What are you finding that works?

Timitock
2844 posts Member
I am having a rough time figuring out the arena now.
Anyone want to share what is working for them?

All of my top toons are Jedi, and they feel MUCH weaker...

Replies

• Options
    St han and daka rocking for me, not much use to you though
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Do you have Yoda? I am finding that while he doesn't hit as hard, because he last longer he really has fun with all of his abilities. You don't have to use battle meditation right away. You can steal buffs - and give your teammates all kinds of nice presents! :)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, ST Han is making life harder...
  • Options
    Still using Jedi here, not having any real problems with them. I've been experimenting with Yoda lead, works great against heavy debuff teams. I've been using mace. Since patch. His expose wrecks protection. Also have been throwing old Ben into the mix. I'm just experimenting and having fun right now. I do put Qgj in lead when I feel it's necessary. He's better for when you leave for defense. Not dropping the ranks much differently.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Just tried Eeth Koth lead and was shocked how effective +60 Defense was...
  • Options
    Just managed 2nd in arena for 1st time so pretty happy about that.

Id strongly suggest using a taunting tank to absorb the damage. Bit like mmorpg games tank, healer and 3 DPS required. Pick your fights carefully and it's more strategic now so no need to blaze all your specials first round

Which jedi are you using?
    @Timitock
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    Just tried Eeth Koth lead and was shocked how effective +60 Defense was...

Nice, I don't have his lead that far up have been thinking of leveling it. The team I left on defense last night was Qgj (L) Yoda Old Ben Mace and Ahsoka. Ben is only 5 stars. I was surprised to be at 9th this morning. Usually I drop a bit further. There might be enough hp and annoyance in this team I was getting ignored. Not sure.

I am looking forward to being able to farm Ima-Gun Di in cantina.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    My mix includes:
    Yoda 6*/73/G9, Snips 6*/73/G8, Eeth 7*/73/G8, Lumi 7*/73/G8, QGJ 7*/73/G8, Barriss 7*/73/G8, Ani 5*/73/G7, Plo 5*/73/G7, Mace 4*/73/G7, IGD 4*/60/G6, Ben 4*/50/G5

Have been experimenting
  • Options
    My go-to Arena team at the moment is Phasma (L), Kylo Ren, Rey, QGJ, Lumi. All 7 star level 74 except Rey who is 6 star with three shards to go to 7. I can make it all the way to Rank 1 but usually get beat back down to the teens or twenties by payout time.
  • Options
    My mix includes:
    Yoda 6*/73/G9, Snips 6*/73/G8, Eeth 7*/73/G8, Lumi 7*/73/G8, QGJ 7*/73/G8, Barriss 7*/73/G8, Ani 5*/73/G7, Plo 5*/73/G7, Mace 4*/73/G7, IGD 4*/60/G6, Ben 4*/50/G5

Have been experimenting

Definitely need a tank to help you out imo. Plus I'd start to consider farming some non jedi as people like sid eat them for breakfast but some nice toons in there
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    Sid isn't a problem at all.
  • Options
    Lumi, Rey, Phasma(L), Tie Pilot, Poe. Seems to keep me climbing and I'm lacking 5 stars in that mix. Not lacking levels or ability levels.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    After further testing, I am not as worried as I was.
    Barriss has some juice now, Qui-Gon still has legs, Ahsoka is more useful, Eeth has purpose, Lumi fills her role, Yoda still works...

I am excited to bring my others up to fighting weight, to see if they are viable.

Droids just might be the paper to Jedi's rock...
  • scuba
    14185 posts Member
    Options
    Asajj (L), Daka, RG, Rey, QGJ.
  • Options
    Speed and evasion seem to be the top of the food chain. Still have yet to see anything as good as Dooku or QGJ. Fact is, the longer the battles take, the more decisive speed and evasion become. More attacks or more dodges just add up over time.

As a small sidenote, Phasma has returned in small numbers but from my experience playing those teams, she's still inferior to the big two.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, my QGJ(L) seems to be working the same as always, and I am going to leave in Lumi on Defense to see how she goes. It would be really nice to know who is winning on Defense.
  • Options
    Level 75.
    1. Maxed out Rex (leader)
    2. Maxed out fives
    3. Maxed out Kylo or Phasma
    4. 6* Rey weapons, gear maxed.
    5. 6* RG weapons, gear maxed.
  • Options
    I am having a rough time figuring out the arena now.
    Anyone want to share what is working for them?

All of my top toons are Jedi, and they feel MUCH weaker...

QGJ lead, Ahsoka, Yoda, Lum, Eeth are still holding their weight in Arena. On offence at least
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    Lumi (lead), QGJ, ST Han, Ewok Elder, Daka

I can climb into top 10, but unfortunately this team sucks at defense. I have tried putting Phasma in for QGJ to make it more of a true TM manipulation team. But too many in my arena have a taunter, thus I need QGJ to snack them down.

I imagine there have been plenty of people who timeout at 5 min because EE and Daka are bringing everyone back to life.
  • Ciel_6
    178 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, ST Han is making life harder...

Yep. With my particular lineup, I've found that if QGJ misses with humbling blow, it's just better to retreat to avoid the humiliation of total and utter defeat.
  • Options
    Sid isn't a problem at all.

Exactly, that guy left the room a lot of time ago.
  • Ciel_6
    178 posts Member
    Options
    Are you amenable to a Dooku lead?
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Ciel_6 wrote: »
    Are you amenable to a Dooku lead?

I have the option of 3 Jedi that can replace him as leader, so probably not.
    Also, refer to my post on this subject- Dooku lead is actually horrible strategy.
  • DevTore
    174 posts Member
    Options
    I love playing my furball team in early GW (they arent high enough yet for arena).
    Chirpa(L), teebo, scout, elder, chewie.

St Han would be better, but he's no furball. Anyway, they rock past teams up to 6 levels higher than them.
    "No Hassle" guild, for those who want star wars, not drama wars!
  • Woodmz
    12 posts Member
    Options
    I used 5*ST Han and 7*Phasma combo long before the Advantage update and still beat out the squads that were many times more powerful. I've been #1 during Payout ever since I got Han geared up enough for 5*. It's all about the Turn Meter. Before, there was only one other guy who used ST Han. Now a lot of people on my server stole my team composition, with some mirroring my exact squad.
  • Options
    My current arena team is:

Phasma 7* (L)
    Lumi 7*
    QGJ 6*
    GS 6*
    RG 5*

Generally works quite well for a FTP team, though eventually I'd like to swap Lumi out for Daka. The combination of 3 natural assist callers (plus Phasma's lead ability on top) with 2 toons that stun will be pretty nasty.

I still think QGJ is excellent, even moreso now with everyone starting to use RG. His dispel makes RG's auto taunt easy to deal with, and actually almost a liability for the defending team as you can get free offense up quite often. The way it usually goes for me is that I'll nuke a toon in round 1 to get RG's taunt to go off. When QGJ's turn comes around again I'll dispel the taunt and get offense up, and follow that with Victory March on Phasma's next turn. The combination of the two is downright nasty, especially since after Victory March goes out both QGJ's and GS's assist calls are going to be off cooldown.

Oddly enough, so far I feel that healing is even less important in arena than it used to be (at least for the team I run). Running with RG before the update, I'd often wind up healing on Lumi's first turn as by then it was likely that a couple of toons had taken some serious damage. But now I don't find myself healing as much, and that stuns are actually much more important.

Even though the game slowing down should have meant healing would be more critical, the fact that you can't restore protection through healing does the opposite. Even if the AI decides to focus one of my toons or gets lucky with RNG in the opening round, as soon as RG taunts I know I've got a lot of breathing room as it will take a while yet before his protection is gone. And since outcomes of matches are still pretty much decided in the first round or two even with the game slowing down, it means that by the time enough health is gone for a heal to be needed, I already know that I've won.

So yeah, swapping her out for Daka seems like it could be a major upgrade, though there will be a significant DPS loss (I do love a Victory March-buffed Force Blast). Only thing that annoys me is how useless Sid seems to have become, and I wish I hadn't farmed him first in arena shipments. With healing seeming to be less important, both his debuff and self-heal have been really marginalized. I don't think there's any question now that Phasma is a far superior leader to him.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    I held out with a half-health Yoda today vs 3 fully protected adversaries. Yoda finally lost, but it came down to the last swing, and a timely Dodge. Foresight forever plus TM every Dodge is awesome. When it was 2 v 1, Yoda literally went after each of them every round.

I am also having success with an Ahsoka lead, and really hope Old Ben gets fixed soon, after seeing her results. Her TM is lightyears better than Lumi's HoT. My ideal lineup for her is Yoda, Old Ben, Luminara and QGJ, but I have considered adding Daka and/or Ventress to the mix.

QGJ led Jedi is still very reliable on Offense, and fair on Defense. Having the first few moves can still be very powerful.

Barriss lead is still a massive target on Defense, but on Offense is more capable than I expected.

Testing Eeth has proved inconclusive. More testing is required.

Goodbye Speed meta, hello Evasion meta.