Kylo Ren - Post Update

Prev1
With the new update...Is Kylo Ren worth farming for? I haven't seen any Top 20 players using him. I can see a couple of players though using Phasma again as their Leader. So why not bring back Kylo Ren. My Kylo is sitting at 5* going to 6* with gear lvl 7.

My Team for Arena is:
Dooku (L)
ST Han/Poogle
Lumi
GS/Rey
Phasma

I'm having hard time holding my spot with this team composition.

Replies

• Options
    Most players only use Kylo with Phasma as lead. I see you have Dooku lead, but you don't have any evasion buffing characters to go with him. Resistance Pilot works great with Dooku lead. ST Han is great, I just got him for my rebel team. Get QGJ and keep building up GS, they are awesome together.

Known as íN Quartus Ω in the game
    Member of Team Instinct
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Yea idk, I have gear 9 max Kylo and he's got so much HP but I haven't been able to come up with a good team that has a role for him. I might use him in a future AOE team once they fix DOT
  • Options
    Okay...Yep QGJ and GS they are awesome if they team up offensively. But when it comes to defense, they can't hold the spot enough. I'm also working on RP atm. I don't see any worth farming on GW as of this moment unless Magmatrooper is better than RP.

Hows your rebel team so far Mufasa? Geez with this new update, it's hard to mix and match heroes especially if you're a FTP.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Okay...Yep QGJ and GS they are awesome if they team up offensively. But when it comes to defense, they can't hold the spot enough. I'm also working on RP atm. I don't see any worth farming on GW as of this moment unless Magmatrooper is better than RP.

Hows your rebel team so far Mufasa? Geez with this new update, it's hard to mix and match heroes especially if you're a FTP.

I'm currently running QGJ, Geo and RP as my 3 DPS and finish #1 almost everyday and top 3 minimum. You've made the correct choice lol.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    With the new update...Is Kylo Ren worth farming for? I haven't seen any Top 20 players using him. I can see a couple of players though using Phasma again as their Leader. So why not bring back Kylo Ren. My Kylo is sitting at 5* going to 6* with gear lvl 7.

My Team for Arena is:
    Dooku (L)
    ST Han/Poogle
    Lumi
    GS/Rey
    Phasma

I'd take Lumi out all together in arena and use geo AND Rey while Han protects them.
  • Options
    RU486 wrote: »

My Team for Arena is:
    Dooku (L)
    ST Han/Poogle
    Lumi
    GS/Rey
    Phasma

I'd take Lumi out all together in arena and use geo AND Rey while Han protects them.

Yeah that's what I did before. With Geo and Rey, they will not survive long enough with 2 tanks. Teams who are using ST Han and RG will own GS and Rey. To counter these type of teams I'll use my QGJ. ...maybe our server is too competitive enough.

I guess the meta is really leaning now on having 2 toons who can taunt to protect 2 heavy attackers. I'll wait and see if Evasion will be the key as well once you get to lvl 80.
  • Options
    I personally will be farming kylo as my next priority, he will fit perfectly into my squad but I do tend to find that most people especially in the top 100 are pretty much building the same team so you should look to be different I will admit my team is quite generic but all the foundations are in place for me to experiment and try new team combos and I'm finding out some very interesting things!
  • Options
    I started farming Kylo again as soon as I heard about this patch. Currently at 6*'s gear 7. I am aiming for a team of Phasma(L) - Kylo - Daka - 5555's - GS. Tons of HP's, some stuns, good debuffs and buffs and assist/extra attack heavy with pretty descent damage. Should be able to disrupt a lot of teams out there.
  • Options

Kylo seems REALLY tanky after the update, not much for dps but takes much longer to kill now. His outrage below 50% now gets used more.
  • d3tox
    71 posts Member
    Options
    With all of the Dooku leads, Kylo is great, assuming you're running phasma. He loses a little something if the other team doesn't have counters.
  • Options
    I won't be using Kylo without RG. Not enough DPS.
  • Options
    I still like my Kylo Ren - farmed him hard and he's maxed out (level 74 now) and has a permanent place in my A team. I used Phasma lead (also maxed) for a long time but have recently been switching up with Dooku. I usually run in the top 50 on my server and fine with that.... I don't need or care to be #1.

Personally my thing is to just run the toons I like - they all have their strengths/weaknesses. Hoping to at one point run a full Sith team or Empire - just because they were my favorite characters in the movie... To me it's more fun to do that than to play a team of Eowks or bugs, but to each his own.
  • Options
    What is his outrage hitting for now at gear 9?

Was thinking of brining him up to gear 9, but the 50 stun guns are a lot if the update took away some of his power hito

At gear 8 his outrage doesn't seem to be as strong when using him in the challenges
  • Wadlinq
    100 posts Member
    Options
    With the current amount of Dooku in arena, Kylo can actually be a nice way to counter the RG + Dooku combo. I use Kylo with Poggle and Phasma to boost his dmg, which work quite nice, seeing as they are both faster. By using his AOE, Dooku will counter ---> reset AOE ---> Repeat. Dookus low dmg + Kylos pretty sweet health/protection (18000 + 16000) means he won't suffer much from the constant dmg. It's fantastic for wearing down on protection while RG (or another tank) taunts. Ive had matches where he was able to AoE every single turn. This also means he keeps his retribution up all the time.
  • Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    I won't be using Kylo without RG. Not enough DPS.

He does have a decent kit though, especially with longer matches now and gear 9 helps a lot.

Maxed except for one Stun Gun at level 75 and found him underwhelming. Of course, wasn't running Phasma lead, had him and 5s with Dooku lead. Dropped too hard.

@Wadling, your experience sounds fun! So what's your whole squad look like and whats the staying power in Arena?
  • Wadlinq
    100 posts Member
    Options
    @Azraelrulez I'm using Phasma (L), Poggle, ST Han, Luminara and Kylo. It's a quite bulky squad, which can take the beating until Han's taunt. Ideally, I reckon you might want another DPS instead of Luminary, but all I tried died before they could act, so went with Lumi, which is working quite well (gives Han a little extra survivability).

I only started running it the other day, but it has been good enough to get me back in the top 5. Only reason I haven't gotten 1st yet is due to poor timing and sniping (and quite a few people active at the same time). I get beaten, but not dropping to far.
  • Higher
    165 posts Member
    Options
    I usually finish top spot during payout and stay within the top 10 with my team, I use Kylo and I find him quite useful, my Kylo is 7* gear 9 and with advantage buff and offense up his aoe is great

I use
    Phasma lead
    Kylo
    Fives
    ST Han
    Poggle
  • Options
    I almost want to lie and say he's useless. I run him on mu squad and have recently started using ST Han as my lead. Also have QGJ on team do often I have Kylo with offense up plus the bonus his third special gets from being under 50% health AND the bonus ST Han gives when under 50%. To say he hits hard is an understatement.
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Options
    FriedGold wrote: »
    I almost want to lie and say he's useless. I run him on mu squad and have recently started using ST Han as my lead. Also have QGJ on team do often I have Kylo with offense up plus the bonus his third special gets from being under 50% health AND the bonus ST Han gives when under 50%. To say he hits hard is an understatement.

Nice!
  • Options
    how hard can you gear Kylo into gear 9? This team composition Phasma (L), Poggle, ST Han, Luminara and Kylo looks promising. My only concern on this type of squad is the DPS. I'll try to level up my Kylo first before farming Lando.
  • Options
    Higher wrote: »
    I usually finish top spot during payout and stay within the top 10 with my team, I use Kylo and I find him quite useful, my Kylo is 7* gear 9 and with advantage buff and offense up his aoe is great

I use
    Phasma lead
    Kylo
    Fives
    ST Han
    Poggle

You have a nice team my friend.
    You could probably try RG for Han cause he is a little bit squishy .
    and also RG taunts automaticaly .

Anyway keep try different options.

Harakiri For The Sky
  • Options
    Berimbolo wrote: »

Was thinking of brining him up to gear 9, but the 50 stun guns are a lot if the update took away some of his power hito

At gear 8 his outrage doesn't seem to be as strong when using him in the challenges

Came to ask this exact question. Is it worth it to farm the stun guns to get him to 9? I'm guessing he'll get a ton more protection, how's his damage? Been running phasma(l), RG, daka, GS, QGJ (for humbling blow) and easily finishing in the top 10. Really enjoying this lineup right now
  • Options
    benetar22 wrote: »

Came to ask this exact question. Is it worth it to farm the stun guns to get him to 9? I'm guessing he'll get a ton more protection, how's his damage? Been running phasma(l), RG, daka, GS, QGJ (for humbling blow) and easily finishing in the top 10. Really enjoying this lineup right now

Hey my friend
    here are some info regarding Kylo
    http://swgoh.gg/characters/kylo-ren/
    Harakiri For The Sky
  • Options
    benetar22 wrote: »

Hey my friend

Thanks!
  • Options
    Hey my friend
    A big thanks for this! :smile: Have they fixed the DoT on Ragged Cut for Kylo?

• Higher
    165 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

I use
    Phasma lead
    Kylo
    Fives
    ST Han
    Poggle

Yeah, I have to really upgrade my RG, I was thinking of instead of poggle use clone sergeant cause I love clones and putting RG instead of ST Han, so I still get some turn meter manipulation... But lose the buff and gain some crowd control(stun). I don't know
    I'm still experimenting, QGJ didn't work as well as poggle cause he was too squishy

But I gotta keep phasma lead with Kylo as a base, and fives is too good to pass up
  • Options

I use
    Phasma lead
    Kylo
    Fives
    ST Han
    Poggle

Yeah, I have to really upgrade my RG, I was thinking of instead of poggle use clone sergeant cause I love clones and putting RG instead of ST Han, so I still get some turn meter manipulation... But lose the buff and gain some crowd control(stun). I don't know
    I'm still experimenting, QGJ didn't work as well as poggle cause he was too squishy

But I gotta keep phasma lead with Kylo as a base, and fives is too good to pass up

To be honest I am still thinking about using FOTP, cause FO team have some kind of synergy and they worked well together
    QGJ is good but I dont want to play with him anymore

Clones are also good if you could have Rex on the lead with Fives and Sergeant maybe Kylo and Phasma or
    Rey .

Poogle could be useful if you could protect him.

Anyway play as how you are enjoying the game cause its the only thing that matters to me.
    Harakiri For The Sky