Light side tank for campaign

I'm struggling to find an obtainable tank that's good for light side campaign progression. I have chewy but he's obviously not that great. Do I keep working him up, get someone new, or proceed without a tank? I need to get further so I can get gear 7s. I'm a f2p player. I just buy crystals for cantina and energy refreshes.

Replies

• Monxie
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Proceed without a tank but have healers.
  • Options
    I donto have barris but I do have a good lumi and a decent jc
  • Monxie
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Lumi and JC should be enough. Just make sure you don't use Lumi's heal in the end of fights, it's better to use it early on in next fight then since it's healing over time.
  • Options
    I'm still farming some better light side shards too. I went hard on GS Dooku and Sid. Thanks for the advice
  • Magisto
    384 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Mace has been working for me. No taunt, but yeah
  • FuriousFrog
    118 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    You don't really need a tank for LS battles because you have so many healers to choose from. If you decide to use a tank, Old Ben is a great choice because he can hit all the enemies with ability block and offense down. However, Old Ben doesn't have a taunt. If you're looking for a tank with taunt for LS battles, Chewie is probably your best choice. He only taunts for 1 turn and he heals himself so he should live through the entire battle. Your other choices for an LS tank with taunt are Poe or ST Han. Neither one is a good choice for LS missions because they generally die when they taunt. It's great for arena battles because they can protect your attackers long enough to give you an advantage, but it's bad for PvE because they'll die before the end and you won't 3* the battle. If you can borrow Poe or Han from an ally, that might work because you can still 3* a battle if your ally character dies as long as all of your toons stay alive.

Barriss has tank level health and a powerful heal, so she's a good choice if you're struggling with LS battles. She's also very helpful for GW. I'd suggest farming her before you farm an LS tank.
  • Options
    I just hit 50. I'm running a 4* QGJ and Lumi. Then a 3* JC and Jawa. Then I just have a 3* Lobot. Should I save up for an ahsoka from cantina? Rey is still too far away
  • Options
    As @FuriousFrog said, you don't really need a tank (as in a taunting tank, if it doesn't have taunt, it's not a taunt in my book). Chewie can even be problematic by drawing all the fire in a long fight, as the damage doesn't get spread enough and you have to waste heals on a single target.

For now, I'd get qgj from the cantina and max him out, maybe with a small stop to unlock daka for the dark side battles and one of the challenges. Unless something changes, he's too good to pass up. Ahsoka seems pretty good, and Fives is another good option, maybe even better depending on the rest of the team. At your level, with your team you're probably ok with any of those.

I remember a couple missions in particular around that level that were very difficult due to grenade spam, but you could get through it by grabbing a Kenobi from an ally (heals only weren't enough). You can also take Kenobi from the cantina battles at your level, so it might be another good option to not depend on allies having him.
  • Options
    For me, light aside was easiest to complete. I have 3* on all open battles. My team was

Mace(L)
    JC
    JKG
    Poe
    Chewie (low level)

Lol, guess I used almost all tanks. However, prior to lvl 4 or 5 I used

Mace, JC, Chewie, Jawa and Biggs. At the time they were lvl 45-60 I think.

I really love mace, is is by far my fav tank, cause he is a bit of an attacker too.

I hear if you build up Chewie, and his abilities he is pretty good. I currently have him at lvl 60, VII gear and 4's for abilities.