Han or Savage?

hi there,

i need a new character from the arena.. what do you guys think:

han or savage? savage seems to be crazy good in the past weeks, esp. after the new update... but han also got some new boosts..

i don't have a decent tank, but i don't get why savage isn't officially a tank..?!

thoughts? thx in advance!

Replies

• Options
    Hard question man. I still go back and forth with this one. I would go with Han if you don't have a tank. Savage is reeeeeeally good now though too!
  • Options
    Han seems good but personally I went for Savage because I like his finisher
  • Options
    well, i understand the tank-argument..but savage has actually more health and protection, doesn't he?
  • Options
    I would go for Han, excellent protection, and has a taunt skill ;)
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Options
    You aren't using Han for his HP or his damage. Not to be mean but if that's your goal with him, you shouldn't farm him.
  • Options
    i know..i know.. just sayin' that his hp aren't that high for a tank that could taunt 3 rounds...
  • Options
    What about "neither of the above"?
    Savage is not needed. Han may be good, but if you have RG Then better get additional dps
  • Options
    My Han often survives his 3-turn taunt. Especially against Dooku. And Savage... I have one guy in my top-10 who use him. He still doesn't pose huge threat to my team. He is the last to be killed and that's all.
  • Options
    Han gives a nice turn meter boost, and paired with an HK lead could give you some very nice results depending on your characters . however with the new update savages finishing move is very helpful and also his offense of boosts can deal out some crazy damage depending on if he is geared and leveled properly
  • Options
    Han actually pairs well with RG (First taunt han, give free TM to your mates, when he's about to die, RG triggers and still holds the fire off of your DPS toons).

Both are good chars but fill different roles, so the only reason to question between them is because they come from the same prize package (arena shipments).

If you don't really need an update, I sincerely would approach it from a different perspective. Which toon do you dread more when you face him? Han or Savage? When I face Savage, I usually ignore him and only prioritize him over things like JC, last-man phasma, last-man poggle... things that are only scary in a full team and can be left alone. Otherwise, he gives free Off-up via QGJ and deals little damage. Facing ST Han is another story (for me). I think he's now one of the best characters thanks to the damage reduction and protection systems. It will take several shots to take him down, and those shots will translate in a full extra turn for your squad.

It obviously depends as well on what your other chars are. If you already have a competitive team for the arena, go with your gut. If you need a good defensive unit, question yourself what you would rather not face. If you still need something to go on offense, Savage might be slightly better (as he will probably have perma-off-up, the AI won't play around him), but also consider if there might be a better char for that spot.

And you can also go with your fav and find the way to make it work, or think a strategy you'd like to try that involves one of them.
  • Options
    well, rg is gonna be nerfed soon, i guess... everybody is complaining about rg and it makes sense coz that guy just got a bit too crazy good to be true.. so i don't know.. and it's not that easy to farm him_her... so.. i don't know.. apart from that: i already have some toons that many others use.. don't want to have rg, too.. just because everybody gets rg at the moment..
  • Options
    Dooku lead + ST Han is win.
    Even without Han's taunt up his passive turn meter reduction and his turn meter gain on his attack makes him a great attacker.
  • Options
    I think Han got the biggest boost from the update. He survives longer, giving TM forever. He's probably my #2 MVP on my Arena team now. He helps me survive longer against RG/Rey teams, giving me a fighting chance.