Current impact of Damage Over Time in battle (since level 80 cap and Fortified Health)

Oliverwilliohelma
133 posts Member
edited April 2016
Heroes that deal Damage Over Time are Tusken shaman, Kylo Ren, Luke Skywalker, Nightsister Initiate, Talia, Darth Vader, Darth Sidious.
I personally have been using Darth Sidious in battle and I can barely notice the impact of his Damage Over Time in battle even after they are successfully inflicted. In fact, if the existence of Damage Over Time weren't indicated by its icon in battle as well as by its descriptions in ability descriptions, I would barely notice its existence.
However, do you use heroes that deal Damage Over Time? If so, what is your opinion of the current impact of Damage Over Time in battle especially the impact of Damage Over Time in battle since level 80 cap and Fortified Health? Furthermore, do you have any suggestions for things to make better sense?

Current impact of Damage Over Time in battle (since level 80 cap and Fortified Health) 11 votes

Damage Over Time currently has [b]adequate[/b] (enough) impact in battle.
18%
KAULIAltoon33 2 votes
Damage Over Time currently has [b]inadequate[/b] (not enough) impact in battle.
81%
reizsebenacrowBobZeConqueror2Milly_htowmbebeateLordAlvertjaystarkillerAceCVJereck 9 votes

Replies

• Oliverwilliohelma
    133 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Could forum MOD help me remove the failed bold command in poll options?
  • Options
    Damage Over Time currently has [b]inadequate[/b] (not enough) impact in battle.
    I think the problem is that DoT's are still based on max HP, but with the introduction of protection the actual % of damage compared to effective health (HP + Protection) is so low it is now even less useful then it was before. That along with them still not being able to change it back to DoT's being able to kill, leaves characters with DoT's at a significant disadvantage.