Replies

• Options
    And the point is?
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    Did you thought Meta would change?
  • Options
    I don't get it either. Apart from being on a whale free server what's the point of the picture?
  • Motoko
    92 posts Member
    Options
    I think op is looking for some ego stroking.

Gz on your first top 5 finish.
  • Options
    My server is dooku, dooku, dooku, dooku, dooku, dooku, dooku,... Some QGJ, few Poggle, and then again dooku, dooku, dooku,...
    But the meta has changed :|
    Now instead of 2 minutes of dodging we have 5.
    Great job EA!
  • Options
    Doesnt matter the leader. If you dont have RG you have no chance of being top 10.
  • Options
    Doesnt matter the leader. If you dont have RG you have no chance of being top 10.

+1
  • Options

I don't have him on my squad because i'm missing some key characters i'm working on for my new squad that synergize wonderfully with RG, I still am top 3 when it matters (during that prize claiming time :smile: )
  • Options
    Two on my server in top 5 without RG. I'm not one of them. RG has been on my team since I started being competitive.

It doesn't surprise me theirs tons of Dooku still. People poured a lot of time and energy into him. Probably many people's best option for leader spot.

Personally, I dropped him for QGJ in the old meta. Then I dropped QGJ for Phasma in this current one. My Dooku has fallen behind since I stopped farming and dedicating resources to him.
  • Options

Rank #1 yesterday with phasma(l), qcj, daka, han, gs

Two days ago made #3 with my han leading as I was experimenting wirh new teams.
  • Options
    tEsp8Dy.png

No no no, you did it all wrong.

You're supposed to wait until you are #1, then come to the forum telling us how you did it all while being F2P. THEN people will give you kudos, a parade, and tell you how big your "insert genitalia name here" is.
  • Options
    I don't think anyone that's been number 1 is totally F2P lol. They've spent. At least some. I know I spent when I started. It's been awhile since I've forked over money, with the exception of the Ewok thing.

If you never spend anything I don't see how you can avoid just simply being outpaced in the long (or not so long) run. Spenders will have more crystals that will grant more refreshes which means more farming ls/ds, more levels, more ability mats in cantina. And much faster than a free to play.

And that's fine. Enjoy your game as you see fit.
  • Eleiem
    334 posts Member
    Options
    I don't run him and been top2 over the last month and half :v

BTW, my shard is beginning to move away from the Dooku lead.
  • Options

Not true, I don't use RG and currently am sitting at #10 and rarely get pushed past 20. RG is tough yes, annoying to face yes, a beast in all sense of the word yes. But not 100% necessary. :)
  • ubn87
    314 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

BeskM5y.jpg

That is a false statement. And our 1 in this picture is just a placeholder. He will be #3-5 closer to 7pm today.

• Merula
    68 posts Member
    Options

Han works as well. I'm top 10 with Sid(L), Lumi, Han, Leia, GS.
  • Wololo
    28 posts Member
    Options
    No RG here. Top 5~10 every day
  • Options

@John_Matrix1985 lmao. Not true at all. I have taken #1 probably 50 of the last 60 days...some days I am not able to get my last battles in right before 7pm. I also rarely refresh. Maybe 2-3 refreshes total in that time. My RG is 4* and I don't use him in arena. Late December shard with plenty of whales having 7* maxed Mauls, Leias, Rex, etc.
  • Options
    I don't think anyone that's been number 1 is totally F2P lol. They've spent. At least some. I know I spent when I started. It's been awhile since I've forked over money, with the exception of the Ewok thing.

If you never spend anything I don't see how you can avoid just simply being outpaced in the long (or not so long) run. Spenders will have more crystals that will grant more refreshes which means more farming ls/ds, more levels, more ability mats in cantina. And much faster than a free to play.

I am totally FTP and number 1 in a december server...
  • Options
    GiranKenor wrote: »
    My server is dooku, dooku, dooku, dooku, dooku, dooku, dooku,... Some QGJ, few Poggle, and then again dooku, dooku, dooku,...
    But the meta has changed :|
    Now instead of 2 minutes of dodging we have 5.
    Great job EA!

HAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    @John_Matrix1985

I'm #3

My Team

Dooku
    Savage
    GS
    Phasma
    Poe

no RG what?
  • Options

I am totally FTP and number 1 in a december server...

Well congrats on that then. It must be difficult unless there's a lack of whales. Drop rates being what they are just seems the odds are stacked towards slow progress.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Being F2P does not immediately mean you have no crystals, also, don't assume there are no f2p in your top 10, it's really quite easy to get there with 50 gems.
    Im in a quiet timezone, i usually sit at #1 for around 6 hours between Europeans going to sleep and Americans starting to move up, it's a really easy 500 gems. Yesterday I dropped from 1 to 6 in 16 hours.
    I really don't think if you are a good enough strategist you'll drop in ranks. I currently don't use Dooku, rg, Qg or gs and I perform the same as others with these toons.
    Spending money just makes people think they are better off, in reality i've never bought anything and I have around 4k crystals right now.
    {RotE}
  • Onetime7979
    1012 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    true ^ Its Doable to be top 10 with out RG and being F2P.....i have been Top 20 for a few months being F2P my Roaster is not massive but is respectable to beable to keep up for now.
  • Options

From what I've heard (I can't snipe, I'm either at work or leaving to go home at payout time), if you manage to get to the top 5 one or two days (by spending something like the 250 crystals we got a couple days ago), it turns more into a sniping thing than a spending thing. And you get 500 crystals every day you make it to n1. That covers way more than all the arena expenses for the next day.

The poe meta was full with farmable characters (droid team + poe, arena, gw and cantina). The dooku meta the same (dooku, lumi/daka/now rg, qgj, gs, the last slot for rey could be changed for another char and still get high effectiveness). The droid teams although not so good as the others, still do great and are always present in the top 10-20 in my shard. Then the "speed" teams with qgj... again f2p farmable (the hardest again, rey and rg, which can be replaced by others if you can snipe)

Having a good selection of good f2p characters, especially as of today in older shards, makes it acceptably easy to make it to the top if you can afford the sniping for a few days. I'm currently sitting at 700 crystals, ending top 50 every day since a few weeks. Just can't snipe :( Also, if you started in a new server after knowing how the game worked, you could snipe the first positions since the first days and get an insane amount of crystals from the very beginning that could put you even ahead of some spenders.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options

I was number one as a total FTP. Then I bought EEok elder so I'm no $7TP. Still number 1

The key to keep up was picking the right toons and a January as opposed to launch start. You needed to farm GS, get QG out of ship, Lumi and RP/86 out of GW, and Sid out of arena. With that team all the way up you could be top 50 so you got over 200 crystals a day. Provided you could always do your 50/50 and 100 cantina you had enough gear to hear your team all the way up to purple and your rate of shard accumulation was the same for GW and arena. The only area you fell behind was level (about 10 by the time the spenders reached 70) as even if a spender is dumping 200 gems into Cantina it only makes them 50% faster so you were only ever 1 star behind.

Once you reach cap and can get to number 1 the 400-500 crystals a day you get easily provide enough that spenders gains in power are marginal. Spenders have more diverse teams and can react to change faster.

This brings me to why the meta hasn't changed yet. FTPs 7 star guys are still better than the 5 star alternatives. Even P2Ps previous meta teams are better geared than what might be the new meta teams and gear level = health/proc right now.

As alternatives get geared up and everyone gets to gear IX I think the meta opens up. For FTP its 1-2 months before these new charactors can make an impact. I'm starting fives in hopes he's good. In a month he'll be close to 6 stars and useable.

So there really is a 1 month lag between game changes and Leaderboard changes.
  • Options
    Ascansio owns #1. You should feel lucky he allows others to occupy it for a time.

And no, you don't need RG to be #1.
  • Options

I've been 5 or 6 days (not in a row) #1 without spending anything so it is clearly doable. Recently, I bought the Ewok Elder pack so I can no longer categorize myself as totally f2p however so I'm not putting there my stats after the sale.

Point is, with all due respect, you are wrong.
  • Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »

I was number one as a total FTP. Then I bought EEok elder so I'm no $7TP. Still number 1

The key to keep up was picking the right toons and a January as opposed to launch start. You needed to farm GS, get QG out of ship, Lumi and RP/86 out of GW, and Sid out of arena. With that team all the way up you could be top 50 so you got over 200 crystals a day. Provided you could always do your 50/50 and 100 cantina you had enough gear to hear your team all the way up to purple and your rate of shard accumulation was the same for GW and arena. The only area you fell behind was level (about 10 by the time the spenders reached 70) as even if a spender is dumping 200 gems into Cantina it only makes them 50% faster so you were only ever 1 star behind.

Once you reach cap and can get to number 1 the 400-500 crystals a day you get easily provide enough that spenders gains in power are marginal. Spenders have more diverse teams and can react to change faster.

This brings me to why the meta hasn't changed yet. FTPs 7 star guys are still better than the 5 star alternatives. Even P2Ps previous meta teams are better geared than what might be the new meta teams and gear level = health/proc right now.

As alternatives get geared up and everyone gets to gear IX I think the meta opens up. For FTP its 1-2 months before these new charactors can make an impact. I'm starting fives in hopes he's good. In a month he'll be close to 6 stars and useable.

So there really is a 1 month lag between game changes and Leaderboard changes.

This... except for RG. My RG is beter at 4* than my Sid at 7*.