Boba Fett any good?

He's pretty cool and a very popular SW character but he doesn't seem to be worth much in GoH.
I have him close to 7 stars at gear 8 and would like to use him more but can't really figure out the best way to use him.
I have his leadership ability giving all allies 50% crit damage so I'm thinking he'd need toons that synergize well with him, toons that increase chances for crits and some that do more crit damage.
Anybody has experimented with him or that have tips or suggestions?

Replies

• Options
    Nothing at all?!
    Boba is really that useless, nobody tried him really?
  • BamBam
    280 posts Member
    Options
    Mix him with phasma? An extra 50% crit damage isnt that great. I usually save fett until the end because of his revive thing, but he's a soft hitter
  • Options
    He's not useless, he's just not currently a top tier character.
  • Options
    A friend of mine uses 7* Boba along with 7* Phasma and 7* Lando. He says that he is there just because of his leadership ability.
  • Options
    He is slow and doesn't hit hard. His AOE is decent for the ability block, but it only lasts 1 turn.
    I have him at 6 star gear 8.
    I wish they'd make him stronger or faster. Right now he just doesn't even come close to top tier. He's D squad at best.
  • Options
    I use him in most of the dailies as leader with FOTP, Rey, Leia, Yoda 50% increase to crit damage means I fly through them
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.
  • Options
    There's just no reason to farm him instead of a long list of other characters, both with Energy (RG and Rey) and Cantina Credits(Daka and QGJ).

I have him at 6* because he was an early pull. But for month's I've only used him in Tank Challenge and occasional DS Battles.

If you have those 4 characters and a good 5th maxed out , then go nuts. You won the game. Do whatever you want.
  • CWent
    241 posts Member
    Options
    Type Boba in the search bar. Not being a ****, there's several long posts with great input on Him from the last couple days.
  • Thire
    111 posts Member
    Options
    I've always been annoyed he wasn't better. I pulled out of farming him at 5* when I realized, much to my disappointment, that he wasn't really getting any better. I'm sure there ways to use him, but he seems like he's significant enough that he should be more generally useful
  • Options
    He looks as if he'd be a great Team Leader along with his tankiness but he gets clobbered sadly. I really wish the meta change they release really was what they stated it would be. In reality, the meta is the same and my team in Arena hasn't changed, neither has the rest of the teams on my shard, it's business as usual, Boba is just as useless as he was pre-update....
  • CWent
    241 posts Member
    Options
    He looks as if he'd be a great Team Leader along with his tankiness but he gets clobbered sadly. I really wish the meta change they release really was what they stated it would be. In reality, the meta is the same and my team in Arena hasn't changed, neither has the rest of the teams on my shard, it's business as usual, Boba is just as useless as he was pre-update....

Yes it seems like most people are running the same old. But this update did allow for new opportunity. Boba (L ), lando, Han, phas, Lumi. Been in top 20 since the patch. Sitting at 5 currently with a couple hours left and 2 matches available before the bell tolls. I now have maxed Jin, 86, Geo etc riding my bench. I love not having to play the god forsaken bug.
  • Options
    Boba isn't very good. He does not exist on any team in my leaderboard's top 20.

You can certainly win with him on your squad, but just keep in mind that on defense, he'll be saved til last and do almost nothing for your team.

For now, players may struggle with high HP/defense teams, but it won't be long before they overcome them. 5 minutes is plenty of time for an arena match, unless you're spending 5-10 seconds thinking about every single turn.
  • Options
    CWent wrote: »

Yes it seems like most people are running the same old. But this update did allow for new opportunity. Boba (L ), lando, Han, phas, Lumi. Been in top 20 since the patch. Sitting at 5 currently with a couple hours left and 2 matches available before the bell tolls. I now have maxed Jin, 86, Geo etc riding my bench. I love not having to play the god forsaken bug.

Love this!
    Always refreshing to know that some players find ways to succeed outside of the box.
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    Options
    tried him at lvl 72 as a leader for more crit damage. The bonus rit damage is not that significant, his damage is pathetic, his ability block could be ok but it gets resisted a lot.

Had him as leader the other day and still got #1, but it was like fighting with only 4 characters.
  • Options
    Akster wrote: »
    tried him at lvl 72 as a leader for more crit damage. The bonus rit damage is not that significant, his damage is pathetic, his ability block could be ok but it gets resisted a lot.

Had him as leader the other day and still got #1, but it was like fighting with only 4 characters.

Well, to be honest, after the last patch general nerfing of damage, his damage doesn't seem that much worse than the average toon. Obviously it's not that great either but yeah, overall, he doesn't bring anything all that impressive to the battle.

Anyway thanks to all who posted, gives me a better idea of what to expect with the Fett man, I guess he'll stay mainly on my GW C-team...
  • Options
    Don't have him :(
  • cuyler41
    107 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I have a 7 star 8 gear Boba. The main problem with him is he doesn't have a role on a team. He sucks as a tank and he is to week to be an attacker. So he is pretty much useless (other than cannon fodder) in his current state.
  • CWent
    241 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    http://i.imgur.com/6IlGbP9.png

http://i.imgur.com/zNIqFbq.jpg

For anyone wondering about the Fettman's viability in the arena. @CountOrlandu is on these forums... I need to ask him how my squad does on D. He would have never fought me until the patch as he's a perpetual front runner, and I've only just started sniffing Around the top 10.
  • Options
    Just fought ya and sent an ally request...which timezone payout you run I don't like to attack people close to there payout...ii go for central timezone seems so does galatea Griffen's and a guy name antonio.

When I attacked ya just now I be honest I have not lost an attack since I put in Han and protection update. I sent all dps at your Han stunned your Jedi...by time your Han taunted he had only sliver of life left...I think you had phasma as well? She did aoe first which I'm sure you probably do her buff first? And after my Han taunted your lando and fett never bothered to aoe think taunt in general blows up aoe characters ai? Idk

But pretty much nothing can defend against the top 20 or so guys on our server ID say if ya can beat em on offense than good enough.
  • CWent
    241 posts Member
    Options
    @CountOrlandu Good deal, thanks for the insite. I'm eastern time zone. I'll figure out tonight whose moving around at that time. But I'll certainly lay off right after for you and the other central guys an hour later.
  • Options
    I'm working on a new comp with Bobba lead. Based on high HP toons.
    Bobba (L), Leia, Savage (optional), Vador, RG

Leia will buff crit chance the team and stealth to survive the whole fight.
    Her buffs: +75% crit damage, +25% crit chance, offence up, chance to triple tap.

Savage lot of life & protection. Gets offence up and defence up. Benefit from +crit chance and crit damage)

Vador, lots of life & protection. Clear the protection with dots, and get culling blade to annihilate too (3 dots, + speed down + ability block from Bobba). Dam and crit up.

RG stun and taunts and just being amazing. Also buffs defence up and life up for Vador.

Bobba, just look awesome and be tanky when the others do he job. Don't miss your debuffs that's all.

I already play Vador and RG together and it's incredible how they hold the team together.

Thoughts?

And I'm trying to be original to change from the usual QGJ Dooku Daka Rey GS etc etc.
  • CWent
    241 posts Member
    Options
    Dashel wrote: »
    I'm working on a new comp with Bobba lead. Based on high HP toons.
    Bobba (L), Leia, Savage (optional), Vador, RG

Leia will buff crit chance the team and stealth to survive the whole fight.
    Her buffs: +75% crit damage, +25% crit chance, offence up, chance to triple tap.

Savage lot of life & protection. Gets offence up and defence up. Benefit from +crit chance and crit damage)

Vador, lots of life & protection. Clear the protection with dots, and get culling blade to annihilate too (3 dots, + speed down + ability block from Bobba). Dam and crit up.

RG stun and taunts and just being amazing. Also buffs defence up and life up for Vador.

Bobba, just look awesome and be tanky when the others do he job. Don't miss your debuffs that's all.

I already play Vador and RG together and it's incredible how they hold the team together.

Thoughts?

And I'm trying to be original to change from the usual QGJ Dooku Daka Rey GS etc etc.

By the beard of Zeus that looks a critting war machine. At the very least, it'll take forever to put a dent in. At best, you'll bull doze straight to #1 with dook nats and Geo bugs splattin on your windshield.

Maybe try lando in for savage. With all that crit... his Stache bomb AOE will annihilate. And RG will keep him alive. Wish I had a usable Vader, Leia and RG...
  • Options
    Yea is shame that aoe characters ai abandon they aoes at first sign of taunt...cause in theory aoe should be one of best ways around taunt...

But tbh we probably shouldn't be asking for ai improvements...might just give devs a new way to make gw harder...haha