Massive Yoda/Rex problem, "Tenacity Up" not working as intended?

2Next

Replies

• Duckoo
    279 posts Member
    Options
    I actually had my humbling blow resisted by savagr. Which was weird.
  • Options
    reizse wrote: »
    bm is still useful to ward off dooku and daka stuns as well as 5's and phasma's slows. that's why I still use yoda

On my server, except for Droid teams /which don`t require tenacity up to beat - of course it can help but there are better skills to use there first by my opinion/ , everyone one else is runing QI+Dooku teams
    darkensoul wrote: »
    You should be able to dispel resistance buffs
    dkredsox wrote: »
    Apostilo wrote: »
    dkredsox wrote: »
    Update: Mace can remove the Tenacity Buff as well, just tried in GW.

This is heartbreaking news :( if it works as intended ... Yoda has become totaly useless , low HP, Low Damage, No tenacity up available before you kill Qui ... oh wait probably you have to kill some RG first ... no masterstroke available vs dooku+Qui teams /cos Dooku counter will harm you badly /most ikely stunn you/ ... so Yoda remains with 2 skills to use against 99 % of the teams out there ... and the damage of those is ... barris level..

@Apostilo Yoda is still very useful... In a player's hands. His basic still does great damage, and foresight extends his HP/Protection dramatically. He is incredible for me when attacking in arena and is an essential toon in the new GW. I feel that using him in arena makes me an easier target though, since he's a **** in the hands of the AI.

His basic do great damage ? Compared to who? Barris?
    His foresight is only available when the enemy is over half hp.
    But as i mentioned in other posts when i started farm him and invested more than 15 milion credits and 2 months time i signed in for a great anti-dooku, anti Qui character with 4 great skills and great damage. Now i suddenly got 2 awesome skills with average damage output /which is less than all other 2-3 milion cost charcters out there on the arena with 2-3 awesome skills with great damage output/ ..
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

There are 2 issues here though

1) Yoda's tenacity buff had never worked that way before.
    2) That was a major "selling point" for Yoda - who is different from every other hero, in that, to obtain him, you needed to farm, gear and level 5 Jedi.

They already nerfed his attacks - making him a liability against certain teams (and weakening his utilty against all) would be ridiculous for a heri that takes 5 times the time /money /resources to get.

Honestly, if this isn't fixed, it will be worse than the Barris debacle.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    This is simply ridiculous.

You create an event for a special character that takes months to complete.

Then you nerf his damage by over 30% and nerf his only utility worth mentioning.

This has to be a cruel joke. What EA has done to Yoda is worse than the NCE for SWG. This is one of the largest debacles in gaming history.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    This is simply ridiculous.

You create an event for a special character that takes months to complete.

Then you nerf his damage by over 30% and nerf his only utility worth mentioning.

This has to be a cruel joke. What EA has done to Yoda is worse than the NCE for SWG. This is one of the largest debacles in gaming history.

Only if they don't fix it.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    Old_Tallen wrote: »
    Every effect should have a counter.

I believe the counter argument to your 'argument' is that the counter to dispels was Tenacity Up. I know that I, and I assume many others, used a well-timed Squad Discipline or Battle Meditation to "cover" a tank's taunt with dispel immunity.

The problem with statements such as every effect should have a counter is that it actually can be interpreted both ways. Currently dispels have no counter (unless you argue that running 0 buffs, a true feat with level 80 toons) is their counter. But I thought that Tenacity (Leadership, Buffs) was the counter to dispels (and debuffs).

Ability block hard counters dispel.

Stun hard counters dispel.

Stealth counters dispel, kinda.

Everything should have a counter.

Also in case of qgj, foresight is a counter to dispel as for other abilities which actually have to hit to take effect. And for nerfs--> over 80% of toons got nerfed dmg-wise which means some mechanics have changed and for example yoda was a fun utility toon to use for me and still is. Just love to look at the screen when he shares 6-8 buffs and the screen turns green ;)

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Every effect should have a counter.

I believe the counter argument to your 'argument' is that the counter to dispels was Tenacity Up. I know that I, and I assume many others, used a well-timed Squad Discipline or Battle Meditation to "cover" a tank's taunt with dispel immunity.

The problem with statements such as every effect should have a counter is that it actually can be interpreted both ways. Currently dispels have no counter (unless you argue that running 0 buffs, a true feat with level 80 toons) is their counter. But I thought that Tenacity (Leadership, Buffs) was the counter to dispels (and debuffs).

Ability block hard counters dispel.

Stun hard counters dispel.

Stealth counters dispel, kinda.

Everything should have a counter.

Also in case of qgj, foresight is a counter to dispel as for other abilities which actually have to hit to take effect. And for nerfs--> over 80% of toons got nerfed dmg-wise which means some mechanics have changed and for example yoda was a fun utility toon to use for me and still is. Just love to look at the screen when he shares 6-8 buffs and the screen turns green ;)

And then Ventress wipes them all...

• M9silent
    821 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Well, I really hope it's a bug, and that it gets fixed fast. That really hurts Yoda as a viable hero. To have BM tenacity up, along with all the buffs he may pass, dispelled is pretty bad. 99,999% tenacity should resist everything, as the devs have already stated.

@CG_JohnSalera @CG_RyDiggs @CG_Method
    @EA_Jesse
    Not trying to bother you guys, just trying to highlight the thread so you can see it :)
    Post edited by M9silent on
  • Options
    This needs to be addressed ASAP.

Is this a bug or was this intended? If this was intended Yoda is now one of the worst toons in the game.
  • Options

Is this a bug or was this intended? If this was intended Yoda is now one of the worst toons in the game.

I agree. This does need to be addressed, and soon. If it's a bug, it needs fixing. If it's intended, than that's awful. Yoda would be even worse
  • Options
    M9silent wrote: »

I agree. This does need to be addressed, and soon. If it's a bug, it needs fixing. If it's intended, than that's awful. Yoda would be even worse

BM has a really long CD and doesn't even last that long, it was just temporary protection, and what do they do? Screw it up. Genius.
  • Options
    This is a pretty big issue. I would love it if we could get an answer from a dev or something in here. Both Rex and Yoda are affected by this. 1 is a chromium exclusive and Yoda is incredibly hard to obtain, more so than an exclusive (have to farm and gear 5 Jedi, then beat him which is hard).
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

There are 2 issues here though

1) Yoda's tenacity buff had never worked that way before.
    2) That was a major "selling point" for Yoda - who is different from every other hero, in that, to obtain him, you needed to farm, gear and level 5 Jedi.

They already nerfed his attacks - making him a liability against certain teams (and weakening his utilty against all) would be ridiculous for a heri that takes 5 times the time /money /resources to get.

Honestly, if this isn't fixed, it will be worse than the Barris debacle.

Indeed. It does seem to be a trend that they release an elite char, getting everyone exciting, and later tuning them down. It's probably a bug tho.