Why wasnt there a Rey nerf?

Prev1
Yoda - nerfed
QGJ - nerfed
GS - nerfed...at least a little bit

but whats with Rey? didn't the say that higher speed characters will get a damage reduction? Rey has the highest speed in them game and still the best dmg, I think there went something wrong.

Anakin which was an average toon with high speed and medicore dmg got a bigger nerf than rey!

I really like the new update, but I don't understand why they keep pushing rey to the best toon.

Replies

• reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    search your heartwallet and you will find the answer your seek
    mighty chlorians
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Rey = GS, a bit nerfed, still good
    QGJ, I started to use him after the update, hes a beast with his skills
  • AlwaysABigerFish
    1175 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    This is just one instance so I can't make a conclusion, but in one of my arena battles yesterday, Rey with offense up did her 3 attack thing for a total of about 4 or 5 thousand damage. If this happens more often I'd say she got nerfed
  • Options
    Rey definitely got extremely nerfed. She can't one-shot anyone anymore.
  • Options
    Rey is a glass cannon and a weenie.
  • Beewl
    129 posts Member
    Options
    Pretty sure she one shot my 86 today. 16kish damage on an offense up buff. Highest I'd seen from her post update so far.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    She does hit less, but she's the main character they werent going to bomb here.

No idea about gs though, literally the one toon we wanted nerfing
    {RotE}
  • Options
    They have to be careful with her for marketing reasons.
  • Options
    None of these toons mentioned need nerfing.... upgrade your squads.
  • Peempo
    403 posts Member
    Options

Still can put out 11k in one hit. Meanwhile anakin does 2k basics now.
  • Options
    Um she ganked my RG one shot..

Ok she had Offense up and Phasma's buff and the shield was toasted already but it was still pretty funny :)
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Rey really isn't as good as she used to be. As said above, her ability to one shot is gone, so while some does crazy damage she just isn't what she used to be.

Also, with so many counter characters they easily remove her foresight and beat her up.
  • Options
    I hear what you guys are saying but I've been one shotted several times by Rey in Arena this week with maxed out characters
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    Rey really isn't as good as she used to be. As said above, her ability to one shot is gone, so while some does crazy damage she just isn't what she used to be.

Also, with so many counter characters they easily remove her foresight and beat her up.

Easily a bit of a stretch. With a bit of work yes. Still have to get through RG taunt then oneshot her once her protection is down so RG does not taunt up again ;p
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Akster wrote: »
    Barrok wrote: »

Easily a bit of a stretch. With a bit of work yes. Still have to get through RG taunt then oneshot her once her protection is down so RG does not taunt up again ;p

I have her dead before RG can taunt every time
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Nerfs have been outlawed. The first rule of nerf club is...... don't ever ask for a nerf again B)
  • Options
    It's been addressed in other threads but it is the lack of utility I feel kept them from being adjusted severely...both characters dish damage solely as a role as opposed to the many other ways say QGJ, Yoda, and others can aftect mat he's with buffs and debuffs..Nerfing their damage heavidly would leave them useless without that kind of utility
  • Haplo
    183 posts Member
    Options
    Peempo wrote: »

She did 11k on a basic? I call ****. Her basic is about 2 - 3k without crit and up to 5 or 6 with crit and off up. Comparing apples and oranges is not a good way to get your point across.

• Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    Anakin, with gear VIII 7 stars does 6k damage if he's leader, offense up, and a crit. Rey does 7k w her leverage no crit. And Rey is faster, has foresight. What they did to Ani is an injustice, and Rey deserves some love from the nerf hammer
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    God F off with all these nerf threads already, everyone just got a nerfing
  • WWJDl
    67 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Rey one shot (or 3x drumming) my RG as well =)
  • Rogan_Ban84
    1415 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    All these dang lies about rey still one shooting. I have 7 star fully geared rey. She doesn't come close to one shoting anyone even with phasma crit buff. Stop lying, noobs.
  • Options
    reizse wrote: »
    search your heartwallet and you will find the answer your seek

Good stuff man.
  • Options
    This is just one instance so I can't make a conclusion, but in one of my arena battles yesterday, Rey with offense up did her 3 attack thing for a total of about 4 or 5 thousand damage. If this happens more often I'd say she got nerfed

She still hit me for 9k+ damage yesterday
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Megadeth3700
    1017 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Sagefire wrote: »
    Yoda - nerfed
    QGJ - nerfed
    GS - nerfed...at least a little bit

but whats with Rey? didn't the say that higher speed characters will get a damage reduction? Rey has the highest speed in them game and still the best dmg, I think there went something wrong.

Anakin which was an average toon with high speed and medicore dmg got a bigger nerf than rey!

I really like the new update, but I don't understand why they keep pushing rey to the best toon.

Rey and GS didn't get nerfed because all they have going for them is damage that's it. Yoda and QGJ are support characters with lots of utility. If you actually played QGJ and Yoda in arena still in top 20's you'll find that QGJ and Yoda are actually even better than before. Not statisticaly on the website but in actual game play value.

P.S: I run a full F2P Jedi team breaking top ranks with QGJ and Yoda as my back bone. I'm not upset with Rey and GS staying as they were. If they got a damage reduction they would likely fade out arena. Even tho they cause some havoc against me at times I think it would be unfare to make these characters unbalanced by nerfing them
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Faff2D2
    253 posts Member
    Options
    gobears21 wrote: »
    None of these toons mentioned need nerfing.... upgrade your squads.

Bears. Upgrade squad. :D
  • Peempo
    403 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Haplo wrote: »
    Peempo wrote: »

She did 11k on a basic? I call ****. Her basic is about 2 - 3k without crit and up to 5 or 6 with crit and off up. Comparing apples and oranges is not a good way to get your point across.

Saying one hit wasn't intended to convey a basic, my bad. Just meant that she can still put out 11k in one turn so I don't consider her overly nerfed. The anakin comparison is to show what an overnerf looks like haha
  • Maestro
    157 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Rey and GS didn't get nerfed because all they have going for them is damage that's it.

This

They offer no team buff, dispells, heal, enemy debuffs or leader ability. Take away their damage and they bring absolutely nothing to a team.
  • Drew_Fornier
    185 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Rey's damage output suffered somewhat in her special attacks. Leverage is not the one-shot crusher that it once was (I think it suffered a 15% damage reduction), and even Flurry of Blows, while it can bring an enemy instantly into the yellow or red, doesn't one shot someone at full or near full health with protection. She's still fast, hits hard and has annoying survivability thanks to Foresight, but she is not the godlike render of souls that she used to be.
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    Rey's damage output suffered somewhat in her special attacks. Leverage is not the one-shot crusher that it once was (I think it suffered a 15% damage reduction), and even Flurry of Blows, while it can bring an enemy instantly into the yellow or red, doesn't one shot someone at full or near full health with protection. She's still fast, hits hard and has annoying survivability thanks to Foresight, but she is not the godlike render of souls that she used to be.

I have one shotted a Dooku and a couple QGJ's when she has offense up. She can actually put a dent in RG. Rey is still the godlike render of souls.
This discussion has been closed.