reworking DoTs for lethality?

reizse
1447 posts Member
yes, i know the devs are working to make dots lethal again (been a month+). even then, DoTs play second fiddle to speed + damage. in order to make them more viable, i think they need to be reworked to be more threatening. DoTs can be used to punish teams that utilize turn meter manipulation for more actions or teams that try and capitalize on speed to overwhelm their opponents. currently, moving faster and taking more turns has no downside, aside from suffering DoT affects. additionally, with protection, DoT's are even less useful. for example, they only take a hero's max hp into calculation before removing 5% of existing protection per debuff per tick.

what i'd like to see is a hero with a passive that increases DoT damage by %'s, or even increasing their duration once applied. am i crazy?
mighty chlorians

Replies

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah dude ur nuts they are fine if they kill people.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    they don't kill right now because of a bug. they were supposed to be able to kill targets but it's been a month or so since the problem was acknowledged and 'being looked at'
    mighty chlorians
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    They are fixing stuff tho all the time, just tell them its broken.
  • Options
    DoT's will be very useful when everyone is running super tanky teams with Fives at 76.
  • Options
    Perhaps, tactically, DOTs could hurt a victims health directly, ignoring protection...