GW strategy or tips?

Prev1
Ely
161 posts Member
I have tried a few things for galactic war and I just end up getting stuck. Anyone that hasn't had a hard time with GW, do you just use one team the entire time?

Replies

• BamBam
    280 posts Member
    Options
    A couple of tips. First, don't use healers for the first 6 matches. They'll lose protection and you wont need them until your other teams loses their protection. Second, if you come up to a difficult team and you cant beat them, then: switch up your team, switch your leader, or switch up the order of your team. If that doesn't work then put in your weakest 5 characters to burn the special moves of the enemy. That usually can get you passed a node. Lastly, dont let yourself lose a character until at least the last three battles. If you lose a person, restart it and rework it until you can get through without yours dying.

If you are having trouble getting through a node, just take a step back from GW. You have 48 hours to beat GW before you need to restart it so work on your characters to get them stronger.
  • Options
    Mainly one team the entire time. However I generally have about 18 level 70+ characters to draw from. I always like characters that can stun as that takes those characters out of the fight for the most part. Plus knowing who to go after first and last helps.
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help!

Does the protection really regenerate if they don't lose all of it? It doesn't seem that way to me.
  • BamBam
    280 posts Member
    Options
    Regenerates about as much as health does. That's right, health regenerates ever so slightly. xD
  • Options
    I do exactly what BamBam suggested, although I may use a non-main healer early on just to prolong my secondary team's ability to progress. I also use the lower nodes to experiment; I've been running a Jedi team with 6* star Yoda, and I've been doing well. This preserves my heavy hitters until I need them.
  • Options
    BamBam wrote: »
    A couple of tips. First, don't use healers for the first 6 matches. They'll lose protection and you wont need them until your other teams loses their protection. Second, if you come up to a difficult team and you cant beat them, then: switch up your team, switch your leader, or switch up the order of your team. If that doesn't work then put in your weakest 5 characters to burn the special moves of the enemy. That usually can get you passed a node. Lastly, dont let yourself lose a character until at least the last three battles. If you lose a person, restart it and rework it until you can get through without yours dying.

If you are having trouble getting through a node, just take a step back from GW. You have 48 hours to beat GW before you need to restart it so work on your characters to get them stronger.

Very well said .
  • K4RN4G3
    12 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I just completed GW by running my secondary team first (poggle droids) and as deep as I could go.
    This saved my mains shields for my first 70+ encounter and ensured all my heals were up.
    When it became obvious I would wipe I sent in a suicide squad to soak enemy abilities and gain advantage for my main.
    Having a good taunter late was helpful so save them for your last fights.
    Was very time consuming.
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    Options
    My heavy hitters are/were mostly Jedi. I have a 7* Yoda. I used to use my qgj, gs, yoda, luminara, and jc the whole way through. I used to know who to kill first based on the team I was using before, now I'm a little uncertain. I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually lol
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Options
    I run either {2 healer|2 DPS| 1 support} or {3 healer|2DPS}. The specific 5 changes to suit the opponent.

Protection goes away pretty quick, but with healers you don't have to rely on it.

Best advice I can give you in GW is to use retreat. Don't lose key toons. It's better to redo a fight than stall your entire GW for the day.

Run your weaker toons on early nodes and change your squad up as you go, that'll save you a little protection for later.
  • Options
    I used this team, and only started to have troublesome teams halfway through. Yoda was for sure my MVP. I didn't complete the GW, but I did get to the last node.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Ely wrote: »
    My heavy hitters are/were mostly Jedi. I have a 7* Yoda. I used to use my qgj, gs, yoda, luminara, and jc the whole way through. I used to know who to kill first based on the team I was using before, now I'm a little uncertain. I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually lol

The same things seem to work, for the most part.
    They doubled attrition and halved heals, so its harder, but reasonable, I hope.
    Until you cap, you are swimming upstream with the rest of us.
    GJ on 7* Yoda, I need the Event once more for mine.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    My strategy.
    Barris/jc/Lumi/ventriss and dooku or Sid or savage. Depends on fight
  • Options
    I didn't use Yoda before the update, so I can't comment on any changes, but I have to say he's been my MVP early on as well. He's only 6* and level 54 and I can keep him alive well past the first six battles with the rest of my Jedi team. Very pleased with him.
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Options
    I would sub in Phasma for Eeth.
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    The same things seem to work, for the most part.
    They doubled attrition and halved heals, so its harder, but reasonable, I hope.
    Until you cap, you are swimming upstream with the rest of us.
    GJ on 7* Yoda, I need the Event once more for mine.

The Yoda event was fun! G'luck. I did mine with lumi as lead and avoiding anything that Yoda could resist. Maybe, I should just try again with the old team.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    It really depends on who you have available.

I'm running
    QG
    Phasma
    GS
    Lumi
    Rey/RP/RG. Rey / RP early RG last 6

Every battle with RG went
    QG assist
    GS assist
    Lumi - Force blast. -- someone is dead
    RG - stun
    Phas - victory march
    Lumi heals

After this the enemy is down to 3 and you just mop up and cool down.
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    It really depends on who you have available.

I'm running
    QG
    Phasma
    GS
    Lumi
    Rey/RP/RG. Rey / RP early RG last 6

Every battle with RG went
    QG assist
    GS assist
    Lumi - Force blast. -- someone is dead
    RG - stun
    Phas - victory march
    Lumi heals

After this the enemy is down to 3 and you just mop up and cool down.

What level are you?
  • Options
    I find trying different leaders work the best for me. I mainly use either bariss, han, or yoda. Han works best for me against phasma.
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Captainrrl wrote: »
    I find trying different leaders work the best for me. I mainly use either bariss, han, or yoda. Han works best for me against phasma.

I don't have barris or Han leveled up much. I think my Han is lvl 5. I keep getting his shards but I don't have the credits for him yet. I've been working on Rey
  • Wololo
    28 posts Member
    Options
    I'm lvl 70

Lumi leader
    Sid
    JC
    QGJ
    GS

Complete without lost a single guy

Heal is the trick.
  • Options
    I have experimented running a B team through as far as I could take them. Turns out that team is more like an A- instead of a B.

A team is generic:
    Lumi lead
    NS initiate
    Ventress
    Sidious
    JC

But last 2 days I've been running:
    Ahsoka lead
    Daka
    NS initiate
    Ventress
    Talia or Lumi or Acolyte (depending on who i am facing)

Now I'm totally stumped as to what my real A team is.

But I digress: main point is to start playing around with your toon lineups after the update. It's almost like all of them are new and relearning the synergies is kinda fun and GW is perfect for it since you can retreat/abort until a team clicks
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Options
    Finished today using only the following:

QGJ 6*, G8, L68
    Lumi 7*, G8, L73
    ST Han 7*, G8, L73
    JC 6*, G8, L70
    Bariss 5*, G8, L70

Was not looking forward to GW post update, so decided to just auto through however far I got. Not my best team, but lots of healing and speed up, plus TM.

Made it to node 6 before losing Han, retreated and ran it on manual to node 9 without retreating again.

From 9-12, retreated a few times, switched positions to get a new RNG seed, and went on.

Might have taken a few minutes longer than normal, but sure didn't feel like Protection mattered at all.

Meh....it's not a strategy, probably wouldn't work tomorrow, but was my most interesting finish ever: one team, no one lost, and no suicide squads.
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Options
    It's all about healing now. The battles drag out enough that cooldowns tend to space out nicely with three healers. JC is already a fast healer with the low cooldown. The level 8 turn meter buff will make him able to heal very frequently.
  • Options
    Pfft. GW is easy. I beat mine 4 minutes after reset with only Clone Trooper and JKG.
  • Options
    I've completed it twice. But just started for third time. And I just can't be bothered. Maybe I will in a bit.....

The only thing I really care about is GW. I used to look forward to it every day. But trying to keep prot on key characters from battle to battle is so tedious. I think I may be joining others in stopping playing the game completely. Which is a shame as I'd been waiting for a decent Star Wars mobile game for ages...

Turukano

• Ely
    161 posts Member
    Options
    @BamBam after the six matches, do you then add one healer at a time?
  • Options
    K4RN4G3 wrote: »
    I just completed GW by running my secondary team first (poggle droids) and as deep as I could go.
    This saved my mains shields for my first 70+ encounter and ensured all my heals were up.
    When it became obvious I would wipe I sent in a suicide squad to soak enemy abilities and gain advantage for my main.
    Having a good taunter late was helpful so save them for your last fights.
    Was very time consuming.

I find this works well for me too.

Campaigns are gonna take longer; I don't do GW in a single burst anymore.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • Options
    Ely wrote: »
    I have tried a few things for galactic war and I just end up getting stuck. Anyone that hasn't had a hard time with GW, do you just use one team the entire time?

Use Barris as your lead, add luminara for the heal support. Don't bother looking at the protection, you don't need it. Retreat if you lose a character and try a different approach for that match. Once you have barris and lumi, it's very unlikely that noone in your team will ever die. Put in JC if you see your heal CDs aren't ready for the next battle if the opponent is using heavy hitting units (GS, rey, droids...)
  • BamBam
    280 posts Member
    Options
    @Ely
    There are different strategies. I've seen some people use three healers throughout the whole GW. That'd work but that strategy isnt trying to keep protection up, but rather keeping the battle longer and slowly picking away at your enemy.

I personally use Lumi throughout the whole GW as lead, because I like her heal and the dodge rate can be high these days. I can use her and lose her protection because I have two other level 74 healers (JC and Bariss) as my backup for my last few nodes if I need them.

But if you dont have that many healers, then definitely save them until you need them. 6 nodes isnt the magic number, but ratber just a goal ("dont use a healer until then"). If you can not use a healer until node 12 then bully for you, but if you need a healer for your entire strategy then make sure you preserve that persons protection and health.

When I use lumi I think at about node 3-5 does she lose all of her protection
  • Options
    I just completed it and it was challenging. I have 20 level 70 players at 6-7 stars and I had a hard time beating it.

11th match I played against a level 76 fully started and geared Fives with double shot on speed down. Gladly I had Daka, Ventress and Eeth Koth left. Got multiple stuns on Fives and managed to kill him.

Last match I had a ST Han and Old Ben combi with Geo Soldier, Daka and Greedo. First I send in some level 1 toons to work around their abilities. My first team killed three leaving only Ben and Greedo. Than Savage at yellow bar and Kylo Ren finished the job. That were my last two 70+ toons...