Well...lesson learned. Time to max my gs and resume my rg lvling. As someone else wrote before "op heroes wont get nerfed because dev fear the backlash of people because 90% have them." But I'll be soon joining them too with "rg and gs are balanced" threads and whine if they ever rightfull nerf them. Sadly this is how forums work.
  • Algren
    306 posts Member
    Options
    It appears no one cares about weak heroes like stormtrooper, because no one farmed them. I guess I made a huge mistake by giving them a chance. Well...lesson learned. Time to max my gs and resume my rg lvling. As someone else wrote before "op heroes wont get nerfed because dev fear the backlash of people because 90% have them." But I'll be soon joining them too with "rg and gs are balanced" threads and whine if they ever rightfull nerf them. Sadly this is how forums work.

Come now, chasing the meta isn't the way to go. I don't have gs or rg, i didnt chase yoda (though have him 5*). Do what works for YOU. ST is an empire toon, make yourself an empire squad? Don't make a team that follows the meta, make one that beats it, then instead of being everyone else, you're better than everyone else.

If ST is poor as you say, then you took a gamble and it didnt pay off. I have 6* boba, 7* eeth, lumi, biggs and more that i don't use, i leveled them up in the hope they'd be useful for me, some (my ewoks) payed off, others didnt. Balance doesn't mean that EVERY toon is as good as the other, and any 5 toons can beat anyone else. It means different teams can beat each other, and MOST toons can be of use IN THE RIGHT SQUADS. GL with your team building, build a team not a toon.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options

Come now, chasing the meta isn't the way to go. I don't have gs or rg, i didnt chase yoda (though have him 5*). Do what works for YOU. ST is an empire toon, make yourself an empire squad? Don't make a team that follows the meta, make one that beats it, then instead of being everyone else, you're better than everyone else.

If ST is poor as you say, then you took a gamble and it didnt pay off. I have 6* boba, 7* eeth, lumi, biggs and more that i don't use, i leveled them up in the hope they'd be useful for me, some (my ewoks) payed off, others didnt. Balance doesn't mean that EVERY toon is as good as the other, and any 5 toons can beat anyone else. It means different teams can beat each other, and MOST toons can be of use IN THE RIGHT SQUADS. GL with your team building, build a team not a toon.

I made empire team and I have to replace st for st han.... I thought you checked the abilities on both on my top post..and how stormtrooper is a weakened copy paste of st han.
  • Options
    speed should only determine the order of which characters attack (like every other turn based game), not how many times they attack to the point of them attacking before another character has a chance to do their turn. but nope, the devs showed they dont have the "smarts" to make a game correctly.

i used to play this game quite a bit each day (more than any other mobile game) but recently my playtime has been dropping rapidly. pretty sure i will end up deleting it, just like the walking dead road to survival
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

I am not lying to you...you are going to have some surprises. GS isn't what he was, Rey is alone up there now and as far as RG goes, he is undeniably good, he does his job well. But the zero damage he makes will cost you. There's already teams forming in my shard that i can't beat, at least not yet, tried 3 times against one, some have GS some don't, none have RG. Which is troubling to me!