Maybe this Update was the wrong direction?

CPMP
974 posts Member
edited April 2016
The No.1 reason for CG to release this balance/protection update, was to address the one shots. So i've been thinking :
How many heroes can actually one shot? 3-4? What about the rest of them? Anyway...
So in order to fix this they go and :
  1. Add a new mechanic to game (protection)
  2. Nerf everyone, even the slow, low damage heroes
  3. Change light/dark/cantina battles
  4. Change/Ruin(?) GW
  5. Change challenges and change them again
  6. Change armor, defense mechanic, which also forced them to change Advantage, which also forced them to change almost all first order heroes (and ruin FOTP)
  7. Introduce new bugs into play

Am i the only one that finds this a HUGE and pointless waste of time and resources? If one-shots was the reason behind this update, why they didn't just nerf the 3-4 heroes that were doing the one shotting?

On a sidenote. Today i faced a Poe Poggle droid team. Poe exposed as usual, Poggle then buffed offence to everyone and GS called ig88 assist and proceed to one shot my exposed Ventress? So they didn't even succeed in that. My Ventress is 73lvl, 7* and VIII. I wish i would have captured it on video.

Replies

• Options
    It's not the matter of how many characters can one shot, is how many characters can be taken out by one attack, which is what lead to the lack of diversity in team making.

As for GW, there was a poll earlier that shows many people are actually finishing GW. Of course that information might be skewed and not representative of the population, but people are finishing them. Personally the fights take longer, but difficulty did not improve as much as many on these forums anticipated.

The change in armor and defense is absolutely necessary. It's an important statistic of the game that wasn't performing up to standard. (Also partly responsible for characters being one shotted)
  • Options
    I feel they should have taken things one step at a time. Maybe defense and health raised significantly alone would have been enough. If not they could see what works and what doesn't and proceed a little at a time from there. A lot of what I see right now, is certain underwhelming characters are even less viable, and powerful characters even more necessary. Most of the top leaders on my server are either dooku and phasma lead teams, though I can't say for sure that won't change with time.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    It's not the matter of how many characters can one shot, is how many characters can be taken out by one attack, which is what lead to the lack of diversity in team making.

As for GW, there was a poll earlier that shows many people are actually finishing GW. Of course that information might be skewed and not representative of the population, but people are finishing them. Personally the fights take longer, but difficulty did not improve as much as many on these forums anticipated.

The change in armor and defense is absolutely necessary. It's an important statistic of the game that wasn't performing up to standard. (Also partly responsible for characters being one shotted)

I don't see how adding protection to every hero (including rg) can solve the one shotting problem and not create another. Now the low dmg toons suffer greatly by this. Ofc the heroes that did the one shotting, for example rey or gs, wont have problem killing someone like rg. And even though they wont be one shotting anymore (which still happens) they can bring others to the verge of death, just so their next hero attack can finish the job. I didnt run a meta team pre update, but i had an average speed team that was doing more than fine (rank 14 best without refreshes). With this update now, I see the balance turned to worse. It's still too early to judge, but I ve aready faced some teams that are virtually unbeatable now. And it stops being a matter of strategy when you start the fight with 4v5 and with half your heroes ability blocked. (Im referring to gs droid teams)
    Also about GW, I havo no problem clearing it with the right combination of evasion, stun and retreats. But maybe thats because im 74 lvl and I meet mostly lowbie teams.