in order to compensate for this mess of an update...

han
2 posts Member
as well as mitigate & placate all the dissenters, EA should give us a free character or something. or have us choose one free character from five to have [like give 5 choices and we can pick one .. fives princess leia aayla daka etc) lol :p (instead of giving us all that gear yesterday that we dont even need)

Replies

• Options
    No they shouldn't.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    I needed that gear badly.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    I neede it too B)
  • Options
    They gave us stuff.... stop asking for more
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options

The only thing they really 'gave' us is 250 crystals. Which honestly they should do now and then just to show appreciation for loyal players who've spent money on it.

The other stuff was things we should have gotten if we were able to complete the impossible challenges that the screwed up on.
  • Options
    fudgra wrote: »

The only thing they really 'gave' us is 250 crystals. Which honestly they should do now and then just to show appreciation for loyal players who've spent money on it.

The other stuff was things we should have gotten if we were able to complete the impossible challenges that the screwed up on.

Really? You could have done every single tier in the challenges?
  • Ace5
    134 posts Member
    Options
    How about they get rid of protection and just boost health pools and that would fix arena and gw and make tanks and healers viable .... Not too complicated
  • Options
    Healers are still viable.... how many teams have 2 heals still
  • Options

People used to just run 1 healer. Now we have to run two because health is so small now you heal 1 turn and it's gone the next.
  • Options

People used to just run 1 healer. Now we have to run two because health is so small now you heal 1 turn and it's gone the next.

Oh no you have to change toons
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Be careful - your entitlement is showing. ;)

They do give you free stuff. Every. Freaking. Day. More than you are even requesting.

Look in your in-game in box. Now click on "DAILY LOGIN REWARDS" - add that up. Tell you what, since most people on these forums are apparently used to getting a trophy for showing up and aren't used to doing anything without it being handed to them, here it is:

For April (incidentally, this is basically the same every month):
    425,000 credits
    11 3* training droids
    1,375 ally points (5 free bronzium pulls...on top of the 5 free ones you get every day)
    30 shards for the hero of the month and...wait for it...
    300 crystals.

TA-DA! Your trophy for showing up.
    That's on top of your daily activities - which add on a bunch more stuff. So a rewards for daily activities AND a reward just for logging in. And people still complain.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum. :#
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

They do give you free stuff. Every. Freaking. Day. More than you are even requesting.

Look in your in-game in box. Now click on "DAILY LOGIN REWARDS" - add that up. Tell you what, since most people on these forums are apparently used to getting a trophy for showing up and aren't used to doing anything without it being handed to them, here it is:

425,000 credits
    11 3* training droids
    1,375 ally points (5 free bronzium pulls...on top of the 5 free ones you get every day)
    300 crystals.

That's on top of your daily activities - which add on a bunch more stuff. So a rewards for daily activities AND a reward just for logging in. And people still complain.

+1
  • Options

425,000 credits
    11 3* training droids
    300 crystals.

This is perfection. Well said.
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    Options

They gave you everything from every tier of the challenge - which you could not have gotten otherwise. Some of the lower tiers offer gear that you need to level new toons that you would otherwise have to waste energy on farming them.

After retooling and a lot of frustration, I was able to complete all of the challenges at the highest tier.

Simply put: they could have just retooled the challenges and gave you nothing. Or they could have done nothing at all. Say 'thank you' and move along. Stop demanding even more.
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • scuba
    14068 posts Member
    Options

You get 5 Hairdryers each time you complete the challenge? Lucky you I only manage 2 or 3 EA H time.

How about all the mk4 laptops which were more than you would have gotten if you did complete the challenges.

OP IMO this was excellent compensation and, above anything I would have expect, for the problems that players were having with the difficulty change with the the challenges, I did say challenges not the entire update. I would have expected a couple crystals and a figure it out or we may revert changes to challenges in a couple days.

They reverted back and gave you every possible reward and if it hadn't reset yet you could go back and do the challenges and still get rewards like normal.

• Options

+100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,0000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
  • Options
    Lots of us needed the gear they gave us, and they were the best and most gear we could have possibly got from the challenge. 250 crystals was also great, be grateful!
  • Options

Stop spreading FUD. Health is unchanged, they have only changed how it shows, and damage is reduced, which means larger effective health.
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options

Character health hasn't changed. When will the masses realize that?
  • scuba
    14068 posts Member
    Options
    Yogi wrote: »

When the next change to bars happen.
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    Options

Except that if you actually look at the forum posts, most people recommend running 2 healers for GW, and have done so for months. Though now I would recommend running just Lumi until your prot runs out.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options
    han wrote: »
    as well as mitigate & placate all the dissenters, EA should give us a free character or something. or have us choose one free character from five to have [like give 5 choices and we can pick one .. fives princess leia aayla daka etc) lol :p (instead of giving us all that gear yesterday that we dont even need)

Closed the thread, if you are not happy contact EA customer service
  • Options
    Yogi wrote: »

But but but I only see 4 bars. It's difficult for me to figure out that when one of those 4 bars are gone that my character is at 3/4 health. When there is a half a bar missing I have to start doing math in my head and there are fractions and stuff involved. When there is only like 1/4 of a bar missing my brain explodes!

• Options
    Diraan wrote: »

Except that if you actually look at the forum posts, most people recommend running 2 healers for GW, and have done so for months. Though now I would recommend running just Lumi until your prot runs out.

I beg to differ. Don't run Lumi until your protection runs out. Assuming you have a better attacker to swap in...
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    Options
    Diraan wrote: »

I beg to differ. Don't run Lumi until your protection runs out. Assuming you have a better attacker to swap in...

I find that her dodge chance when paired with Dooku's lead, plus her ability block makes her a pretty good choice still. Though I'll probably sub in Rey when I finish her off.
  • Options

425,000 credits
    11 3* training droids
    300 crystals.

Don't get confused. They don't give away anything for free. The only ones giving things away for "free" are the players that pay dollars. Being able to get items is just part of the game. Who'd play Micraft if they sold them by the block, and timed you to cutting 3 trees per day and laying out one wall per week.i nothing, absolutely nothing here is free, it requires a lot of time (most precious currency ever), or money.
  • Options

425,000 credits
    11 3* training droids
    300 crystals.

Posts like this one make me wish we had a like button. Forum handlers! Get on that friggen like button! We deserve it!!