ST Han - what am I doing wrong?

I am not finding this character as useful as everyone else. Is it because I am not using him as leader? He gets crushed in arena and only lasts through one, maybe two tough battles in GW. Mine is 7 star, gear level 8 (can't upgrade bc I didn't precraft and the needed gear is not yet available). First two abilities are level 7, leader is level 6, fourth ability is maxed. Suggestions are welcome--if he is as good as everyone is saying I would love to incorporate him into my arena team.

Replies

• reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    Han isn't great in gw. in arena it's a different story as you want him to get hit
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    In GW I find taunters to be more of a problem than a help. They centralize the damage you take, which only barris can heal efficiently, instead of distributing that damage among more toons, that every healer can help heal.

In the arena, I haven't tried it yet, still farming, but I fear teams that use sthan more than almost any other. Giving so much TM all over the place can give you quite a headache, especially if you run stuff like daka, rg or dooku, that deal little damage. They might be forced to hit han enabling the rest of the team to hit you. You probably shouldn't use him against pure dps teams, though (such as droid teams). He will die in a couple hits, giving little to no turn meter and not helping much. Take advantage of the fact that you can see your opponent's team, and prepare better for it.
  • Suppenkasper
    36 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Run him with RG at his side. If he drops at 50% RG jumps in with his taunt. Han's ability should give your toons enough TM tweak to heal him or resurrect him with Daka.
    Edit: i don't use him as leader. I use Phasma.
  • Options
    Hannah is an arena god
  • Options
    Tanks like STH or Poe are only useful in GW as a one-time use, against a particularly tricky squad.
  • Options
    Your other characters have to match the right speed profile to benefit from Han's abilities in Arena.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    As already said, toons with taunt aren't super useful in GW except to get you past a tough late round match.

They are made for arena where you expect them to be defeated so that your other toons can do damage. They basically fall into two categories - damage eaters (RG and Chewie) and helpers (Han and Poe). Han dies quickly but should live long enough for you to get a couple free turns, maybe even a round or two if paired with a healer who can let him live longer
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    Han dies quickly but should live long enough for you to get a couple free turns, maybe even a round or two if paired with a healer who can let him live longer

Actually with the update, Han really does well. He survives long enough to grant lots of turn meter boosts. He survives more often than not in arena now. I think he benefited most from the update.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Han and RG together are amazing, Han taunts giving everyone turn meter and RG gains turn meter after every turn an ally takes damage so you can start stunning all of your opponent's DPS with constant turn meter effects making Han last longer and letting your DPS focus fire and picking off the enemy. If Han ever dies it's after I've taken out 3-4 toons and the match is over. Plus now that Dooku was nerfed you can pick him off with your Han slowly to give everyone +40% turn meter each double counter.
  • Options
    I use Han almost every battle to win GW. Pair him with Bariss and a speedster.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I would argue Han and RG are terrible on defense in arena. You focus down a toon until RG taunts, then Han taunts as well. You attack RG until QGs second term and remove Hans taunt. RG allows you to effectively skip Hans taunt until it's removed.

You have effectively killed Hans usefulness in one shot.

Han on offense great as long as you play around QG. Han on defense not good.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    I would argue Han and RG are terrible on defense in arena. You focus down a toon until RG taunts, then Han taunts as well. You attack RG until QGs second term and remove Hans taunt. RG allows you to effectively skip Hans taunt until it's removed.

Yes but now that you've used your dispel on Han you're stuck trying to take out 40k HP of my RG and having to wait for slow RG to go and make his taunt go away while my three fast DPS and Han are free to fire at will. Han's role on D isn't to give me turn meter but to make you waste your dispel or choose who you want to use it on.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Sorry double post. Please delete.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »

Yes but now that you've used your dispel on Han you're stuck trying to take out 40k HP of my RG and having to wait for slow RG to go and make his taunt go away while my three fast DPS and Han are free to fire at will. Han's role on D isn't to give me turn meter but to make you waste your dispel or choose who you want to use it on.

But you only have 3 DPS to beat up my 40k RG, I have 4 to beat up yours
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    But I still have my QGJ dispel to stop RG taunt long enough to kill one of yours, if the AI was smart enough to attack the same one that was under 50% haha