Which Protection idea would you like for GW?

Jopa_Tice
160 posts Member
edited April 2016

Which Protection idea would you like for GW? 59 votes

Each battle Protection is completely replenished, but health carries over.
45%
cosmicturtle333Sticare_Courts_0073fberbertbenacrowSmithieEricsonXinfectiouszombieRiggsinatorEleiemWildGruntEricKToonnyLaLiamGoaT1221JesseDavionThunderGhostSpiderHunterXJDWololoMaximusDangerous 27 votes
No Protection used in GW battles. (Health bars only)
54%
AdamWArctrooperdano7591KrokovichJsnazzKAULIEl_DuderinoSavageopJedi_of_Ozkickn4funAltoon33QuigonlivesSpaceCowboyPotatoManTock82Big_BossBaldursscReal_PernaSjollypbjKobi 32 votes

Replies

• LarGe
    113 posts Member
    Options
    Where is the option for keep it the way it is currently?
  • Options
    Personally I don't find a benefit to have protection for 1-2 battles on your characters. The remaining battles on GW the AI teams are stronger, and continue to have protection, while you lost yours. Advantage goes to AI.

I am in a higher tier and start facing lvl 70+ teams around battle 3 or sometimes 4.
  • Options
    I enjoy the one we have.
  • LarGe
    113 posts Member
    Options
    It your poll and all but you're being disingenuous by not including a valid option just because you don't agree with it.

I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to hitting the wall of 70+ hard and fast. It's still not an issue. GW is supposed to be an act of contrition. It supposed to test your entire roster.

Just about every change the devs team has made in this game is because of the whining and complaining of the player base. This it what you all wished for.

I'm adapting and beating this game anyway.
  • Jopa_Tice
    160 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I agree, I am working on other toons as well. I am top heavy with about 12 Toons, but they are a mix and maybe their synergies are not completely compatible for GW.

My light and dark toons

image.png

image.png

Suggestions?
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Options
    With the right team you could really abuse protection regenerating on your team and rarely ever suffer damage. Would make GW too easy, would be a joke.

I would prefer if we just didnt have protection at all, takes away the feeling.
  • LarGe
    113 posts Member
    Options
    Would have to see your roster, but I'd suggest toons that have "neutral" synergy. Not toons that have jedi only synergy when you need a LS tank (ST Han).

These games are meant to be tedious affairs so you'll spend money to advance quicker. Grind toons, grind gear, grind credits.

Maybe join one of the Guilds people are building in anticipation for the next update. I know my guild is still recruiting.
  • Options
    LarGe wrote: »
    Would have to see your roster, but I'd suggest toons that have "neutral" synergy. Not toons that have jedi only synergy when you need a LS tank (ST Han).

These games are meant to be tedious affairs so you'll spend money to advance quicker. Grind toons, grind gear, grind credits.

Maybe join one of the Guilds people are building in anticipation for the next update. I know my guild is still recruiting.

I edited my post with my light and dark top characters
  • Homish
    65 posts Member
    Options
    I think it's fine the way it is.
  • LarGe
    113 posts Member
    Options
    Daka and qgj are immediately noticed as not maxed.
  • Options
    Thanks, I will check out the thread. Daka and QGJ have been neglected because of Yoda event. Tano was an easy and better future 7* and is going o replace JKG. The characters I want the most are in Cantina shipments.
  • LarGe
    113 posts Member
    Options
    Qgj and daka are both MUCH better than tano
  • Options
    I think protection should be refilled every battle but health recovery should be removed, requiring you to heal your team up yourself (forcing more diversity and strategy with teams) but giving you a shield buffer to do so.
  • Options
    AdamW wrote: »
    With the right team you could really abuse protection regenerating on your team and rarely ever suffer damage. Would make GW too easy, would be a joke.

I would prefer if we just didnt have protection at all, takes away the feeling.

I agree. I at least want some challenge
  • Options
    I actually posted on this and got 0 comments. I think my post was hidden lol.
  • Options
    I actually support somebody's idea of refilling protection if a toon remains benched for an entire battle. Maybe 1 "chunk" at a time to mitigate the effect.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options

+1
  • El_Duderino
    413 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm more discouraged not by the difficulty increase but by the time increase. It now takes 45-60 minutes to compete instead of 25-30. I'm
    Finding myself just autoing a few and then forgetting about it until tomorrow. I think all the other changes are fine but if anything turns me off to the game it will be this added time sink.

A third option for me would be, keep protection the way it is, bring the number of battles down to 9, and increase the rewards to compensate.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    If any change a minor 25% regen of protection on bench characters.

Also terrible poll.

People also need to realize that protection on the last 2 chars you fight means you can cool down all your specials for the next battle. So everyone you can go QG assist, GS assist, Lumi ability block, Phasma victory march on your first turn.
  • Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    If any change a minor 25% regen of protection on bench characters.

I kinda like this idea.
  • Options

In the toilet where it belongs. Because it is complete ****.
  • Options
    Love the feedback and ideas, hope the Developers take a look and possibly tweak the GW.
  • Options
    keep it the way it is currently
  • LarGe
    113 posts Member
    Options

In the toilet where it belongs. Because it is complete ****.

LOL
  • Options
    Keep it as it is needs to be an option
  • Options
    I finished about 5 battles in GW, and called it quits today. I have my 400 tokens to upgrade my character I'm working on, then I'm done with GW until they change it back.

I understand that they want attrition, and to play different charachters, but this was a bad implementation.
  • Options
    kickn4fun wrote: »
    I finished about 5 battles in GW, and called it quits today. I have my 400 tokens to upgrade my character I'm working on, then I'm done with GW until they change it back.

I understand that they want attrition, and to play different charachters, but this was a bad implementation.

Right now I am in the same boat. just trying to get enough for my shards.
  • Options
    Well with a deeper bench; it could be beneficial to stick in toons that have full protection left down the road just for a couple battles. My Barriss wasn't needed today until around the 9th battle... she is only g6 and it made me realize if I had her at g7, she would have been a ton better for what I needed her for. So it is interesting I guess and it does make for a bigger "war plan" and not just individual "battle plans"
  • Options
    The more we talk about it, I feel that you DO need a bigger bench, and you need to swap characters for better match-ups. It's no longer a majority of team A, then team B to the end.

As long as the updates don't come too fast, I think overall we will adjust and have fun developing the other characters. It's a marketing tool for the P2P and a challenge for the F2P people.