Team Synergy

Please take this as constructive and not just being ****. I see where you're trying to take the game and I think it's a good direction, just giving some feedback for consideration.

As your team continues to develop the game, I think one thing that needs some help is "Team Synergy." For example, the "Rebels" have good synergy between characters like Ackbar, Biggs, etc. However, if you look at what's happening in the game, players aren't building teams this way. They are taking the highest damage dealers with one or two big tanks and just blasting away at the other team. Unfortunately that is more effective than having a true team synergy, which is disappointing. From what I can tell, the game developers tried to build synergy within a team and that was likely the intention of how this game should be played but it's not happening that way; that's not Star Wars. Star Wars was / is the Rebels vs. Empire, Jedi vs. Sith, Scoundrels vs. everbody, etc. Pre-patch I ran a almost full Jedi squad, used a non-Jedi tank for a taunt (Jedi seriously need a taunt), and it was effective. I had good synergy between characters and the damage was reasonable enough to be competitive. Post-patch, that is not the case; team synergy can not overcome taking the best toon from various places, mashing them together into a 5-man squad and rolling with it.

I think having some kind of added bonus to team synergy would be very effective. For instance, if you have 4 of 5 Rebels, they get "x" additional value and that value is something that's significant enough to entice using a full squad versus random characters like Dooku, GS, IG86, Daka, and Rey that have nothing to do with each other in the Star Wars universe.

Something for consideration, best regards. - J

Replies

• Options
    I spent a lot of time over the weekend playing and trying some different things. It's very clear to me that there is no way to build a squad based on a team synergy (e.g. Rebels, Jedi) and that the only way to play is to mish-mash players together that have NOTHING to do with each other. This game IS NOT Star Wars, it's random troop team-up.
  • Options
    I agree, team synergy would be awesome to have, it would add a nice level of complexity to it. Better than even more different battle and campaign options. Not just because it would be more like Star Wars Universe, it would give the game more intelligence, more surprises. You could even consider to add extra challenges, where just a few team's can win - because of their team synergies - others, who just put together a high star quad, won't. It will also boost communication, because player will likely share their experiences and secrets.
  • Options
    LeSirque wrote: »
    I agree, team synergy would be awesome to have, it would add a nice level of complexity to it. Better than even more different battle and campaign options. Not just because it would be more like Star Wars Universe, it would give the game more intelligence, more surprises. You could even consider to add extra challenges, where just a few team's can win - because of their team synergies - others, who just put together a high star quad, won't. It will also boost communication, because player will likely share their experiences and secrets.

It's fine for people to mish-mash players together for a "best" team but true team synergies are not viable for people that want to be competitive. Some kind of added bonus to make true teams more viable should be added somehow. Maybe even a tiered system where for example...

Rebel Team bonus
    3 of 5 get 10% armor penetration
    4 of 5 get 15% armor penetration
    5 of 5 get 15% armor penetration and 10% turn meter

Just an example, but something like that maybe.
  • Options
    I agree with these ideas. The ewoks seem to work well together. But a fifth is needed. Can't remember if there are five or four empire toons. Only two Jawa. I love the Jawa. I would love a team of five Jawa.