Is a jedi team viable with the new meta?

Gizmo_Fett
36 posts Member
edited April 2016
I was working in a jedi team and in a droid team, but the new patch appeared all of a sudden and they dont seem to be viable anymore (at least if u are ftp).

Jedis I have:

Yoda 7*
Lumi 7*
Ahsoka 7*
JC 7*
Barris 7*
Koth 7*
QGJ 6*
Mace Windu 6*

Droid team I was building:

Poggle 7* (L)
IG-86 7*
IG-88 7*
Poe 7*
Phasma 7*

What do u think, guys? Are this options still viable for a ftp player? Or does it worth to wait for the new cantina stage in order to farm RG and make a team with the new pvp op chars like him, fives or kylo?

Replies

• Olfbald
    106 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I run QGJ, Yoda, Ahsoka, Lumi and Han and I finish top 10.

*Edit* Finished 5 yesterday and fell to 22 over night. Amazing on offense, average on defense i'd say *edit*
  • Options
    Answer is no.

New Meta exploit a simple idea: you won't die, you might draw if you don't get hit. There are 2 ways in this game to not get hit: You either dodge or you disable. This leads to the supreme Meta for the coming month:

Dooku ( leader)
    Daka
    Royal Guard
    QGJ
    Whatever you prefer on 5th.

The 4 first ones have the highest synergy in all the game. Dooku can buff them up on dodge and his stupid leader skill applies to all toons no matter what group they belong too. Dooku can stun very often, ability lock too and his chances are heavy on Jedi. Daka can stun 1or 2 guys on her basic attack ( as a cherry on the cake she can rez and heal but it is not what is important ). And RG has heavy chances of stunning too. So what you have with those 3 is a lot of damage reduction from the leader skill and you will keep between 20-60% of the opponent team stunned at every turn. Understand that stun is the most powerful turn meter control, it's a double penalty as your opponent does not land damage and also lose more than 100% turn meter.

QGJ as a fourth brings assist for even more stuns and damage, but also a dispel in case you face a similar team as yours.

For the 5th you can play the clock with Fives and his absurd HP pool comparable to RG combined with counter and speed down.
    You can exploit terrible character design using Rey or RP with foresight always giving Dooku leader offence up.
    You can yoyo RG taunt using Asoka with her self healing bringing her above 50% heath often.
    Or another Assist like GS

but there is 4/5 characters almost mandatory. Worse than before update.

If you can't beat them, you can be part of them.

• Options
    DarthGozu wrote: »
    Answer is no.

New Meta exploit a simple idea: you won't die, you might draw if you don't get hit. There are 2 ways in this game to not get hit: You either dodge or you disable. This leads to the supreme Meta for the coming month:

Dooku ( leader)
    Daka
    Royal Guard
    QGJ
    Whatever you prefer on 5th.

The 4 first ones have the highest synergy in all the game. Dooku can buff them up on dodge and his stupid leader skill applies to all toons no matter what group they belong too. Dooku can stun very often, ability lock too and his chances are heavy on Jedi. Daka can stun 1or 2 guys on her basic attack ( as a cherry on the cake she can rez and heal but it is not what is important ). And RG has heavy chances of stunning too. So what you have with those 3 is a lot of damage reduction from the leader skill and you will keep between 20-60% of the opponent team stunned at every turn. Understand that stun is the most powerful turn meter control, it's a double penalty as your opponent does not land damage and also lose more than 100% turn meter.

QGJ as a fourth brings assist for even more stuns and damage, but also a dispel in case you face a similar team as yours.

For the 5th you can play the clock with Fives and his absurd HP pool comparable to RG combined with counter and speed down.
    You can exploit terrible character design using Rey or RP with foresight always giving Dooku leader offence up.
    You can yoyo RG taunt using Asoka with her self healing bringing her above 50% heath often.
    Or another Assist like GS

but there is 4/5 characters almost mandatory. Worse than before update.

If you can't beat them, you can be part of them.

That's what I was thinking. I'm truly disappointed with the update, gotta admit it
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Odd, on my shard (November shard), almost any 5 characters you throw together on offense can win. With protection the fights take an extra couple rounds, and the ai is so weak, almost any team can win. On defense, almost none. At least that has been my experience and I'm top 5 everyday, if not 1st.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Opusone wrote: »
    Odd, on my shard (November shard), almost any 5 characters you throw together on offense can win. With protection the fights take an extra couple rounds, and the ai is so weak, almost any team can win. On defense, almost none. At least that has been my experience and I'm top 5 everyday, if not 1st.

That being said, with no taunting Jedi, that can be problem for 100% Jedi team. You need a tank to pull damage while you get your debuts/stuns/buffs up and running