Barriss in GW op again

I used a Barriss team in GW today and had no problem in semi-auto battle until node 9. I call it semi-auto battle because manual aim is necessary. The last few nodes were also easily finished with the aid of suicide squads.

The team is:

Barriss(L) + 2 healers + RG + Flexible

Best healer imo is Ewok Elder, for tm feeding, debuff removal and guarranteed revive. The other healer could be Lumi (most healing amount), Daka (stun and revive).

RG is the key which is obvious.

The situational toon means you may need to replace this slot to deal with different encounters, which is not necessary but will make life easier especially when you want to auto most of the nodes.

These toons include (yet not limited to):

QGJ (when facing RG, then you need to manually dispel the taunt)

Kylo Ren (which I used in most of the nodes, for high HP, AOE, counter...)

Savage (high HP, self-buff, instant kill)

Rey/GS/IG-88/any heavy hitter (when you need to take down some trouble makers like Daka, Han...)

Third healer (i.e. use all of EE, Daka and Lumi)

Old Ben (when facing an all-attacker team)

Replies

• Options
    Wait when was Barris not Op in Gw?
  • BamBam
    280 posts Member
    Options
    And what do you mean in GW?

Barriss + RG + Savage/Fives + STHan/GS + Rey

=

Arena Top 10 until they unfortunately nerf every single one of them.
  • Options
    She's viable not OP. If she was OP you would see her all over the leader board like Dooku is....
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    She's viable not OP. If she was OP you would see her all over the leader board like Dooku is....

You may have missed "GW" in the title.
  • Options
    BamBam wrote: »

=

Getting top 10 is not called op
  • Options
    Wait when was Barris not Op in Gw?

Before this update, a bunch of teams can auto most, if not all nodes in GW. Now there are few.

• Charlesbusa
    408 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I disagree. If anyone is OP it's Lumi, who doesn't use Lumi. She's everywhere. Everywhere.

Imagine not using Lumi in GW, I cant
  • Options
    I disagree. If anyone is OP it's Lumi, who doesn't use Lumi. She's everywhere. Everywhere.

Lumi lead in GW used to be great but now you may need retreat many times to get better RNG. Barriss can greatly save your time and effort in GW.
  • BamBam
    280 posts Member
    Options
    BamBam wrote: »

=

Getting top 10 is not called op

Phew! It's a good think I didnt say that! ;-)
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    Guild war is still easy and yesterday I used Bariss lead again. It's nice but I wouldn't call it OP.
    Using QGJ (lead), Lumi, Ashoka, Rey and resistance pilot. Can't auto battle and the people that say they can fully auto it are full of **** imo. Even with manually targetting the AI is so st-upid it uses CD's at weird times.

Even manually you sometimes have to restart because AI nukes my QGJ down e.g.

Anyway it's easy, Bariss helps but wouldn't call her OP.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    Guild war is still easy and yesterday I used Bariss lead again. It's nice but I wouldn't call it OP.
    Using QGJ (lead), Lumi, Ashoka, Rey and resistance pilot. Can't auto battle and the people that say they can fully auto it are full of **** imo. Even with manually targetting the AI is so st-upid it uses CD's at weird times.

Even manually you sometimes have to restart because AI nukes my QGJ down e.g.

Anyway it's easy, Bariss helps but wouldn't call her OP.

I didn't say fully auto, but auto until the first full geared team with RG (which usually happens after node 8 or 9) is absolutely possible. After that you may still auto some nodes but most likely you need some suicide squd first.

As I said RG is necessary, he ensures your QGJ doesn't get nuked down. But I don't use QGJ unless encountering RG, because he doesn't help much in a Barriss team. Try some tanky attackers like Kylo Ren or Savage instead.

I autoed GW again and now the best Barriss team for GW imo is:

Barriss, Ewok Elder, Daka, RG, Kylo Ren

Autoed until node 8 without changing the team or retreat. Node 8 had RG so I replaced Kylo with QGJ then changed back for the following nodes. Then I autoed 9 and 11, autoed 10, and used team B for 12 (Barriss team is fully charged after 11 but I just wanted to make it faster)
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    @Karma_Lotus Ah I thought the people claiming this were auto battling everything from node 1 with the same team which seems unlikely to me.
    Haven't tried it myself and for some reason I do it manually for the challenge of trying to finish it with 1 team without losing anyone.

Got a deep bench so might try and see how far I get tonight with auto battle :)
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting