Galactic War almost impossible now

Prev13
I completed 49/50 before this update but now with the new protection update it's almost impossible. My protections are gone by the 1st or 2nd fight and every team I face has full protection. Plus Dooku's leader skill is useless in GW. I'll go thru 2-3 full battles without dodging a single hit.

Replies

• Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Options
    Vary up your lineup, use tanks, honestly its not that much different from before other than added time.
  • Options
    While Protection has undoubtably made things needlessly difficult in other areas as many can attest, it has made Galactic War all but insurmountable.

This is because you inevitably lose your squads Protection relatively early from attrition, and it gets worse the further you progress. Soon enough, you are facing enemies with their own Protection buffs, in most cases entire teams who not only have their full range of abilities to call on but now have a distinct advantage as your teams Protection will now be all but gone.

At this point, multiple casualties are inevitable as you are simply at too much of a disadvantage no matter how smart you play or how powerful your team might be. And it only gets worse with every new stage, making a full completion of Galactic War all but impossible.

Please listen to your playerbase and reconsider the Health and especially the Protection change, it has only regressed the game instead of advancing it.
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Options
    No. It's not.
  • Options
    Agreed
  • AceCV
    995 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    If you finish before you probably will finish now but you'll need more toons from your roster and apply more strategy.....and yes....takes more time than before...like other stuff because protetion is a delay in killing the opponents.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Not only is it not impossible, it's easier, except for possibly at the very high level.
    The problem is that people are doing it wrong. Going to write a miniguide later.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Hard to say it's impossible when I beat it twice now after the update in the same amount of time, and my squad power is over 30k.
  • Algren
    306 posts Member
    Options
    Lol, so apparently all us who won it today did the impossible. Which according to a poll on here was 78% of people. I like the sound of that. Its not impossible, its hard. If you can't do it work on your toons or your strategy. Or ask for guidance. Failure is the first step to success my friend.
  • Pelle
    20 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Finished at the 7th battle. I have 15 toons 6* or higher. Before the update i could beat the GW with right tactic.

EDIT: It's fine to provide your feedback, but please do so without foul language. -EA_Jesse
    Post edited by EA_Jesse on
  • Options
    I am most disappointed about this. It's not about switching up squad when you are mid game and have limited players. I used to be able to get to about 8-9th node everyday easily. But now I bearly finished 4th node with my top squad. Very frustrating and not fun
  • AceCV
    995 posts Member
    Options
    Is possible.

If you finish before you probably will finish now but you'll need more toons from your roster and apply more strategy.....and yes....takes more time than before...like other stuff because protetion is a delay in killing the opponents.
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Options

I could see that being frustrating, I have a close friend who is mid game going through same issues I am almost level 74 and a diverse squad being FTP. At a certain point GW will become easier and its really only to get credits fast.
    I am most disappointed about this. It's not about switching up squad when you are mid game and have limited players. I used to be able to get to about 8-9th node everyday easily. But now I bearly finished 4th node with my top squad. Very frustrating and not fun

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I am 9 nodes in. Every character is full health. I've only used 9 different ones, those have protection gone, the others still have protection.
    This is not as hard as people say it is.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    GW is like everything else now, it's all about strategy. The key is longevity there. Make sure you have 2 or 3 healers going and have a strong backup team or suicide squad ready at the right times. Not having a problem with it myself but it isn't auto complete like before and I like it that way.
  • Algren
    306 posts Member
    Options
    Use more healers and revivers?

I run a speed jedi squad with 2 healers up to the first node where one dies, as soon as they die i retreat and start the node again with a new squad which includes daka and ee. I can generally get this squad all the way or at least to the last 2, then if this dies (i let this team die) i use jedi squad again, if that dies i have a final droid squad. Multiple "A-teams" (not an a team and a b team and a c team), healers and revivers are what you need. And of course throwing some low level cannon fodd at the really hard nodes if needed, but i didnt today.
  • Options
    This assumes you only have one team to complete GW with. My main team of Barris/Rey/Dooku/Lumi/Geo plowed through easily today, following a Phasma/FOTP/RG/IG86/JC team that got as far as node 7 before getting wiped out.

Each new team I field is a new team with full protection so it's actually a bit easier now, just takes a bit longer to whittle through the protection.

I have 19 toons that are GW viable (level 60+, gear 7+) and I don't see myself having to burn through them anytime soon.

Ultimately GW completion depends on having a deep bench and some level of skill, coupled with some deft retreat manipulation. I don't think it's fair to say that GW has become impossible or close to that.
  • Options
    There's difficult and then there's needlessly and ridiculously difficult. As soon as your team Protection is down and you start facing geared teams, you have an entire extra health bar to burn thru while they can simply carve away at your teams health from the start.

Furthermore, I always managed to beat Galactic War with 1 or 2 losses if I played right. Now I am losing 2-3 on one singular fight because of the Protection advantage. I shouldn't be forced to waste shards for multiple tank characters to soak damage when I could do it by playing smart before the health/Protection change. It's too high a skill jump and needlessly difficult for players who may not have as many players as some others who have played longer.
  • Options
    I couldn't beat GW regularly until I had Barris lead. Only 4* as well. Once you do that and have a backup team of all 7* it becomes pretty easy. Also Ewok Elder has been a miracle. So basically 4 months of farming should do the trick.
  • Options
    I use an all Jedi team and I auto all the way usually with zero casualties, I use Barris leader, Qui Gon, Lumi, yoda and Ashoka, I use to struggle before but ever since I started with this set up I'm unstoppable in GW :)
  • ThewhiteonE
    658 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    You're doing something wrong...

My team:
    Node 1 - 6
    Lumi (L)
    QGJ
    JC
    Sid
    GS

Node 7 - 12
    Dooku (L)
    Lumi
    QGJ
    GS
    JC / RG (swap out once or twice)

Done 2 days in a row with no issues. Royal Gaurd is not essential at all, I use it if needed in regards to maybe keeping JC alive for one more round but after 1 round he's done for anyway. You can use any toon actually, RG is just my safety score.

If you are lower than max lvl (lvl70-) then of my experiences it's going to be difficult. The enemy squads I think fall into a bracket (I.e. 1 - 5, 55 - 70) around your current lvl, sadly if you haven't hit cap it's going to be a bit tough due to not having a diverse squad or even max gear, max Heros. But I promise, it gets easier once you cap out. You can save & actually focus on Heros you want instead of need.

The new update has given you something beautiful... The ability to actually refresh your skills on the last 1 or 2 Heros. If you aren't refreshing your skills at that time, you're attacking the wrong Heros first.
  • Algren
    306 posts Member
    Options
    Seraph217 wrote: »
    There's difficult and then there's needlessly and ridiculously difficult. As soon as your team Protection is down and you start facing geared teams, you have an entire extra health bar to burn thru while they can simply carve away at your teams health from the start.

Furthermore, I always managed to beat Galactic War with 1 or 2 losses if I played right. Now I am losing 2-3 on one singular fight because of the Protection advantage. I shouldn't be forced to waste shards for multiple tank characters to soak damage when I could do it by playing smart before the health/Protection change. It's too high a skill jump and needlessly difficult for players who may not have as many players as some others who have played longer.

Whats the point of playing for a long time and getting lots of characters if you want everything to be easy enough for new people with hardly any characters to beat it? :,)

Simply put I'm f2p, i beat it with no losses. Therefore it can be beat IF you do it right. It takes skill, don't just expect to be able to do it easy and thats that, you gotta learn how to beat it, thats what makes these things fun when you can easily beat them. Heck i never won the thing till 3 months into playing the game! I thought getting to the last 4 was fantastic :,) Now I've won it 100 times in a row. I don't know where this attitude of it sucks cos i can't beat it comes from, but its sympomatic of our culture. If you can't beat it, work at it till you can.
  • Options
    Yeah if anything GW is easier than ever.

I can usually do it losing none or one characters.

Lumi (lead)
    JC
    Sid
    Dooku
    GS
  • Options
    Interesting. She's the only 1 of the Jedi I don't have because every time I've gone against her as a leader in the arena I seem to beat the team easily
  • Options
    PBure10 wrote: »
    Interesting. She's the only 1 of the Jedi I don't have because every time I've gone against her as a leader in the arena I seem to beat the team easily

Bariss is crap tier. Anyone who runs her, lead or not, are wasting their time
  • Options
    I didn't finish my first GW post update, but got to last node. Second time around I finished and didn't use all of my characters. There are adjustments to be made for those of us that don't run full 7* maxed gear, level 74 teams. But you can adjust. I personally shifted from an offensive approach to a healer approach and that has proved effective. And it may be just a wild observation, but Jedi in general appear to be effective in GW now with protection.
  • Options
    It takes longer, but it feels easier. I'm up to node 11 with the same 5 toons - Barriss (L), Lumi, Consular, QGJ, and GS.
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Not only is it not impossible, it's easier, except for possibly at the very high level.
    The problem is that people are doing it wrong. Going to write a miniguide later.

+1

Realized GW was fine without protection, making healers more useful early on, and then it's easier to reset cooldowns because we hit the opponent longer.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • scuba
    14058 posts Member
    Options
    Agueybana wrote: »
    I use an all Jedi team and I auto all the way usually with zero casualties, I use Barris leader, Qui Gon, Lumi, yoda and Ashoka, I use to struggle before but ever since I started with this set up I'm unstoppable in GW :)

Careful Murphy might get yeah. ;)
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    Options
    For mature servers GW is basically the same, only 1) It's slower and 2) You can't waste as much time resetting timers early on as you used to. For young servers GW is really hard now because you've got no roster depth.
  • Options
    Yesterday I completed it losing only 1 character today I lost none. Barriss and Lumi keep everyone alive, especially since the AI doesn't focus attack on 1 character.