Expose not interacting with protection correctly

gig4ls
38 posts Member
Noticed the following strange behavior in GW today. Wanted confirmation of whether this was intended or not:
Hitting an exposed Dooku while he has his protection partially filled does not grant the correct amount of damage to his health bar.
Scenario: Exposed Dooku has half a gauge of protection left. Phasma hits him with a basic attack and does regular damage with no bonus from the expose debuff, resulting is removing the remaining protection and dealing slight health damage.
Explanation: I suspect this is because the damage happens to the protection bar first, then overflow goes to the health bar; however, expose does not overflow, so expose ends up dealing 20% of the remaining protection bar only and not 20% of the sum of the remaining protection bar and full health bar (or even 20% of just the full health bar). It is also possible that expose is intended to not deal the 20% to the protection bar, in which case the bug is that expose is not doing any damage to health bar when Phasma's basic attack would completely deplete Dooku's protection bar and partially deplete his health. I do not know if this happens with other characters under any other circumstances.

Replies

• Options
    Protection SHOULD NOT protect from Expose.

The 20% should be done straight to health, even if you have protection up. It's not damage, it's the removal of 20% of your max health. I don't see how the ability can be implemented consistently unless you can do a single point of damage to protection while removing 20% health.

Of course, then the health can be healed even though the protection bar is still up, so there are some times when a player on offense might want the Expose to simply grant bonus damage = 20% max health so that they can rip through the protection (which can't healed)...but that's how the game is played.
  • gig4ls
    38 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for your thoughts. If Expose should function in the way you describe, it is still not functioning correctly, as any damage to health (as was the case in my scenario) should trigger expose, correct?
  • Options
    Yep. I agree. Not functioning correctly.

I was just talking about how it should work after the fix.