byebye Free2Play Games

Jamm
33 posts Member
A F2P is always caught between gathering a lot of bucks, thus giving the user some bang for the buck and being a flight from reality and stress, a short game of leisure. For a while Star Wars accomplished that for me, though its pretty subjective where you draw the line how much you want to be able to play before paying and how much you can play if you pay.

In the end it breaks down into how well a company is able to pull money out of your pockets and EA is still not doing great, which is a good thing. What I don't like is the constant change of meta in this game. You don't even need to change the balance and character values. At level 60 Leia was impressive, at level 70 not so much, but then Royal Guard became the best character in game. If this shifts, even just a tiny bit every now and then, the characters you invest time (and money) in may be useless in the future and had you known you would have gone for others.

This might be a good thing for some, as it may give you a satisfaction of playing the game for quite a long while, changing something here and there. At least it's a better concept than supercells "you need 3 weeks to upgrade content 1 from 100" and if users buy themselves that time, they just add more content on top.

Why I just deleted the game is the time factor though. I really don't understand how people can say Galactic War is taking them the same time as before. Before it took me between 20 and 25 minutes, I skipped most challenges (except gold and abilty materials), simed through battles to get shards for rey, royal guard and ima gun di, and didn't complete arena every day as I thought that was too time consuming at times.

Now you get more shards for the daily arena battles, you have a ewok challenge, you have a ability material challenge, as well as newly unlocked challenges that give you materials, that you cannot auto anymore. The galactic war took me 95 minutes yesterday non stop and I played for almost 3 hours all together.

So, what's the alternative? Leave the GW and the 15 shards, leave the 10 shards from the arena and try to get Talia shards in the cantina (the droprate is worse than anything I've encountered so far). So in the end up with 10-12 shards, if I play for 20 minutes a day instead of 45. So after getting 14 characters to level 74, max gear, in 4 month, I will get 1 character to max level per month.

The update is awesome, if your focus lies on a game, where you can play for hours without paying. Not the kind of game I'm interested in though.

Replies