Defense is still not effective (with evidence)

either defense is still not working as intended or defense is still a useless stat because the damage it protects againsts is very minimal

1uVtnp6.jpg
in this picture, han is leader and since his health is above 50% he snould have +30 defense. He takes 1642 damage.

AJxwyST.jpg
here han is below 50% health so he loses the +30 defense. He takes 1713 damage.

so is the difference between 30 defense only around 70 damage? This difference could most likely be based on rng too!

it applies to the defense down debuffs too.

WgmGSR0.jpg
here we see phasma attacking the middle droid and doing 2518 damage.

5wmbKQC.jpg
here we see phasma attacking the middle droid with defense down. She does 2448 damage.

how is it that with defense down, phasma is doing LESS damage? Again I account it to rng but shouldn't defense do much more than what it is doing here?

I know armor and resistance has made some improvement but can defense become more important as well?

Thanks for reading this long post.

Replies

• Options
    Proof!

I think there is a normal variation of +/- 5% damage on attacks based off data mining sites. So this difference is well within the alleged 5%. Def has no difference on here.... Guh.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    Fantazy wrote: »
    Proof!

I think there is a normal variation of +/- 5% damage on attacks based off data mining sites. So this difference is well within the alleged 5%. Def has no difference on here.... Guh.

its kind of frustrating because alot of characters have defense up or defense down capabilities that are basically useless
  • Options
    Compared to armor ratings of characters a +30 isn't that much(my FOST has like a 190+40 while others fall in the low 100's), so I wouldnt expect it to be large of a boost.

But yeah RNG most likely.

When it comes to science though you have to test test test. Can't just go off the first run.
  • Options
    Using defense up on my squad via RG and FOST has shown me some good results though..
  • Options
    C00L_Story wrote: »
    Using defense up on my squad via RG and FOST has shown me some good results though..

well royal guard gains health up when he does his ability which is very effective. does his defense up improve everyone though?
  • Options
    So basically Eeth Koth lead is garbage :(
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with Defense.
    So basically Eeth Koth lead is garbage :(

I use Eeth is the first rounds of GW to mitigate Protection loss, then swap in Barriss when it is gone. I really like an Eeth lead with a borrowed IGD.
  • Options
    That's why they cobjobed Advantage :(
  • Options
    Is it possible that defense increases the chances of resisting an attack rather than reduce the damage caused by an attack? For example when a toon takes a hit he can take the hit or resist the hit and take on partial damage or he can outright dodge or deflect the hit and take on zero damage